+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ward closing in on Cardiff move?

Ward closing in on Cardiff move?

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/12...nny-ward-move/

I'm fairly confident this one will happen.

Re: Ward closing in on Cardiff move?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/12...nny-ward-move/

I'm fairly confident this one will happen.
    What system do you think Warnock will go with Bob? Should Whitts leave any thoughts on his replacement?

Bob although this article is word for word posted a while back, on this same site, i agree I think this deal will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Bob although this article is word for word posted a while back, on this same site, i agree I think this deal will happen
    Thanks for the update Carl.

Would be a nice signing another promising young lad , lots of energy , no big ego , along with the other three we have already signed all in the same mold.

We need players with big engines , pace , to go full 90 minutes week in week out, to get promoted from this league in my view ,looking promising so far .

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    What system do you think Warnock will go with Bob? Should Whitts leave any thoughts on his replacement?
    I think it's encouraging that we are looking like we could play a number of formations.

Assuming Morrison stays and Manga goes, we've got Peltier, Connolly, Bamba, Morrison and Halford as potential members of a back three with Patterson, Bennett and Richards as potential wing backs - I feel the first two named especially would be well suited to the attacking side of that role as well.

In midfield, you could have Ralls and Gunnarsson as sitting midfielders for a 4-2-3-1 and they could play together in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, but if we are looking for a replacement for Whitts, then Ralls (who I think is a pretty creative midfielder who would walk into many teams in the Championship) may find himself struggling for a starting place. For myself, I'd like us to try to get Emyr Huws playing to somewhere near his potential and use what money we have in other areas than central midfield - I'd give the recruitment of a proper number ten or someone like Gallagher a higher priority than any replacement for Whitts.

Assuming Ward comes, you have someone there who can replace Noone or Pilkington if one of them are sold and he could be used up alongside Zohore as well, but I'm not sure he would make an effective number ten, whereas, apparently, Hayes can play there - I'd been thinking that we'd go for one of Ward or Hayes, but maybe we're trying to get both of them.

Another thing worth mentioning is that in Halford, we have someone who can come into the team and do a pretty decent job in virtually any outfield position - I know there are plenty who don't rate him, but I think he's been a shrewd signing by Warnock.

I think it's encouraging that we are looking like we could play a number of formations.

Assuming Morrison stays and Manga goes, we've got Peltier, Connolly, Bamba, Morrison and Halford as potential members of a back three with Patterson, Bennett and Richards as potential wing backs - I feel the first two named especially would be well suited to the attacking side of that role as well.

In midfield, you could have Ralls and Gunnarsson as sitting midfielders for a 4-2-3-1 and they could play together in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, but if we are looking for a replacement for Whitts, then Ralls (who I think is a pretty creative midfielder who would walk into many teams in the Championship) may find himself struggling for a starting place. For myself, I'd like us to try to get Emyr Huws playing to somewhere near his potential and use what money we have in other areas than central midfield - I'd give the recruitment of a proper number ten or someone like Gallagher a higher priority than any replacement for Whitts.

Assuming Ward comes, you have someone there who can replace Noone or Pilkington if one of them are sold and he could be used up alongside Zohore as well, but I'm not sure he would make an effective number ten, whereas, apparently, Hayes can play there - I'd been thinking that we'd go for one of Ward or Hayes, but maybe we're trying to get both of them.

Another thing worth mentioning is that in Halford, we have someone who can come into the team and do a pretty decent job in virtually any outfield position - I know there are plenty who don't rate him, but I think he's been a shrewd signing by Warnock.
    Sounds like a team coming together, like you I believe Halford is a good signing if we can get him fit , you can see he has good balance , two footed ,deliver corners and free kicks well ,top end utility man .

Sounds like a team coming together, like you I believe Halford is a good signing if we can get him fit , you can see he has good balance , two footed ,deliver corners and free kicks well ,top end utility man .

Plenty of options there and better depth to the squad, feel we need a plan B if big Ken gets crocked although if Lambert can get fit he may be the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    Thanks for the update Carl.
    Who is Carl?

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Plenty of options there and better depth to the squad, feel we need a plan B if big Ken gets crocked although if Lambert can get fit he may be the answer
    I think Lambert's done tbh, hope I'm wrong, but he looked fecked when we signed up, the guy needs a time machine imho

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think Lambert's done tbh, hope I'm wrong, but he looked fecked when we signed up, the guy needs a time machine imho
    I think your right, hope Ken can stay fit for the season.