Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
Lots of clichés.

Youngsters think old people are wrong and show them disrespect. Older people think youngsters are wrong and show them disrespect (as you have proved in this thread). Am I missing something, hasn't this always been the case?

I know lots of old people whose views I respect (some I disagree with) and a few whose views I don't respect.

You think the victim of the last few years is old people? Not disabled people being subjected to disgusting assessments? Not people subjected to racial hatred after the referendum? Not people whose lives become harder and harder as wages stall while the state pension rises? Oh wait the youngsters only hard time is when their phone runs out of battery right? Speak when your spoken to.
I didn't say that young people are not entitled to an opinion, just that old people are entitled to one too, everyone has a right to an opinion if I like the opinion or not.

Is this about finding the biggest victim or are we talking about old people?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
If I was talking about old people in general terms you'd be right to say what you did, but I wasn't - it was hardly as if I was advocating euthanasia for anyone reaching seventy five. What I was saying was that when it comes to politics, I've found that the selfish bigot quota is higher in older people than it is in younger ones.

I don't like using this term, but you have taken a portion of what I said and in doing so removed it from the context it was posted in. Also, yes I do try to avoid talking politics with some of the senior citizens I know and one of the reasons for that is that I don't like what they have to say on the subject, but, just as important in most instances, is that I don't want to fall out with someone that I regard as a friend.
Sorry, I kept the bits I was talking about just so I didn't forget what I was trying to say, I wasn't trying to make it look out of context.

You said "but there is another fear that eats away at me and that is that the day is getting ever closer when I go to sleep one night and find that I've turned into a selfish bigot when I wake up the following morning." How is that possible if you are not suggesting that being a selfish bigot comes with old age?

I can also see that you would not want to fall out with people but that also suggests that you think they are all wrong anyway, my dad has many views that I don't agree with but I will never stop talking to him about it.