+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Given the all clear

Re: Given the all clear

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Tell her it could still be a big night if she plays her cards right.

Usually works for Sludge.

Great news.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Had my results today,the four bloods came back clear.I do have a benign growth so i do have to have another mri scan and if there has no enlargement they will just monitor it.Like winning the lottery but better.

Excellent news

Brilliant news

Good news Jeeps.

Had my results today,the four bloods came back clear.I do have a benign growth so i do have to have another mri scan and if there has no enlargement they will just monitor it.Like winning the lottery but better.
    Great news!!!! Thanks for sharing

Great news Jeeps

GOOD TO HEAR!

good news

Good news. Enjoy the summer.

Lovely news John

I have been walking around with a massive smile all day.
    Well done ! I thought it was going to say " massive hard on " though. Enjoy letting the
    worry and stress go.

Fantastic news

[QUOTE=gillsam;4751433]Lovely news Jeeps

Threads like this put complaining about the shade of blue piping, or the font on the sponsor, of a football jersey into perspective.

Back in June I went to the Doctors with symptoms similar to what I was getting with my prostate scare four years ago when I was given the all clear after a biopsy, but, because of my higher than normal PSA readings (I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate as part of the investigation in 2014), I should have it tested every six months.

I was pissing blood back in June and they confirmed I had a urinary tract infection and put me on anti biotics, but I was also told to have a PSA blood test which came back at 52 (it should be in the 5/6 region for someone of my age). The doctor who gave me the result told me he was very surprised that I was told to take a PSA when I was taking anti biotics for an infection because these were two factors which tended to increase the result, but the research I carried out showed that although this was true, any resulting increase tended to be much less than was indicated for me. Also, the advice given on the NHS Choices website said that anyone who had been treated with anti biotics for a UTI should wait at least six weeks after the treatment has finished before having their prostate tested again.

So. I've spent most of the summer fairly convinced I had prostate cancer, only to learn this morning that my reading had returned to normal and the doctor was happy for me to revert to my once every six months testing.

I thought it would be a good idea to put this story on this thread, not so much to inform you of my good news, but more to use my story as an example that a (very) high PSA result need not necessarily mean cancer if someone is concerned about their prostate.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Back in June I went to the Doctors with symptoms similar to what I was getting with my prostate scare four years ago when I was given the all clear after a biopsy, but, because of my higher than normal PSA readings (I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate as part of the investigation in 2014), I should have it tested every six months.

I was pissing blood back in June and they confirmed I had a urinary tract infection and put me on anti biotics, but I was also told to have a PSA blood test which came back at 52 (it should be in the 5/6 region for someone of my age). The doctor who gave me the result told me he was very surprised that I was told to take a PSA when I was taking anti biotics for an infection because these were two factors which tended to increase the result, but the research I carried out showed that although this was true, any resulting increase tended to be much less than was indicated for me. Also, the advice given on the NHS Choices website said that anyone who had been treated with anti biotics for a UTI should wait at least six weeks after the treatment has finished before having their prostate tested again.

So. I've spent most of the summer fairly convinced I had prostate cancer, only to learn this morning that my reading had returned to normal and the doctor was happy for me to revert to my once every six months testing.

I thought it would be a good idea to put this story on this thread, not so much to inform you of my good news, but more to use my story as an example that a (very) high PSA result need not necessarily mean cancer if someone is concerned about their prostate.
    Just a caveat Bob. Anyone with an unusually high psa MUST make sure it's followed up. My experience, and I am being monitored for the prostate cancer that was diagnosed several years ago, is that a high reading, particularly one that has happened suddenly is a danger sign.
    Pps it is not advisable to have sex the day before a psa blood test as that can put the readings up. You have been warned!

Great news bob. Isn't it strange that if we were all put in a room together and asked to talk about issues that affect us, then there'd be a crush at the door while people escaped, in fact, as men, we struggle to talk to the people who are closest to us, yet this place has been a pillar of support for so many over the years. People talking about depression, alcohol and substance abuse, relationship problems, even suicidal thoughts, and the support from others on here has been tremendous, it's also allowed others to open up and share their experiences. They say that football forums are on the slide, probably true, and probably used by fast approaching or already there, middle aged blokes like me. The benefits to these type of sites are massive, we talk a whole load of shit, squabble like kids, but when someone needs a bit of help and support, whether it's to do with mental health or fitting skirting board the response is tremendous. Football is more than just a game, it can be a life saver

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Great news bob. Isn't it strange that if we were all put in a room together and asked to talk about issues that affect us, then there'd be a crush at the door while people escaped, in fact, as men, we struggle to talk to the people who are closest to us, yet this place has been a pillar of support for so many over the years. People talking about depression, alcohol and substance abuse, relationship problems, even suicidal thoughts, and the support from others on here has been tremendous, it's also allowed others to open up and share their experiences. They say that football forums are on the slide, probably true, and probably used by fast approaching or already there, middle aged blokes like me. The benefits to these type of sites are massive, we talk a whole load of shit, squabble like kids, but when someone needs a bit of help and support, whether it's to do with mental health or fitting skirting board the response is tremendous. Football is more than just a game, it can be a life saver
    Great post, 100% concur with everything you say.

Great news.
    Hopefully, I'll be posting something similar in November.
    Following on from this-

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...1-One-in-eight

I'll be having a blood test late Oct, and Velindre will be phoning me the result in November (they're pretty confident that it will be clear, so don't even need me to go there for the result.) They expect to discharge me.

I'll then be monitored by my GP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Totally true. When someone is in need, it brings out the best of the other posters and they can receive more help than they could ever have expected. It's something we can all be proud of.

Congratulations. Good luck.

Great news the last couple of months must’ve been terrible

I knew something had changed as you'd become much more opinionated about things recently - I'd just put it down to the move up the Valleys! Glad to hear you've been given good news - it's like having your life back...