+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Voters certainly did not reject a hard Brexit.

Voters certainly did not reject a hard Brexit.

Talk of that is twaddle.

The UKIP vote unwound not as anticipated. That is the truth. The UKIP unwinding did more to help Jezzer than was expected.

Leave the EU asap then start negotiating if they want to.

Re: Voters certainly did not reject a hard Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Talk of that is twaddle.

The UKIP vote unwound not as anticipated. That is the truth. The UKIP unwinding did more to help Jezzer than was expected.

Isn't it the case that the so-called soft Brexit option is only available if freedom of movement is maintained? The indications coming from Germany seem to state that case.

Blog Entries

So many jokes I could make but cyclops will tell me off for not acting like a Lady.

I'm still not sure when and where we voted for a hard Brexit. With typical arrogance, Trimmer Cameron deigned that the referendum should be a straightforward yes or no matter, presumably because the idea of the public voting no didn't exist in his mind. Once they did, then the matter of what "No" actually meant became an issue.

I've just done some searching for the term "Hard Brexit" and, interestingly, on the first five pages of answers I got, there wasn't a single example of the term being used before the date of the Referendum, so I cannot see how anyone can claim that we voted for a hard Brexit.

For me, there are all sorts of nuances regarding what the leave vote meant with the line that was followed by alleged one time remainer May and her hard line Brexiteers being well towards one of the extreme ends of the interpretation.

Amidst all the talk of how Labour got their highest number of votes since whenever it was and how the Conservatives received more votes than Blair did in 1997, it seems to have passed unnoticed that considerably more people voted remain in the Referendum than voted Conservative on Thursday.

The sixteen million plus who voted Remain certainly didn't want what is now known as a hard Brexit and I have to believe that nearly all of the thirteen million or so of eligible voters who abstained didn't either. So, you're left with the seventeen million plus who voted to leave - are we really saying that all of them wanted the version of Brexit which has a "bloody difficult" woman going into battle with an attitude that no deal with the EU was an option she could live with?

Even in the hugely unlikely event that all the no voters wanted the version of Brexit favored by the Prime Minister and her merry band of Brexiteers, they still only represent around 37.5% of the eligible electorate and. logically, you have to think that figure would be a little lower today when you consider the people who have come onto and left the electoral register since then.

So, being very generous, what's come to be known as a hard Brexit was favoured by slightly over a third of eligible voters.

I see from the Daily Express that a hard line Tory Brexiteer has been talking what I think is a lot of sense about what should happen now;-

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...nan-Carmichael

In particular, MEP Daniel Hannan said;-

“I do think we should be reaching out. I’ve said ever since the vote, it was a 48 to 52 vote, that is not a mandate for severing all your links. That is a mandate for a phased gradual repatriation of power."

Mr Hannan advocated that there should be consultation with opposition parties about how we go about the Brexit negotiations. My belief is that, based on Thursday's vote, this is the position the British people would prefer - they certainly didn't vote for Theresa May's version of a "hard Brexit", just like they didn't this time last year.

Got to love The Express, halfway down that page they use a sub headline of ''Britain's sternest enemies'
    I mean wtf? Are we at war then ?

Cast your mind back to how May became PM. She just stood still and said very little, while all those around her fell on their swords. It did seem very odd at the time, so why did this happen? Is it because May was chosen by the City of London to represent their interests during the Brexit negotiations? If so, it follows that she will not be trying to get the best deal for the common citizens (you and me). Could this also explain why she is so desperate to hold onto her current position at all costs?

Cast your mind back to how May became PM. She just stood still and said very little, while all those around her fell on their swords. It did seem very odd at the time, so why did this happen? Is it because May was chosen by the City of London to represent their interests during the Brexit negotiations? If so, it follows that she will not be trying to get the best deal for the common citizens (you and me). Could this also explain why she is so desperate to hold onto her current position at all costs?
    To reinforce the above, May has now produced a magic money tree and ended austerity. It seems to be of the utmost importance that she remains in her position to oversee Brexit.

Why has she brought the Brexit Cyunt Gove back ? Now there's a man who needs a good slap as does his hag wife who " writes " drivel for the Daily Mail.

I wonder how Brexit will affect the Channel Isles ?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Talk of that is twaddle.

IMG_20170611_214136.jpg

Ukip vote predominantly went to the Tories.
    Labour gained more than the Tories from everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    IMG_20170611_214136.jpg

Ukip vote predominantly went to the Tories.
    Labour gained more than the Tories from everyone else
    Return of two party politics, cost her the majority.

Cameron /Osborne would have sailed In ,least we forget they were the triple lock and no tax rises authors.

Bet the insiders who wanted and planned Camerons demise and forced his hand on the Brexit referendum are weeping now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Return of two party politics, cost her the majority.

Cameron /Osborne would have sailed In ,least we forget they were the triple lock and no tax rises authors.

Bet the insiders who wanted and planned Camerons demise and forced his hand on the Brexit referendum are weeping now.
    Did she even want to win an overwhelming majority? You could argue the current situation suits May and her City of London backers much better. Lot's of talk now about including all parties, softer Brexit, etc. Even talk about staying in the EU!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Did she even want to win an overwhelming majority? You could argue the current situation suits May and her City of London backers much better. Lot's of talk now about including all parties, softer Brexit, etc. Even talk about staying in the EU!
    Like we are ever going to fully leave anyway.

(How often do you check your emails btw?)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Like we are ever going to fully leave anyway.

(How often do you check your emails btw?)
    Yes, we discussed this likely event a few months ago. Funny how things turn out innit

Theresa May is the key, and the reason why the other Tory Party leadership contenders fell over themselves to ensure that she became the new PM.

Yes, we discussed this likely event a few months ago. Funny how things turn out innit

Theresa May is the key, and the reason why the other Tory Party leadership contenders fell over themselves to ensure that she became the new PM.
    so to get this right, she ran a shit campaign and risked losing her party the election and has lost her credibility just to satisfy the pro EU bankers, You're an odd fellow

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Hotel California.. You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    so to get this right, she ran a shit campaign and risked losing her party the election and has lost her credibility just to satisfy the pro EU bankers, You're an odd fellow
    They don't want to leave, they just want us to think they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Welcome to the Hotel California.. You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave!

They don't want to leave, they just want us to think they want to.
    who are they

So why didn't she stick with the dozen-ish majority she already had, if she didn't want a huge one?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So why didn't she stick with the dozen-ish majority she already had, if she didn't want a huge one?
    his posts are getting more abstract by the day

It's a play. Think back to her strange performance during the referendum, the odd leadership contest, the narrow team she utilised during the GE to micro manage the outcome, etc. Brexit means Brexit!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Act 1, Scene 2 ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40268504

thats not answering his question though is it

Blog Entries

who are they
    Our infested government, they just take orders from the EUSSR HQ.

How sickening to watch this shit unfold

It's a play. Think back to her strange performance during the referendum, the odd leadership contest, the narrow team she utilised during the GE to micro manage the outcome, etc. Brexit means Brexit!
    so your saying she is clever enough to manipulate the system and the public to such a degree that she can emerge with no overall majority but cling on to power, really i mean really

Glueys problem is that he sees an outcome and works backwards, then concludes that whatever happened was always part of the plan.

One day he'll realise that even the big cheeses are making it up as they go along

The situation is very fluid and I can only comment on what has already happened, but it seems like there is some sort of pivot underway.