+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jonny Hayes

Jonny Hayes

Signed for Celtic

Re: Jonny Hayes

Thank God for that. Didn't fancy him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Thank God for that. Didn't fancy him at all.
    Can't say I seen much of him tbh

Back to the drawing board for Warnock as he was clearly a main target

Me neither. Just seemed a lot for a player not used to our league , and 29 for a winger doesn't leave him with much room to improve.

Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Me neither. Just seemed a lot for a player not used to our league , and 29 for a winger doesn't leave him with much room to improve.

Onwards and upwards.
    30 before the season started as well.

George Boyd refused a new deal at Burnley. Give him a big signing on fee using the money we were going to use to sign Hayes.

Scrap that just read Boyd is 32 in a few months. Didn't realise he was that old.

Villa and Derby in for him too.

Yeah bit old that. I'd like to see us sign Ledley, not as a winger obviously.

As for wingers we got Kennedy , Mendez Laing , Noone, Pilkington , Harris ? , Hoilett, Patterson ? Declan John even ?

Maybe we need to sell a few before we get any in.

No basis for this and apart from McPhail to QPR rumour I made up which got in the papers for a laugh I am no way in the know -
    however I think Hayes and Danny Ward were integral to Warnocks plans next season. Both work like Trojans and Hayes is a lot more prolific than Harris or Hoillet as is Ward - I think he wanted the two of them playing off Zohore whilst Ward can fill in as a No9 when Ken is injured or knackered. The midfield would then be set up with 2 destroyers to get the ball to the Fun Boy 3 up front supported by 2 wing backs who will be expected to get up and down constantly (Patterson and Richards). Hayes not coming is a blow - Ward is an absolute necessity now which hopefully will be announced soon. He needs to find another Hayes now as Harris is not good enough to fill this role

Will Buckley? Did well at Brighton in this league a few years back.

Blue in the Face

Exclusive: Cardiff make cheeky offer for Celtic winger

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusi...-celtic-winger

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Exclusive: Cardiff make cheeky offer for Celtic winger

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusi...-celtic-winger
    Great signing, you've got to admire Colin's persistence and ability to get these deals over the line.

He made his choice and I doubt he'd hack it in the Championship anyway. We definetly dodged a bullet there you've got to admire Colin's ability to pick us up a free like Mendez Laing which saved us a cool £1m on Hayes.

I'll edit later as appropriate

I would have rathered a loan move for Roberts, really surprised that man city don't want him playing at a higher level, although I suppose he will get 6 champions league games in addition to the succession of pub teams

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would have rathered a loan move for Roberts, really surprised that man city don't want him playing at a higher level, although I suppose he will get 6 champions league games in addition to the succession of pub teams
    Roberts would never come here. He's playing for a massive club at Celtic, so even if the standard isn't great, the expectation levels are huge. I'm surprised he didn't go to Nice though.

I don't get this at all. He doesn't look anything special and we have surplus to demand in high quality wingers.

What happens when Harris comes back? Kennedy looks very useful too!