+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL free agents.

EFL free agents.

A pretty comprehensive list here which also includes a possible City retained list.

http://www.stevenage.vitalfootball.c...e.asp?a=494814

Re: EFL free agents.

Has Harris not had new contract?

He had agreed one verbally, but when him and his agent/dad met yesterday they said they were still undecided, cant see Neil being very pleased, i see Turner has been released

Whittingham Peter Michael

I see Ross Turnbull has been released by Leeds too. A quick wikipedia search shows him having played 148 first team games over a 15 year career. He must have some massive splinters in his arse.

Quote Originally Posted by itkman View Post
    I see Ross Turnbull has been released by Leeds too. A quick wikipedia search shows him having played 148 first team games over a 15 year career. He must have some massive splinters in his arse.
    That's actually more than I thought as he was at Chelsea for ages.

Vegard Forren could be a good shout

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    He had agreed one verbally, but when him and his agent/dad met yesterday they said they were still undecided, cant see Neil being very pleased, i see Turner has been released
    I think Turner was on a 1 year deal , probably due to his injury record from when he was with us. Maybe he's been offered a new one?

I thought Jamie Bird was one for the future.
    Anyone know where it all went wrong for him???

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I thought Jamie Bird was one for the future.
    Anyone know where it all went wrong for him???
    During the absolutely awful first couple of months of last season, the form of Jamie Bird was one of the few positives at the club

This amazing goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAUT5L3nrA

captured headlines, but it was far from a one off and, at that time if those who watch City age level football were asked to pick one youngster who was going to break into the first team during the season, they would probably have said Jamie Bird, rather than Mark Harris.

Bird, along with Lloyd Humprhies, then moved to Weston on loan and while the latter appears to have done well there (his loan was extended), the former seemed to spend a lot of time on the substitute's bench. When he came back to us, he wasn't playing as well and it looks like this was a case of a loan move that worked against the player. Even so, I was surprised to learn of his release - it's hard for us supporters to know exactly what is happening with any player at the club when it comes to things like performance and attitude in training, but, on the face of it, Bird seems to have been treated quite harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    During the absolutely awful first couple of months of last season, the form of Jamie Bird was one of the few positives at the club

This amazing goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uAUT5L3nrA

captured headlines, but it was far from a one off and, at that time if those who watch City age level football were asked to pick one youngster who was going to break into the first team during the season, they would probably have said Jamie Bird, rather than Mark Harris.

Bird, along with Lloyd Humprhies, then moved to Weston on loan and while the latter appears to have done well there (his loan was extended), the former seemed to spend a lot of time on the substitute's bench. When he came back to us, he wasn't playing as well and it looks like this was a case of a loan move that worked against the player. Even so, I was surprised to learn of his release - it's hard for us supporters to know exactly what is happening with any player at the club when it comes to things like performance and attitude in training, but, on the face of it, Bird seems to have been treated quite harshly.
    Thanks for that Bob
    Jamie's brother used to work for me but I havn't seen him in a long time.
    I'll have to hunt out his number to see if I can find out anymore info on him.