+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hugh Morris on Cardiff Attendances

Hugh Morris on Cardiff Attendances

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40253477

Basically, he puts a good case across to Michael Vaughan who was slating the fact that the ECB are using Cardiff as a venue.

How many matches does Vaughan actually pay to attend ?

Re: Hugh Morris on Cardiff Attendances

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post

Basically, he puts a good case across to Michael Vaughan who was slating the fact that the ECB are using Cardiff as a venue.

The ticketing system for this event is crazy, you enter the ballot, you don't get tickets, then the game isn't sold out anyway.

You hear a game isnt sold out so you try to get tickets, but then you have to register, again. Just let people buy tickets. You now have a game a day away and they are pushing the re-selling website, because it looks like a huge chunk of ticket holder simply wont turn up.

Announce the game, and then sell tickets to the people who want them.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The ticketing system for this event is crazy, you enter the ballot, you don't get tickets, then the game isn't sold out anyway.

You hear a game isnt sold out so you try to get tickets, but then you have to register, again. Just let people buy tickets. You now have a game a day away and they are pushing the re-selling website, because it looks like a huge chunk of ticket holder simply wont turn up.

We won in the ballot. Got the lowest category, very happy.

Couldn't make it so tried resell tickets for New Zealand england in the lowest category.

The advertising was so piss poor we ended up just not going as they didn't resell.

They blatantly did a ballot so as to make it out to be some amazing event that people were clambering for tickets.

As you say it should have just been first come first serve.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

Couldn't make it so tried resell tickets for New Zealand england in the lowest category.

The advertising was so piss poor we ended up just not going as they didn't resell.

They blatantly did a ballot so as to make it out to be some amazing event that people were clambering for tickets.

I've had loads of friends saying that they would like to attend the matches, because of the ballot system they were all under the impression that the games were sold out, nobody was really aware of the re-selling platform.

I only became aware of the platform in the past few days because Glamorgan have been pushing it on twitter

It is crazy.
    I applied for all the games played in Cardiff and I didn't get a sniff.
    I like you also assumed that the games were sold out so I didn't bother trying after that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post

You should have posted on here that you had spare tickets going. I've sure lots of cricket fans on here woild have took them off your hands. I would have for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    It is crazy.
    I applied for all the games played in Cardiff and I didn't get a sniff.
    I like you also assumed that the games were sold out so I didn't bother trying after that.
    Now 5000 tickets have been returned for the Semi-final. I would love to go, but how am i supposed to get a day off work now with one days notice.

If as soon as England were confirmed in Cardiff, and tickets went on sale plans could have been made. Now we have a badly advertised re-sale website and no time to make plans.

Now 5000 tickets have been returned for the Semi-final. I would love to go, but how am i supposed to get a day off work now with one days notice.

If as soon as England were confirmed in Cardiff, and tickets went on sale plans could have been made. Now we have a badly advertised re-sale website and no time to make plans.
    It's too late in the day for me too mate. I'm already over run with work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post

Vaughan is a moron. He's proved it enough times.

There's no Glammy fans' forum so I tweeted this link to Glam CCC so they get some proper feedback. Also asked if they're going to set up a proper GCCC fans' forum. We should raise it at next members meeting or ask Hugh if he's around.

dont enter the ballot , wait until its over then apply for what game you want worked fine for me for both the last two trophies

First Team

They do this with the Test Matches as well. It's a con to make you buy a membership but low and behold tickets them go on public sale as there are a loaf available (Ashes aside).

On Saturday a text went into BBC 5 that said England were playing Australia in the cricket, Crusaders in the rugby and Argentina in the rugby later on. The presenter only corrected it to the Lions.

Honestly, if there is a team that represents the English and Welsh Cricket Board but spends every breath denying the Welsh parts existence then why would anyone turn up to watch them play? And if you're turned off the home nation then why would you watch another nation?

Bit of a struggle for England so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/38832864

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    On Saturday a text went into BBC 5 that said England were playing Australia in the cricket, Crusaders in the rugby and Argentina in the rugby later on. The presenter only corrected it to the Lions.

Honestly, if there is a team that represents the English and Welsh Cricket Board but spends every breath denying the Welsh parts existence then why would anyone turn up to watch them play? And if you're turned off the home nation then why would you watch another nation?
    Do you like cricket?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bit of a struggle for England so far.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/38832864
    I havn't seen a great deal of the game today, but from what I have seen, and the score suggests its been a pathetic effort from England.
    People call the South Africans bottlers in the big games. We are just as bad as them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I havn't seen a great deal of the game today, but from what I have seen, and the score suggests its been a pathetic effort from England.
    People call the South Africans bottlers in the big games. We are just as bad as them.
    England are like one of the top Premier League teams - massively hyped at home, but they do bugger all when the major competition gets serious. To be fair, they can look a very impressive team in both versions of the one day game when the force is with them, but, more than forty years after the first world competition for the longer version, they still haven't won a major tournament at that level, while in five day cricket they have been just a middling win one, lose one type of side for years now - in fact, they've got worse than that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    England are like one of the top Premier League teams - massively hyped at home, but they do bugger all when the major competition gets serious. To be fair, they can look a very impressive team in both versions of the one day game when the force is with them, but, more than forty years after the first world competition for the longer version, they still haven't won a major tournament at that level, while in five day cricket they have been just a middling win one, lose one type of side for years now - in fact, they've got worse than that recently.
    root , morgan and stokes took far to long to score runs at a time they needed to push on , i cant remember any of them attacking the bowling . i wonder what michael vaughan thought of all the empty seats in the last hour after being vacated by the english supporters

Bangladesh and Pakistan are both 3 times the size of the UK and India 20 times as big and all of them much more into cricket.
    Bit wierd thinking that if the other teams performed to their potential then England would have been absolute minnows in the semi finals compared to the others.
    Perhaps that's how it'll go in the longer term.

Heard a little bit of bitching about the Glamorgan pitch from England fans. But most of the experts have shut that down, saying it has produced really good contests

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Heard a little bit of bitching about the Glamorgan pitch from England fans. But most of the experts have shut that down, saying it has produced really good contests
    The ICC tell them what pitch to produce, not the ECB. Also, Cardiff has the best pitch in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Mansfield View Post
    There's no Glammy fans' forum so I tweeted this link to Glam CCC so they get some proper feedback. Also asked if they're going to set up a proper GCCC fans' forum. We should raise it at next members meeting or ask Hugh if he's around.
    Here's a Glamorgan CCC forum. http://forum.viewfromtheboundary.com/viewforum.php?f=21