+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whitts officially gone.

Re: Whitts officially gone.

5 or 6 years ago I think it would be a bad move for City, but now it's about right. Has turned down a reduced contract so hasn't been cast out, but when you look at the industry of Gunnarson who puts a tremendous shift week in week out, and then compare with Whittingham who has been relying on his set pieces for a few years, it makes sense.

Top player, top guy.

Thanks for the many good memories and good luck Whitts!

He'll run the show in league one IMO. Great bit of business from Mowbray..

He does what he wants!!!All the very best at Rovers.Your service to CCFC has been exemplary.Legend!!!!

Been a great servant to the club - one of the best.
    Can't really blame him for going as he's managed to get himself a 2 year contract so well done him.
    I'm also thinking that the club couldn't announce anything themselves until Blackburn had released their statement. It would have been more unprofessional if they had done, especially considering that he's still under contract here until the 30th.

Great guy. Great player. Great memories.

Hope we get the chance to welcome him back and show our appreciation.

This is so sad to see now this has actually happened, even though it was clear for all to see that it was going to.
    Warnock teams are built on everyone busting a gut and Whitts will be first to admit that is not his game.
    Best all round that he's decided to leave tbh, I felt even this season, with the odd exception, that he had already gone.

City legend no question but as the saying goes, all good things come to an end.

Good luck at Blackburn Peter, you're not finished I'm the game yet

True City Legend.

Surely the club should organise a testomonial.

All the best Whitts.

Sad to see a player so deserving of his City Legendary status leave. I hope he does really well. He deserves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    True City Legend.

All the best Whitts.
    We should stick in a tenner each and sponsor him next season. Show him his contribution hasn't been forgotten by the fans.

Maybe I'm getting a bit soppy now.

There should be a statue of him not celebrating a goal outside the stadium.

Gutted

He'll be picking out all 4000 holes next season with killer balls

Will always be in my all time City 11

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Sad to see a player so deserving of his City Legendary status leave. I hope he does really well. He deserves too.
    Yep

Gutted to see him go. I'll miss the little clap he always gave the Canton when he came over to take a corner. Glad my young lads got to see one of his free kicks with his beauty against Sheffield Wednesday last season.
    Best of luck Whitts you total legend.

gutted a true city legend . All the best for the future peter

He wasn't too shabby was he.

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...the-bluebirds/

Following his move to Blackburn Rovers, Peter Whittingham has asked for us to release the below note to the Cardiff City support…

“I’ve had ten-and-a-half awesome years at Cardiff City, reached several cup finals that I never thought I’d reach, won promotion and played a lot of games at this great Club.

“For me now, it is time for a new challenge. I’m not one of those footballers who can train all week and sit and watch a match. I want to play as many games as possible - and I think at this stage of my career this move will help me to do so.

“I would like to thank the players and staff who I’ve had the privilege of working with, and playing alongside, at firstly Ninian Park, and later Cardiff City Stadium.

“I must say, my rapport with the Cardiff City supporters is something that I’ve always cherished. Hearing the Bluebirds fans sing ‘that song’ made every moment wearing the no. 7 shirt even brighter. Thank you all for your support.

“City’s result will be the first I check every Saturday evening.”

Whitts"

Welling up here, and I'm being serious for once
    Quality statement from a quality professional. Cardiff City will never spend a better £200,000.

Deserved better from Warnock at the end of the season, how many clubs has he had in 10 and a half years?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Quality statement from a quality professional. Cardiff City will never spend a better £200,000.

Deserved better from Warnock at the end of the season, how many clubs has he had in 10 and a half years?
    If we'd offered him a two year contract he'd probably have been here after NW.
    My head says he's past his best but I get the impression the remaining players are going to miss him in the dressing room, something that doesn't appear to have been factored in.

First Team

I guess we all knew this was coming. Just a big thank you from me for the entertainment. A City legend in my view.

There are a good number of fans who have never seen Cardiff City without Whitts. A true legend at this club, even his goodbye statement is the classic mix of coolness and incredible emotion that every Whitts moment entails, that should have his name sung forever just as Man United fans sing for Eric Catona.

Just to add my thanks for some of the most exquisite and enthralling football I've ever seen a Cardiff player produce on a pitch. For me, the only other Cardiff player who came close to the ball control capable of being achieved by Whitts was Koumas, and his particular flame was bright but very short-lived.

Whitts, I hope the next two years go perfectly for you. I look forward to seeing you back in Cardiff when your career finishes, so we can all tell you just how good you were.

So long Witte. Don't think we will truly realise how lucky we were to have such a loyal skilfull servant, untill we are telling our grandchildren about him

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    True City Legend.

All the best Whitts.
    If they do I hope they don't leave it years like they did for superkev. Too late to arrange something for pre season, unless he gets half hour at Taffs Well

Get it done in the next international break after the qualifiers are over preferably.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If they do I hope they don't leave it years like they did for superkev. Too late to arrange something for pre season, unless he gets half hour at Taffs Well

Get it done in the next international break after the qualifiers are over preferably.
    Not sure Blackburn would be happy with that