+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need a new laptop

Re: Need a new laptop

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe even at HD
    Or possibly even at "backed up". I'm sure everything was fine through "Have you".

dont buy hp or lenovo.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    dont buy hp or lenovo.
    Why? (let's pretend I don't already know)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    You can set up a monthly payment for iTunes match, I think mine is $1.99 a month. You never have to bother with CDs again. Once I imported mine. I just threw them all away. I can access all of my 16,000+ songs from any device.

If you can get your old computer to work long enough to upload your songs, you won't have to do anything on your new computer except sign in to iTunes. Or any subsequent computer or device you own. How much is your time worth? It's got to be worth $24 a YEAR to never have to **** around with CDs again. Plus, your songs are matched with clean files, so no skips or clicks either.
    Maybe I'm old fashioned but I like the fact that I've got physical copies of my stuff. Don't get me wrong, the iPod is great but I've spent years getting hold of complete collections of loads of different bands. Also I've got into loads of stuff from picking up random cd's dirt cheap at boot sales.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I think you probably lost him at USB
    Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe even at HD
    Here we go.....

Or possibly even at "backed up". I'm sure everything was fine through "Have you".
    And so it begins....

Bunch of bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Why? (let's pretend I don't already know)
    hp are shite quality unles you can afford one of there business models. i bought a lenovo for my mum lately and the wifi adapter in it is duff. common fault so it seems.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    hp are shite quality unles you can afford one of there business models. i bought a lenovo for my mum lately and the wifi adapter in it is duff. common fault so it seems.
    I've got an HP 655, the keyboard is poxy, the power lead is on the same side as I use my mouse so it gets in the way, it's riddled with something since those windows updates so now lives on safe mode with networking because I just cba with it anymore, apart from that it's great not a patch on the Compaq one I had.

You can set up a monthly payment for iTunes match, I think mine is $1.99 a month. You never have to bother with CDs again. Once I imported mine. I just threw them all away. I can access all of my 16,000+ songs from any device.

If you can get your old computer to work long enough to upload your songs, you won't have to do anything on your new computer except sign in to iTunes. Or any subsequent computer or device you own. How much is your time worth? It's got to be worth $24 a YEAR to never have to **** around with CDs again. Plus, your songs are matched with clean files, so no skips or clicks either.
    i use itunes match. ace. all my music is digital now. i recycled all my cd's (after the kids took what they wanted)

full library on my phome and desktop, cloud access to all my stuff on the ipad and laptop. with all my data in dropbox and emails in gmail i'm a cloud whore

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    i use itunes match. ace. all my music is digital now. i recycled all my cd's (after the kids took what they wanted)

full library on my phone and desktop, cloud access to all my stuff on the ipad and laptop. with all my data in dropbox and emails in gmail i'm a cloud whore

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Finally decided that my years old laptop needs to feck off to the tip.

Looking for a new one so where better to ask than this place?

All I need is a basic model that won't cost too much and will do what I need - mainly sticking my cd's onto iTunes, printing off stuff from word etc. and the odd spreadsheet thingy for my missus' work stuff. Most of the time I use my iPad so it's not going to get a lot of heavy use, downloading, large documents etc.

Any recommendations?

P.s one other thing, I've got loads of cd's on my old laptop on iTunes. Will I have to put them all on the new one or can I just log on to iTunes and access them all from a new device?

Cheers very much good people.
    Acer Aspire 15.6 Inch Ci3 8GB 256GB SSD Laptop - Black (6746416)

Ok, after hours of looking at reviews online I decided to go for an ASUS something or other.

It's got a thing for cd's, it cost £250 quid online (320-350 everywhere else) and most importantly it's blue.

Next question, how do I get windows office for free?

Banned

Nobody cares

Have a sniff around on Gumtree, I've picked up a few bargains on there for virtually new machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Have a sniff around on Gumtree, I've picked up a few bargains on there for virtually new machines.
    Not much point when I've already bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Nobody cares
    Your mother did when she was sucking my hairy nutsack last night.

Blog Entries

Nobody cares
    You clearly do.

Nobody cares
    Says the 39th post on the thread.

Ok, after hours of looking at reviews online I decided to go for an ASUS something or other.

It's got a thing for cd's, it cost £250 quid online (320-350 everywhere else) and most importantly it's blue.

Next question, how do I get windows office for free?
    That's great. But did you get iTunes Match?

That's great. But did you get iTunes Match?
    I probably will at some point but it won't really help me now because I can't access iTunes on my old laptop any more.

I'll be manually putting all my cd's onto my new one but after 250 odd cd's, even I'll be able to see the merit of paying for something to make it easier in future.

I probably will at some point but it won't really help me now because I can't access iTunes on my old laptop any more.

I'll be manually putting all my cd's onto my new one but after 250 odd cd's, even I'll be able to see the merit of paying for something to make it easier in future.
    after you have put them on your PC, back them up on a external hard disk or largish USB stick

then you will always have them safe

International

I have a lenovo, I'm using it now. It is a solid state with touch screen and I never have a problem with it. The only annoying thing is because it is so thin I have to use and external disc drive to watch the movies I buy.

Which brings me to my second point, mostly fr Dr Lecter: As you may know I live in Baku. I buy all my videos, all the series here in English for a fiver a disc, and every tenth one free. I have all the latest series including black list 5 /homeland 6, the second Billionaire, Star Wars rogue, anything you want.
    The point is I bought Office Professional for a fiver too. It works perfectly and I have loaded it onto 6 different PCs for people. I gave the disc away but I am in Baku now and coming back to London today, so if you want a copy of Office I'll get it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    after you have put them on your PC, back them up on a external hard disk or largish USB stick

then you will always have them safe
    Good idea.

If I get a USB stick, I'm assuming I can put them all on there, keep it somewhere safe and then transfer them onto any new device I get in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I have a lenovo, I'm using it now. It is a solid state with touch screen and I never have a problem with it. The only annoying thing is because it is so thin I have to use and external disc drive to watch the movies I buy.

Which brings me to my second point, mostly fr Dr Lecter: As you may know I live in Baku. I buy all my videos, all the series here in English for a fiver a disc, and every tenth one free. I have all the latest series including black list 5 /homeland 6, the second Billionaire, Star Wars rogue, anything you want.
    The point is I bought Office Professional for a fiver too. It works perfectly and I have loaded it onto 6 different PCs for people. I gave the disc away but I am in Baku now and coming back to London today, so if you want a copy of Office I'll get it for you.

That would be great.

Do you want anything for it?

Edit: no idea how this stuff works, how would you send it to me - a link in an email?