+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitts officially gone.

Whitts officially gone.

Re: Whitts officially gone.

Gutted if I'm honest. And no announcement from City???!!!! Disgraceful

Our twitter put out:

An iconic figure in #Bluebirds history, we'd like to wish Whitts all the very best for the future.

#ThankYouPW7

And they've just this minute put a message on the website:

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...the-bluebirds/

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Gutted if I'm honest. And no announcement from City???!!!! Disgraceful

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ckburn-rovers/

Following his move to Blackburn Rovers, Peter Whittingham has asked for us to release the below note to the Cardiff City support…

“I’ve had ten-and-a-half awesome years at Cardiff City, reached several cup finals that I never thought I’d reach, won promotion and played a lot of games at this great Club.

“For me now, it is time for a new challenge. I’m not one of those footballers who can train all week and sit and watch a match. I want to play as many games as possible - and I think at this stage of my career this move will help me to do so.

“I would like to thank the players and staff who I’ve had the privilege of working with, and playing alongside, at firstly Ninian Park, and later Cardiff City Stadium.

“I must say, my rapport with the Cardiff City supporters is something that I’ve always cherished. Hearing the Bluebirds fans sing ‘that song’ made every moment wearing the no. 7 shirt even brighter. Thank you all for your support.

“City’s result will be the first I check every Saturday evening.”

Whitts"

Welling up here, and I'm being serious for once

A club legend. Sad day.

Following his move to Blackburn Rovers, Peter Whittingham has asked for us to release the below note to the Cardiff City support…

“I’ve had ten-and-a-half awesome years at Cardiff City, reached several cup finals that I never thought I’d reach, won promotion and played a lot of games at this great Club.

“For me now, it is time for a new challenge. I’m not one of those footballers who can train all week and sit and watch a match. I want to play as many games as possible - and I think at this stage of my career this move will help me to do so.

“I would like to thank the players and staff who I’ve had the privilege of working with, and playing alongside, at firstly Ninian Park, and later Cardiff City Stadium.

“I must say, my rapport with the Cardiff City supporters is something that I’ve always cherished. Hearing the Bluebirds fans sing ‘that song’ made every moment wearing the no. 7 shirt even brighter. Thank you all for your support.

Whitts"

I'm sat at my desk, and I genuinely felt a tear in my eye. Considering I've accepted he's leaving since March/April, I didn't realise it would affect me this much.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I'm sat at my desk, and I genuinely felt a tear in my eye. Considering I've accepted he's leaving since March/April, I didn't realise it would affect me this much.
    This is the bit that got me

“I must say, my rapport with the Cardiff City supporters is something that I’ve always cherished. Hearing the Bluebirds fans sing ‘that song’ made every moment wearing the no. 7 shirt even brighter. Thank you all for your support."

I'd love to play them in the cup or something and give him the ovation he deserves - I wouldn't even mind if he scored against us

Whitts"

Even though I knew this was coming it is no less gutting. My legs have turned to jelly and I feel numb reading that.

All the best Whitts you are a true City legend.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Even though I knew this was coming it is no less gutting.

All the best Whitts you are a true City legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Same here, nice statement.

If you're feeling wobbly already, DO NOT watch this.

Whitts"

You'll be fine hun!

Blue in the Face

CCFC legend and a perfect pro. Thanks for countless magical moments Whitts.

He'll be back I'm sure in some capacity in the future.

Blog Entries

Whitts"

The man will always, always be a Cardiff City legend. One of the true Cardiff City greats. He goes with everyones best wishes and hope that he has a tremendous couple of years with Blackburn Rovers. It would be wonderful if he got a chance to return to play at Cardiff sometime over the next couple of years and even better to see him back in some capacity at Cardiff after his playing days are over.

Wait till Wolfy reads this !

Classy statement from a classy player and even classier guy.

Whitts oozes class.

A great player for our club , who has providd some magic moments. Has infuriated me at times , however I think we are going to realise how good he was now he has gone.

The right time to move on for me. Good luck Whitts.

Whitts"

Me too mate. Thanks Whitts for all you did for us.

One of my favourite ever players, gutted he's gone. We won't have a player as classy as him for a while.

Well I never actually thought it would happen, but now it has I'm thinking it's for the best for both the club and Whitts, both of whom are looking to move on to a new era.

I don't think there's any other Cardiff player in history that would've given me such a shock holding up another teams scarf than the shock I got from seeing this pic below. I may have even put my hand to my mouth for a second like a little housewife.

I've trusted Warnock to do the right thing since he got here but in this case, he better be fvcking sure about this or I'll mounting a one-man protest by taking a shit on his car windscreen. Neil, little tip, the windscreen wipers make it worse.