+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Zohore

Zohore

I note that young Kenneth is in the Denmark U 21 squad for the U 21 European Championships in Poland. Denmark have three group games starting this Sunday V Italy and ending against Czech Republic June 24th. Should Denmark progress then he can kiss the month of June goodbye.

With pre season training resuming in July it's not much of a break for a player that has only got half a season behind him. He looked knackered towards the end of last season, hardly surprising given that he was our sole striker and played in every game. The lad needs a good break before an important season for him personally next season and I think it is a concern that he is competing in this competition and I dare say Warnock would have similar if not bigger concerns in this respect.

Re: Zohore

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    I note that young Kenneth is in the Denmark U 21 squad for the U 21 European Championships in Poland. Denmark have three group games starting this Sunday V Italy and ending against Czech Republic June 24th. Should Denmark progress then he can kiss the month of June goodbye.

With pre season training resuming in July it's not much of a break for a player that has only got half a season behind him. He looked knackered towards the end of last season, hardly surprising given that he was our sole striker and played in every game. The lad needs a good break before an important season for him personally next season and I think it is a concern that he is competing in this competition and I dare say Warnock would have similar if not bigger concerns in this respect.
    He's also been training with Denmark's senior team apparently. Seems to me that the best thing to do would be something similar to what happened to Gunnarsson after the Euros whereby he was allowed to join pre season training later than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's also been training with Denmark's senior team apparently. Seems to me that the best thing to do would be something similar to what happened to Gunnarsson after the Euros whereby he was allowed to join pre season training later than the others.
    That would make commonsense for sure. However, with Warnock desperate to get off to a good start, I hope that he will not be pressed into service to early as it could be counter productive regards strains later in the season especially for a player with a bit of pace. I guess a lot will depend on the gaffer's recruitment drive between now and then, hopefully we'll see a few forwards in between now and the start of the season. A few through the door will take the pressure off throwing him straight back into the fray.

Zohore has had this to say in Denmark: http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/z...stor-angriber/

Kenneth Zohore will try to live up to the expectations that the outside world has had for him, even though his career has been bumped.

Kenneth Zohore debuted as a 16-year-old for FC Copenhagen's first team, but yet his career has not quite become what some people said at the time.

However, Zohore has scored excellent for Cardiff in the Championship this spring, and the 23-year-old striker is still keen to turn to the highest level.

"I'm still going to live up to all the expectations people have had for me. I'll probably be a big attacker. I have plenty of time yet. I'm not stressing, Zohore says to Ekstra Bladet, and dimming the possibility of changing club after the understanding U21 EM:

- For me, this EM is not an exhibition window, which I would normally have seen. To me it's about doing the best with the national team. I'm happy where I am and do not need a new club.

Zohore emphasizes Cardiff manager Stephen Warnock as particularly important to his bloody Cardiff.

Some typically questionable Google Translate but I like the part where he says he doesn't need a new club. So often foreign players say they want to move when questioned by their own media.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Zohore has had this to say in Denmark: http://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/z...stor-angriber/

Kenneth Zohore will try to live up to the expectations that the outside world has had for him, even though his career has been bumped.

Kenneth Zohore debuted as a 16-year-old for FC Copenhagen's first team, but yet his career has not quite become what some people said at the time.

However, Zohore has scored excellent for Cardiff in the Championship this spring, and the 23-year-old striker is still keen to turn to the highest level.

"I'm still going to live up to all the expectations people have had for me. I'll probably be a big attacker. I have plenty of time yet. I'm not stressing, Zohore says to Ekstra Bladet, and dimming the possibility of changing club after the understanding U21 EM:

- For me, this EM is not an exhibition window, which I would normally have seen. To me it's about doing the best with the national team. I'm happy where I am and do not need a new club.

Zohore emphasizes Cardiff manager STEPHEN Warnock as particularly important to his bloody Cardiff.

Some typically questionable Google Translate but I like the part where he says he doesn't need a new club. So often foreign players say they want to move when questioned by their own media.

Bet you "OUR NEIL'S" over the moon with that

"Zohore emphasizes Cardiff manager Stephen Warnock as particularly important to his bloody Cardiff."

Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Zohore emphasizes Cardiff manager Stephen Warnock as particularly important to his bloody Cardiff.

I've often expressed the same sentiment after watching many a City game!

You are my Cardiff, my bloody Cardiff, you make me happy.....

Denmark will soon have the difficult decision of A-Corn or Zohore up front - that could have been us too!

The games are live on Sky. You also don't need to subscribe to Sky Sports as they are on Sky Sports Mix.

Excellent piece in here about Zohore - let's hope he can now live up to his own expectations :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-neil-13192411

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Excellent piece in here about Zohore - let's hope he can now live up to his own expectations :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-neil-13192411
    "....as Neil Warnock says, it is not enough to be good, you also have to work for it."

It's very basic, simple advice. Advice I give to my under 9s, but it's so true. Looks like big Ken's absolutely got the right attitude too. Could be a big, big season ahead for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    "....as Neil Warnock says, it is not enough to be good, you also have to work for it."

It's very basic, simple advice. Advice I give to my under 9s, but it's so true. Looks like big Ken's absolutely got the right attitude too. Could be a big, big season ahead for him.
    It does sound like it finally clicked just in time for him. Here's hoping he has a stellar season and we have the high class problem of trying to hold on to him. Either way it adds a little more spice to what should hopefully be a really interesting season next year...