+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kante

Kante

What a footballer.

Possibly the best there is of the modern era.

Brilliant.

Re: Kante

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What a footballer.

Brilliant.
    we have better at ibrox now. just wait til the new season.

What a footballer.

Brilliant.
    Cobblers. He's an excellent defensive midfielder than isn't an automatic selection for France. Let's not get carried away. There are many players I'd rather have.

He has a lot of energy. Doesn't get tired.

But on actual ability like passing and scoring he's no where near the top. Maybe he is the best as a ball winning central mid but there are plenty of other players I'd rather.

I heard chelsea fans on BBC 606 saying he is quite overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Wow
    Just wow

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Cobblers. He's an excellent defensive midfielder than isn't an automatic selection for France. Let's not get carried away. There are many players I'd rather have.
    If we did have him, we could have given Whitts a 2 year contract as he would have done all his defensive duties for him

Slightly better than a water carrier. I'm exaggerating but he's not in the top 50 players in the worldand Iniesta and co made him look silly in the recent France v Spain friendly

As far as cleaning up play and winning the ball he's up there at the top. That's why Chelsea got him, not to score plenty of goals and spread 80 yard passes.

What a footballer.

Brilliant.
    Weak. Is that the best you can come up with?

Does what he does very well, but is limited in other areas. Passing is not a strength.
    Wins balls back quickly and allows his teammates to attack unorganised defences, so great to have in your team, but not individually one of the best imo.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Weak. Is that the best you can come up with?
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Slightly better than a water carrier. I'm exaggerating but he's not in the top 50 players in the worldand Iniesta and co made him look silly in the recent France v Spain friendly
    Really? He has his limitations, true, but name one player who performs in that water-carrier/Makelele role better than him currently. He could improve every squad in the world and a significant number of starting 11's too.