+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rambo's pelanty... Sublime or Luck?

Rambo's pelanty... Sublime or Luck?

Crazy debate earlier on Ramseys pel.
    Phil Babb reckons he was lucky and got it wrong as if the keeper had guessed the right way he would have saved it. He said that a Panenka should be down the middle as the keeper dives one way or another.

The way is see it...
    1) if the keeper had dived the right way, he would not have got it because of the height.
    2) Who is to say that Ramsey didn't wait for the dive before picking his spot?
    3) What if the keeper didn't dive and Ramsey did try a "proper" Panenka, he'd have made R look a mug.

IMO, it was one of THE great pelanties in its own right and subsequent similar pels will now be known as "The Ramsey"

Re: Rambo's pelanty... Sublime or Luck?

If Phil Babb had done that it would have been lucky.

The way his foot was as he took the kick suggests to me, quite strongly, that he meant it that way.

Zidane's wasn't straight down middle and that was the greatest panenka imo

What a steaming great pile of bollocks. Of course he meant it! Phil Babbs a tit.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    What a steaming great pile of bollocks. Of course he meant it! Phil Babbs a tit.
    He's never been on our coaches

Thought Babb was quite anti Welsh tonight and obviously pro ROI can't wait to turn them over last game of campaign !

Good penalty - it went in.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Good penalty - it went in.
    I didn't realise the history: http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...nalty-13171191

Rambo is a genius.

And (NSASWA) here's what happens when it goes tits up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CeLuXuHtq8

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Zidane's wasn't straight down middle and that was the greatest panenka imo
    Surely Panenkas is the greatest seeing as he was the first to do it and its named after him?

Ramsey said last night that the keeper said to him it was going in the middle... so Ramsey chipped it to the right instead.

One of the best pens I've ever seen. If Messi or Ronaldo did that, the likes of Phil ****ing Babb would be creaming themselves.

I dont know why Phil Babb is getting pelted. It was a light hearted discussion on wether he meant it or not and both him and Saunders, who wasnt 100% sure he meant it either, agreed it doesnt matter because he scored and thats what counts.

Wales fans in faux outrage because non welsh man doesnt think it was the greatest pelanty ever.

Keeper moved before, Ramsey put it the other side. Great penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I dont know why Phil Babb is getting pelted. It was a light hearted discussion on wether he meant it or not and both him and Saunders, who wasnt 100% sure he meant it either, agreed it doesnt matter because he scored and thats what counts.

Wales fans in faux outrage because non welsh man doesnt think it was the greatest pelanty ever.
    To be fair mate, he was pretty crap all night long (including Ireland game)

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    To be fair mate, he was pretty crap all night long (including Ireland game)
    I dont disagree but on the subject of the penalty it was nothing more than a light hearted discussion. If anything it was Saunders who was making more of it than Babb.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Surely Panenkas is the greatest seeing as he was the first to do it and its named after him?
    World Cup final, clipped the bar and in against Buffon???

So by your logic, the first goal ever scored is the greatest goal over scored cos that guy scored it first?

And his name was John Goal if my memory serves me right

So by your logic, the first goal ever scored is the greatest goal over scored cos that guy scored it first?

Always thought Zidane dodged a bullet with that one. Looked awesome but it only just made it - I can't believe even the great Zidane was trying to get it that close.

Great pelanty, but my favourite Zidane tournament pelanty will always be Euro 2004 in the last minute when he puked just before taking the run up. Can't remember who that was against, let me think...

The Pirlo chip against Joe Hart after deciding he needed to be taken down a peg was one of my favourites

Wouldnt even call that a Panenka tbh. Plus he got lucky, not only did he hit the bar, it only just bounced the right side of the line.

Except it was a panenka and he scored it...

Are you the guy that said he's overrated?

Except it was a panenka and he scored it...

Are you the guy that said he's overrated?
    No im not.

Each to their own but a Panenka for me is when the ball is chipped up and is coming down as it crosses the line, with the keeper stranded, and you know its a goal from the moment it leaves your foot. Its not a penalty that is chipped into the roof of the net, still rising,and for a second or two Zidane is not 100% sure hes scored and his team mates have to appeal for it.

Nowhere near as good as Panenkas or the Pirlo one mentioned above.

Pirlo, King of the 'Panenka'

The one against England is a thing of beauty, mainly because Pirlo is just cool as **** doing it in a penalty shoot out.
    But when you see it in slow mo on that last video, its barely waist height when it crosses the line, the size of bollocks needed to do that with such little pace is incredible.
    Watching it live I just remember bursting out laughing at the sheer cheek of it and it still stands out.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Crazy debate earlier on Ramseys pel.
    Phil Babb reckons he was lucky and got it wrong as if the keeper had guessed the right way he would have saved it. He said that a Panenka should be down the middle as the keeper dives one way or another.

The way is see it...
    1) if the keeper had dived the right way, he would not have got it because of the height.
    2) Who is to say that Ramsey didn't wait for the dive before picking his spot?
    3) What if the keeper didn't dive and Ramsey did try a "proper" Panenka, he'd have made R look a mug.

IMO, it was one of THE great pelanties in its own right and subsequent similar pels will now be known as "The Ramsey"
    I think he tripped and accidentally toed it in