+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rangers and celtic

Rangers and celtic

Anyone else like to see these 2 clubs in the English pyramid? I Know they come with a bit of baggage i.e all that religion shit, but Thier home support would probably rival anything in the premier league... especially Celtic fans, who are like rats, youre never more than a few metres away from one. I personally think, 5years in the premier league, and they would be challenging for titles. And adding the old firm to it, would only enhance the the premier leagues status as the world's number 1 football league

Re: Rangers and celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Silures View Post
    Anyone else like to see these 2 clubs in the English pyramid? I Know they come with a bit of baggage i.e all that religion shit, but Thier home support would probably rival anything in the premier league... especially Celtic fans, who are like rats, youre never more than a few metres away from one. I personally think, 5years in the premier league, and they would be challenging for titles. And adding the old firm to it, would only enhance the the premier leagues status as the world's number 1 football league
    Bollocks to that! Imagine the away trips!
    Bournemouth vs Rangers on a wet Tuesday night in December?

It's a football league, not pissing around on PES.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    why would a cardiff fan go to watch bornmouth v rangers?

I think, if anything Celtic and Aberdeen would stand a chance. If last season was anything to go by, Rangers would soon be in a lower league than Celtic. At present I think Celtic would probably be a top half Championship side.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    I think, if anything Celtic and Aberdeen would stand a chance. If last season was anything to go by, Rangers would soon be in a lower league than Celtic. At present I think Celtic would probably be a top half Championship side.
    This.

Good morning Brendan

Celtic are a top half championship side playing against league one standard teams. I don't see any guarantees that they would be competing at the top. Sunderland and Newcastle have great attendances and they are nowhere near the top 6

If rangers and Celtic did move then that would ruin the Scottish league for every other club. The only fair way would be to merge the leagues in their entirety.
    Even then there would need to be some degree of regionalist, as nobody would be watching Plymouth Vs Inverness on a Tuesday night in league one for example.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    This.
    Celtic would walk the Championship. It's a non starter though as the PL wouldn't want to introduce the sectarianism into their "product".

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Celtic would walk the Championship. It's a non starter though as the PL wouldn't want to introduce the sectarianism into their "product".
    Amen to that.2 things though,why should they be parachuted in to the prem and what about all the other clubs who scrap every year for that honour.If it was decided on the basis on size of support you may as well tell Leeds and the 2 shefield clubs to start next season in the prem and tell the likes of Swansea that because their crowds are small they should start in the championship............................oh wait a minute

Please disregard this post

They can keep their Palestinian flags and the rest of it up north thanks.

Rangers at present would struggle in the Championship let alone the Premiership.

Celtic, at best, in a few years time, would be in the Everton / West Ham / Southampton bracket of potentially finishing top half but not good enough to break the Top 6 mould.

I really don't think the current Celtic team would walk the championship. And any other SPL club would struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It would be like 1745 again for every away game. They would bring more away fans than any other club. Some of them might even want to watch the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Celtic are a top half championship side playing against league one standard teams. I don't see any guarantees that they would be competing at the top. Sunderland and Newcastle have great attendances and they are nowhere near the top 6

If rangers and Celtic did move then that would ruin the Scottish league for every other club. The only fair way would be to merge the leagues in their entirety.
    Even then there would need to be some degree of regionalist, as nobody would be watching Plymouth Vs Inverness on a Tuesday night in league one for example.
    I don't know why you would say nobody would watch them. These clubs would get at least as many as they get now. There would be very few away fans but Inverness and Ross County (even further away) would still get 4,000 home fans.

Sky's football viewing figures have taken a record fall for the last season though, I'm sure the thought of Celtic v one of the big six in the premier league would make the exec's mouth's water, t.v. viewing wise.

http://www.football365.com/news/sky-...for-prem-games

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I don't know why you would say nobody would watch them. These clubs would get at least as many as they get now. There would be very few away fans but Inverness and Ross County (even further away) would still get 4,000 home fans.
    I meant away fans. Obviously.

I meant away fans. Obviously.
    Your comments and even inner thoughts might have an obvious meaning to you but I tend to accept what people write as what they mean.

It would also diminish the status of the Scottish Premier League, which is low enough already. They tried it once with the Atlantic League and that was vetoed. Scotland is their home, that's where they belong.

Nope not good enough, and the fans are ugly and sad

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    It would also diminish the status of the Scottish Premier League, which is low enough already. They tried it once with the Atlantic League and that was vetoed. Scotland is their home, that's where they belong.
    Most of their fans seem to think its Ireland! ;-)

I really don't think the current Celtic team would walk the championship. And any other SPL club would struggle.
    Gordon is better than Marshall, and Marshy was one of the best keepers in the Championship. Tierney looks a hell of a player, Lustig is a Sweden regular and their centre backs aren't bad. Kolo Toure played 9 games for Liverpool last season and can't get in Celtic's team. Armstrong and Brown would be top Championship players, Sinclair (who scored 19 goals in his last season in the Champ) and Roberts would be too good for the league, and Dembele and Griffiths would score for fun.

Newcastle just won the league with Paul Dummett and Ciaran Clark playing regularly.

On it bringing a big game to the premier league Id agree.

Manchester United v Manchester City this past season was atrocious.

No glamour. Rubbish atmosphere. Turgid football by mourinho.

A few years people were hoping that derby would rival the biggest in the world.

The two big derbies for me in Europe are celtic rangers and barca madrid.

Apart from that I have basically no interest in most derbies outside of the UK.

The Milans aren't what they were. Lazio Roma is empty. Munich Dortmund? Not arsed. Athletico Real?. I'd watch it Bale was playing but wouldnt go out of my way to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    On it bringing a big game to the premier league Id agree.

Manchester United v Manchester City this past season was atrocious.

No glamour. Rubbish atmosphere. Turgid football by mourinho.

A few years people were hoping that derby would rival the biggest in the world.

The two big derbies for me in Europe are celtic rangers and barca madrid.

Apart from that I have basically no interest in most derbies outside of the UK.

The Milans aren't what they were. Lazio Roma is empty. Munich Dortmund? Not arsed. Athletico Real?. I'd watch it Bale was playing but wouldnt go out of my way to watch it.
    I take it you didnt watch the Celtic v Rangers derbies last season then?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I take it you didnt watch the Celtic v Rangers derbies last season then?
    Ye they were good.

Not the best football wise but still more interesting than most around Europe.

I think I'd rank them:

1. Barca Madrid
    2. Arsenal Spurs
    3. Celtic Rangers
    4. The rest

My interest in actually watching them.