Thanks very much to those who wished me well, but, although perhaps I should have been more concerned, I was fairly calm throughout the period while I was waiting for my second PSA (I learned the result of the first one on the day before the World Cup started) and I was amazed by how little I was worked up yesterday while I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room for about fifty minutes past my appointment time.

The main reason I can think of for this is the conversation I had with the Urology consultant four years ago when he told me that, although he was happy to sign me off, he did want me to keep having six monthly PSA tests - I can remember his words "you're in the system now and with a PSA like yours, it's best we keep it that way - if the tests reveal anything in the future, you will know that any cancer would have been detected pretty early and that should greatly help the chances of a positive outcome". So, I'd like to think that and, perhaps, my research and experiences from my scare in 2014, made me think that, even if it had been bad news yesterday, the chances of a good outcome would be pretty high.

As I mentioned, in my message yesterday, my line of thinking in putting what I learned yesterday on here was, primarily to show anyone who may have a raised PSA result in the future that it is possible to have a very high test score and it still end up not being cancer. I'd also say that I'm lucky because, as the Consultant said, I'm in the system, but I could have been much earlier if I had acted on the "prostate like" symptoms I'd had for years - for example, I'd been getting up for a least one pee a night for about fifteen years before circumstances forced me into doing something about it.