Thread: Our new kit :yikes:

Re: Our new kit :yikes:

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post

will you take requests?

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Feck's sake "they are the worst kits ive ever seen"

Really?
    There's people getting upset by the "Black" stripes that don't even exist.

My God, we are all aware that Vinny is a nasty pasty who has fewer redeeming qualities than any Bond villain but that shirt represents a whole new level of ghastliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    My God, we are all aware that Vinny is a nasty pasty who has fewer redeeming qualities than any Bond villain but that shirt represents a whole new level of ghastliness.
    So is that a 'yes' or a 'no'?

It should say VISIT CARDIFF

New season City shirts for £3.14.

https://www.clothes2order.com/T-Shir...gPcaAi-c8P8HAQ

Click on Royal Blue and away you go. If you want a logo and an advert on the front, well it will cost you considerably more!

They're about as original as the jokes in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    New season City shirts for £3.14.

https://www.clothes2order.com/T-Shir...gPcaAi-c8P8HAQ

Click on Royal Blue and away you go. If you want a logo and an advert on the front, well it will cost you considerably more!
    In the mid 90s there was an option to buy a cotton t-shirt version of the home shirt (but in black). It had the badge and Strika logo and sponsor and I got one cos I couldn't afford the main shirt. I don't know if it didn't sell much or it hit sales of the more expensive choice but I thought it was a decent idea. Our current sponsor logo might also be easier to scrape off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    In the mid 90s there was an option to buy a cotton t-shirt version of the home shirt (but in black). It had the badge and Strika logo and sponsor and I got one cos I couldn't afford the main shirt. I don't know if it didn't sell much or it hit sales of the more expensive choice but I thought it was a decent idea. Our current sponsor logo might also be easier to scrape off too.
    I had one of those too, nice Christmas present.

How much is the sponsorship deal worth?

Best sponsor possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I had one of those too, nice Christmas present.

How much is the sponsorship deal worth?
    Good question. This is the 7th year we'll have Malaysia on the shirt and I'm not sure if the financial benefit has ever been pinned down. There was a figure of £3M reported in 2013 but that was also suggested as too high. It all seems to have ceased being an issue.

Good question. This is the 7th year we'll have Malaysia on the shirt and I'm not sure if the financial benefit has ever been pinned down. There was a figure of £3M reported in 2013 but that was also suggested as too high. It all seems to have ceased being an issue.
    Someone mentioned on the other board but maybe we're not longer sponsored by the Malaysia tourist board, and the words on the Shirt are now just a request from Tan to visit his homeland, so you can spend money in his shops?

Have Bluebirds Unite released a statement yet?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Someone mentioned on the other board but maybe we're not longer sponsored by the Malaysia tourist board, and the words on the Shirt are now just a request from Tan to visit his homeland, so you can spend money in his shops?
    Well if it was on the other board it MUST be true

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Have Bluebirds Unite released a statement yet?
    Yes.

I also wonder how much Tan's companies pay to advertise around the ground and in the program? I doubt that it earns his companies much money.

They have not spent months working on this. My impression is that the sponsor logo is too high up (think wolves also suffered with this last year) so club badge is pushed up towards the collar bone. There isn't really a way you can get excited about it; all you can say is that it's blue - thank goodness.

At least it will help ship last year's kit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    What's melange ffs?

I thought 52% voted to get away from all that nonsense
    As it applies to all three kits it could be described as a melange a trois.

FFS the home shirt is a blue Adidas kit.

Theres 5 stickies on the other site . With the usual negative facebook stuff.

Theres always moaning and attacks. Previously it was they look like Chelsea after going back to blue , wheres the white shorts etc , etc.

Looks cheap apparently??? - FFS its Adidas not a Matalan kit.

Ive never looked at a shirt and thought wow the advertising looks great. Just got to put up with it. Dont see anything wrong with the blue kit.

What's the matter with those who complain? The kit is blue, not red so FFS stop moaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    FFS the home shirt is a blue Adidas kit.

Theres 5 stickies on the other site . With the usual negative facebook stuff.

Theres always moaning and attacks. Previously it was they look like Chelsea after going back to blue , wheres the white shorts etc , etc.

Looks cheap apparently??? - FFS its Adidas not a Matalan kit.

Ive never looked at a shirt and thought wow the advertising looks great. Just got to put up with it. Dont see anything wrong with the blue kit.
    So you'd happily pay £40+ for a T-shirt because it's got the name Adidas on it! And then have to buy a different one next year because it will have a different configuration of the same text on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    As it applies to all three kits it could be described as a melange a trois.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    What's the matter with those who complain? The kit is blue, not red so FFS stop moaning.
    It's come to something when we judge a home kit acceptable because it's in our colours. People have a right to say it's shit, just as you have a right to say it's great. Some people simply struggle with an opinion that doesn't match their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It's come to something when we judge a home kit acceptable because it's in our colours. People have a right to say it's shit, just as you have a right to say it's great. Some people simply struggle with an opinion that doesn't match their own.
    And I have the right to say that anyone who pays £40+ for a blue T-shirt (which probably costs about £3 to produce) and is basically a walking advertisement for a sportswear company must have more money than sense (as my grandmother used to say).

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    And I have the right to say that anyone who pays £40+ for a blue T-shirt (which probably costs about £3 to produce) and is basically a walking advertisement for a sportswear company must have more money than sense (as my grandmother used to say).
    My grandmother used to say 'Don't pick your nose, have a biscuit.'