+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Link Road Cardiff Bay

New Link Road Cardiff Bay

seems a lot of work just to shave 1.5 Miles off a journey. Worth it ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...rdiff-13124962

Re: New Link Road Cardiff Bay

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

A monumental waste of taxpayers money when we're only 55 years away from self-driving electric hover cars.

How is it still not open I want to know. Opening date been delayed time and time again and apparently the ribbn was meant to be cut this morning, drove past it earlier and till shut. Looks all ready either end, builders just fannying around doing nothing there now.

I think it will reduce congestion slightly in the centre because people will be more inclined to go that way rather than down Newport Road to get out of the City but only going to have a big impact if they ever finish it and complete the ring road, i.e. a dual carriageway from the end of the new road, along Rover Way joining up with A48.

I think it will reduce congestion slightly in the centre because people will be more inclined to go that way rather than down Newport Road to get out of the City but only going to have a big impact if they ever finish it and complete the ring road, i.e. a dual carriageway from the end of the new road, along Rover Way joining up with A48.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean building the road through that gypo camp, and bulldozing 'em into the channel?? Hope so....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I think it will reduce congestion slightly in the centre because people will be more inclined to go that way rather than down Newport Road to get out of the City but only going to have a big impact if they ever finish it and complete the ring road, i.e. a dual carriageway from the end of the new road, along Rover Way joining up with A48.
    Does that mean building the road through that gypo camp, and bulldozing 'em into the channel?? Hope so....[/QUOTE]
    Would be a bonus I suppose!

Need more than a link road to sort out the traffic in Cardiff. To many cars on the road, the government needs to make it unaffordable for people to drive, unless they can afford to buy a ford focus with go fast Stripes

Going to make it easier to get to Jimmy's

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post

Why is the fella/lass driving down the road, HOGGING THE OUTSIDE LANE !!!!!!!!!!

40mph ! How many speed cameras will there be. ?!

Banned

Complete waste of money they would have been better off spending the money on more worth while services.
    Same as the Barry road and the Grand Avenue Ely, fecking piss take.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Complete waste of money they would have been better off spending the money on more worth while services.
    Same as the Barry road and the Grand Avenue Ely, fecking piss take.
    spot on mate, search positive news uk and get uplifting news rather than this type of doom and gloom every day

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    How is it still not open I want to know. Opening date been delayed time and time again and apparently the ribbn was meant to be cut this morning, drove past it earlier and till shut. Looks all ready either end, builders just fannying around doing nothing there now.

If you bothered to read the article you would know that it is due to open at 7pm this evening

Reverse austerity

Banned

The new Ely river footbridge cost £260 thousand another waste of tax payers money.

The new Ely river footbridge cost £260 thousand another waste of tax payers money.
    I don't know why they developed Cardiff Bay in the first place, it was much better before

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    I don't know why they developed Cardiff Bay in the first place, it was much better before
    Try and keep on track with the thread

Those of us who use it don't consider it a waste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Those of us who use it don't consider it a waste
    It is a waste when there is a perfectly good pavement already in situ.

It is a waste when there is a perfectly good pavement already in situ.
    I think the clue is in the word 'bridge' - there was no pavement already in place...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think the clue is in the word 'bridge' - there was no pavement already in place...
    Come back when you know what you are talking about.

What's happening with the ski jump?
    Or has it been done on the cheap with a roundabout?

Come back when you know what you are talking about.
    Are we talking about the same bridge in Cardiff Bay? If we are then I'd be really interested in knowing where the existing pathway was already as I never found it, unless you mean Penarth Road...

I look forward to being enlightened!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    What's happening with the ski jump?
    Or has it been done on the cheap with a roundabout?
    It's a roundabout. But it looks like the potential overpass could still happen. Would be lovely to have a full orbital road around cardiff without having to deal with too many roundabouts and single stretches like Rover Way.

I would like an orbital ring road hovering just above the sky line of Cardiff with four exits north ,south, east and west , just like a glowing halo .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I would like an orbital ring road hovering just above the sky line of Cardiff with four exits north ,south, east and west , just like a glowing halo .
    But where would they build the monorail then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    But where would they build the monorail then?
    We won't need that when the underground hyperloop goes in.