Whittingham's replacement

Re: Whittingham's replacement

Big kid who can kick the ball hard scores against rubbish goalkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Big kid who can kick the ball hard scores against rubbish goalkeepers
    We're getting Jon Parkin back???

We cant replace players like whitts we havent got the finances or the attraction as a club. We will get players in who will take up his role but we wont find a like for like there arent many like whitts

I'd rather this kid

https://youtu.be/CeDuHKp3cmE

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd rather this kid

https://youtu.be/CeDuHKp3cmE
    Reminds me of me as a kid...I had brown curtains and olive skin too.

Quality though.Brilliant balance.

I think you're back on the sniff mate

On a serious note, I'm not sure it's a good thing for kids at this age to have so much publicity, especially this kid and the kid Dembele at Celtic.

I think Barca will know how to handle Xavi Symonds as they are used to dealing with child starlets but other clubs may break them before their careers have even begun.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I think you're back on the sniff mate

On a serious note, I'm not sure it's a good thing for kids at this age to have so much publicity, especially this kid and the kid Dembele at Celtic.

I think Barca will know how to handle Xavi Symonds as they are used to dealing with child starlets but other clubs may break them before their careers have even begun.
    Im all for letting kids be kids mate. I think proffesional clubs picks these kids up at too young an age.

Didnt Real Madrid just pay something like 38m for a 16 year old?

I read something on **** earlier where a Spanish side sacked an under 11's coach for letting his team win 25-0

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    We cant replace players like whitts we havent got the finances or the attraction as a club. We will get players in who will take up his role but we wont find a like for like there arent many like whitts
    That would have been true a few seasons ago. The fact that Whitts has had to drop down a division says a lot, unfortunately. That's either where he's been guaranteed most football or highest wages, most likely more to do with the former if Warnock's comments are correct.

Legend in his day, will be missed but he's not good enough to be a Championship regular sadly.

I would like the 2001 Graham Kavanagh please