+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Warnock and his team building

Warnock and his team building

It is noticeable how he is,gathering together a squad without spending much money. Paterson is the only one to have cost and that is only around £400k. Thus probably gives him leeway to spend a bit more on Manga's contract and have something left over for a striker and winger, both of whom are likely to cost. Of course if Noone goes,as expected and possibly Pilks there may be even more in the kitty.
    I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks when hopefully all will he revealed. I think Warnock is a manager who works best with a tight budget.

Re: Warnock and his team building

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    It is noticeable how he is,gathering together a squad without spending much money. Paterson is the only one to have cost and that is only around £400k. Thus probably gives him leeway to spend a bit more on Manga's contract and have something left over for a striker and winger, both of whom are likely to cost. Of course if Noone goes,as expected and possibly Pilks there may be even more in the kitty.
    I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks when hopefully all will he revealed. I think Warnock is a manager who works best with a tight budget.
    I think your last sentence is spot on and that's just as well.
    We should be stronger next season based on what we've seen already but all things being equal will still fall short.

Banned

Surely his priority should be a quality midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Surely his priority should be a quality midfielder.
    He might have forgotten about or just completely disregarded the midfield. Maybe you should call him.

Dont be surprised if Morrison goes, last year of his contract and already £4m bid made by Sheffield Wednesday which could buy 2 more players

Tight budget? He has £6m to spend! And that's without selling anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Dont be surprised if Morrison goes, last year of his contract and already £4m bid made by Sheffield Wednesday which could buy 2 more players
    It would make sense to sell now. Defenders can be replaced cheaply by any decent manager.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He might have forgotten about or just completely disregarded the midfield. Maybe you should call him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Tight budget? He has £6m to spend! And that's without selling anyone.
    Does he? I've seen such a figure mentioned, but what proof is there of this? Anyway, even if he does have that much, does that figure include wages, signing on fees, agent's fees etc or is it just for transfer fees?

Tight budget leading to reduced expectations and acceptance of negative football?

You need a squad to compete and I think that's what we're building first before adding the match-day players.