+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bruno Manga close to new contract?

Bruno Manga close to new contract?

The press reports on Kadeem Harris' contract also say the club is much more optimistic of re-signing Bruno Manga:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-deal-13195333

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...r-bruno-manga/

Now the Bluebirds will turn their attentions to centre-back Manga who could walk away from South Wales if he fails to agree a new deal.

The £4m signing from French outfit Lorient had seemed set to quit Cardiff with Turkish outfit Galatasaray leading the hunt for his services.

And Warnock had all but given up on retaining the 28-year-old at one stage, admitting his fears that his agent was pushing for a move after failing to attend one meeting.

But the veteran boss then admitted he had hope of persuading Manga to remain – despite the high-earner having to take a pay cut to stay in South Wales with the club keen on bringing the wage bill down.

Talks had been on hold until Manga’s appearance in World Cup qualifiers for his native Gabon, but those talks have seen hope of a breakthrough in the bid to keep hold of the star centre-back.

Choo, Cardiff’s CEO and executive director, said: “We are still in discussions. But I think it could be a matter of time before we get there. We are working on it. The latest conversation is that he would love to remain here and I don't think he is interested in going anywhere else. He knows what we are planning here.”

Re: Bruno Manga close to new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The press reports on Kadeem Harris' contract also say the club is much more optimistic of re-signing Bruno Manga:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-deal-13195333

http://www.insidewelshfootball.co.uk...r-bruno-manga/

Now the Bluebirds will turn their attentions to centre-back Manga who could walk away from South Wales if he fails to agree a new deal.

The £4m signing from French outfit Lorient had seemed set to quit Cardiff with Turkish outfit Galatasaray leading the hunt for his services.

And Warnock had all but given up on retaining the 28-year-old at one stage, admitting his fears that his agent was pushing for a move after failing to attend one meeting.

But the veteran boss then admitted he had hope of persuading Manga to remain – despite the high-earner having to take a pay cut to stay in South Wales with the club keen on bringing the wage bill down.

Talks had been on hold until Manga’s appearance in World Cup qualifiers for his native Gabon, but those talks have seen hope of a breakthrough in the bid to keep hold of the star centre-back.

Choo, Cardiff’s CEO and executive director, said: “We are still in discussions. But I think it could be a matter of time before we get there. We are working on it. The latest conversation is that he would love to remain here and I don't think he is interested in going anywhere else. He knows what we are planning here.”

If this happens it will have been a good couple of weeks for us. Seemed like Manga and Harris were set to leave and I think there were also expectations that Ken may have been sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    If this happens it will have been a good couple of weeks for us. Seemed like Manga and Harris were set to leave and I think there were also expectations that Ken may have been sought after.
    Could it be that no one was interested in Harris, Manga apparently couldn't agree terms with Turkish Club his agent was in talks with.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Could it be that no one was interested in Harris, Manga apparently couldn't agree terms with Turkish Club his agent was in talks with.

Does it really matter what the reasoning was behind any of it. Fact is that we will have secured the services of 3 decent players.

Pleased that Harris has renewed his contract - Wales Online are saying "The winger is understood to have had several offers on the table" and I reckon that's probably true.

As for Manga, if he signs a new deal for us, I wouldn't swap our central defenders for any other clubs in the Championship. This time last year there was optimistic talk from many (myself included) about us playing three at the back and we all know how badly that turned out, but a back three of Manga and Morrison with Bamba in there to organise things looks very strong to me - especially with Connolly, Peltier and Halford to fill in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Pleased that Harris has renewed his contract - Wales Online are saying "The winger is understood to have had several offers on the table" and I reckon that's probably true.

As for Manga, if he signs a new deal for us, I wouldn't swap our central defenders for any other clubs in the Championship. This time last year there was optimistic talk from many (myself included) about us playing three at the back and we all know how badly that turned out, but a back three of Manga and Morrison with Bamba in there to organise things looks very strong to me - especially with Connolly, Peltier and Halford to fill in as well.
    It would definitely work well with Bennett and Paterson as wing backs now too (I don't see either as a classic full back)- with jazz to cover.

All I hope is that we have the same Bamba that was so impressive last season

I had hoped that this story was around the corner. Seemed a bit odd when the interest from Galatasaray drew on longer and longer without any answer, and he's never come out wanting away. He can be absolutely way above anything in the division at his best, and better than any defender we had while we were in the Premier League. Costly, but worth it. Would be a big shot in the arm to tie his future down.

[QUOTE=gabbsthenewt;4751546]I had hoped that this story was around the corner. Seemed a bit odd when the interest from Galatasaray drew on longer and longer without any answer, and he's never come out wanting away. He can be absolutely way above anything in the division at his best, and better than any defender we had while we were in the Premier League. Costly, but worth it. Would be a big shot in the arm to tie his future down.[/QUOT

There is nothing odd about the stories of manga joining any club from turkey to timbucktoo. Its not like we havent heard it all before year after year?
    The truth is no one appears to want him and hes run out of time and his salary with us ends at the end of June.
    So ........... what does he do?

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    There is nothing odd about the stories of manga joining any club from turkey to timbucktoo. Its not like we havent heard it all before year after year?
    The truth is no one appears to want him and hes run out of time and his salary with us ends at the end of June.
    So ........... what does he do?
    Move out of his Cardiff Bay apartment and move in with you until he gets sorted?
    You are his biggest fan after all. Help a brother out!

You have to give Warnock credit for keeping Harris, Hoillet and maybe Manga.

When have we ever seen a situation at our club where an out of contract player opts to stay?

This speaks volumes of Warnock's management and also the improving feel good factor at the club at present.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You have to give Warnock credit for keeping Harris, Hoillet and maybe Manga.

When have we ever seen a situation at our club where an out of contract player opts to stay?

This speaks volumes of Warnock's management and also the improving feel good factor at the club at present.
    Think you're over playing his importance in the matter mate.
    All 3 were hardly in demand and as he says himself most players play for the money so obviously we are the best deal.

Except Whitts of course

Personally I think he's a dinosaur and a more likeable Russell Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Think you're over playing his importance in the matter mate.
    All 3 were hardly in demand and as he says himself most players play for the money so obviously we are the best deal.

Except Whitts of course

Personally I think he's a dinosaur and a more likeable Russell Slade.

I disagree mate. You know as well as i do that there are people in the game in the mould of Slade who would definitely offer people like Harris and Manga better terms and a big signing on fee just on the basis that they are free and have played a number of games in the championship with decent stats.

I was sceptical when Warnock was appointed but having watch all the games since he has come in i have quite enjoyed his brand of football (one or two games besides).

We are generally on the front foot and he has already addressed the alarming lack of pace in our team which has been missing since the Routledge loan days without spending a penny.

We were an absolute car crash under Trollope and there is no doubt in my mind that we would have been relegated but we looked capable of competing in most games under Warnock and with a bit more quality I'm really optimistic about this season.

I also think it's a positive that we're in a unique position with Warnock in that he doesn't feel threatened with what is happening behind him at the club.

The academy is able to prosper which is close to my heart and we are effectively nurturing two visions at the club, one short term and one long term.

I don't expect to see any improvement to this year tbh mate.
    He's a Mick McCarthy as far as I'm concerned. An 8th to 16th, not much in it, manager.

He's a Mick McCarthy as far as I'm concerned. An 8th to 16th, not much in it, manager.
    Warnock is streets ahead of McCarthy

"An 8th to 16th, not much in it, manager." with seven promotions?

Word from the club was that Harris had quite a few offers to choose from.

Anyone who watched us last year or Warnock's teams at QPR and Palace would see he's streets ahead of McCarthy.

That QPR team wasn't genuinely one of the most entertaining championship sides I've seen

"An 8th to 16th, not much in it, manager." with seven promotions?

Word from the club was that Harris had quite a few offers to choose from.
    Yep and most of those promotions in a bye gone era.

In the last 20 years they've both been promoted from the Championship twice. Mick winning 2 championships. Warnock 1. Only Mick has managed to keep a team up in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Anyone who watched us last year or Warnock's teams at QPR and Palace would see he's streets ahead of McCarthy.

That QPR team wasn't genuinely one of the most entertaining championship sides I've seen
    There's 20 or so teams every season that are not genuinely entertaining Championship sides? What's your point?!?

There's 20 or so teams every season that are not genuinely entertaining Championship sides? What's your point?!?
    That Warnock isn't a dinosaur at all

This should be good

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That Warnock isn't a dinosaur at all
    So what you're saying is he's not a dinosaur but his teams don't play entertaining football?