+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reforms to the game

Re: Reforms to the game

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Plus there's equality issues. I don't know amy straight person, male or female, who plays hockey.
    The only rule I think that makes sense is to take the time keeping off the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    That doesn't make sense either. What problem does this rule change fix?
    The suggested unfair advantage of having the ball at your feet with no-one marking you and the goalie on the ground, after he/she saved the initial pelanty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    The suggested unfair advantage of having the ball at your feet with no-one marking you and the goalie on the ground, after he/she saved the initial pelanty.
    Hardly an unfair advantage when you consider what the vast majority of pelanties are penalising.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Thanks. I think your suggestion is a decent compromise. Players aren't allowed to have two goes at it in a shoot-out so the precedent is already there.

Plus there's equality issues. I don't know amy straight person, male or female, who plays hockey.
    My lad has 36 caps for Wales and doesn't know any gay players at all, not that it would bother him in the slightest if he did. He knows two umpires that are and is aware of it in the women's game, of course, but I'm assuming you don't know that many hockey players.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks. I think your suggestion is a decent compromise. Players aren't allowed to have two goes at it in a shoot-out so the precedent is already there.
    You cannot compare a penalty given for a foul in the box (usually denying a goal scoring opportunity) with a penalty shootout that is used to decide a level game.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    My lad has 36 caps for Wales and doesn't know any gay players at all, not that it would bother him in the slightest if he did. He knows two umpires that are and is aware of it in the women's game, of course, but I'm assuming you don't know that many hockey players.
    I know several hockey players, both sexes, and all gay.
    In fact one of the female ones a good friend of Mrs Hartleys, once propositioned my missus (a good friend) for an orgy but Mrs Hartley sadly declined much to my disappointment. Of course that was on the understanding she didn't bring her best friend, and "male" hockey player, Marcus.

I know several hockey players, both sexes, and all gay.
    In fact one of the female ones a good friend of Mrs Hartleys, once propositioned my missus (a good friend) for an orgy but Mrs Hartley sadly declined much to my disappointment. Of course that was on the understanding she didn't bring her best friend, and "male" hockey player, Marcus.
    I'm confused, sorry, I think you've put the words in the wrong order.

Mind you - look at how popular hockey is. Can't move for it on TV these days.
    Not the point I was making really. There's an article here on the influence that hockey has had on football, particularly in Holland. Coaches have been prepared to look at the game and take ideas from it, no harm in administrators doing the same. I don't think they'll make drastic changes any time soon but I'm not worried if football wants to evolve over time, most sports do.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Field-Hoc...s-Field-Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Load of shite
    Succinctly and accurately, put .

Ere's something... why not change the shape of the penalty box, to a circle of sorts that closes closer to the goals.
    Reason for this? Well, I think it's unfair a pen can be given when a foul has been committed so far away from goals, such as down in the corner of the current box. This position clearly isn't a 'clear goal scoring' position, so why should a pen be given ??

Football is the world's most popular spectator sport, it is a multi-billion dollar industry. It's stars are as famous as politicians worldwide. So, yes, the game is completely broke and needs complete fixing. FFS.

If the game becomes 60 minutes long, with a stopped clock whenever the ball goes out of play, it will be impossible to have matches that start at the same time to finish at the same time.

The other law changes are not worth discussing because they are purely ridiculous.
    Fair point about matches finishing at roughly the same time. Timewasting can be dealt with in other ways, less drastic than this.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Fair point about matches finishing at roughly the same time. Timewasting can be dealt with in other ways, less drastic than this.
    Timewasting can be dealt with NOW. It only needs refs to apply the current laws in a consistent manner.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Timewasting can be dealt with NOW. It only needs refs to apply the current laws in a consistent manner.
    Exactly. Although taking the responsibility of time management from the referee and passing it to the 4th official could be one small change that is necessary.