+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Van hits worshippers leaving mosque...

Re: Van hits worshippers leaving mosque...

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Did the someone you know say he lived in Pentwyn.?Unsubstantiated throw away comments like 'from the Rhondda' add so much to the truth!!!!!!!!
    I said I can't guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    And to your second point - yes you certainly can. I remember the "troubles" in N.I.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Are you asking if you can retaliate to someone retaliating? ��
    but at what point does the attacks stop being retaliation ? ?? and become something else

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Most of us are.

Just like most muslims are.

Unfortunately the small minority of arseholes get the most publicity.

Also, people think that hiding behind Facebook and twitter allows them the safety to talk bollox.
    As the old saying goes -

"Empty vessels make the most noise"

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    but at what point does the attacks stop being retaliation ? ?? and become something else
    I don't think you know what retaliation means

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You said killed. You may wish to familiarise with the rules pertaining to sub judice.
    You're a callous c u n t.

Quote Originally Posted by Freitag 4.17 View Post
    You're a callous c u n t.
    I used to enjoy Organ's descriptions of his encounters with sludge. Back when they used to be funny anyway.
    But lately I've noticed his posts have become more and more unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Come on that second quote is definitely funny. Yes the act was horrendous but if you don't find that quote funny because it's so out of place you must be desperate to be offended.
    There's a school of thought that we should be mocking the idiots who commit these heinous crimes more.

Too often they are presented as criminal masterminds or figures of hate, which when viewed by someone with a different viewpoint becomes a heroic figure.

In reality most of these terrorists are tragic idiots, who end up ruining their own lives and their families as well as their victims.

They are idiots, losers, and we should be calling them that.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    It is easy to understand why.

Islamic attacks are far more common around the world.
    In the UK, white supremacist attacks are prevented by police more often than Isis attacks.

Let's be honest, the reason there is more hatred towards Muslims than there was towards Catholics when the IRA were bombing us left right and centre is racism. Pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How can someone be racist against a Muslim / Christians ?, are they defined as a 'race' ? , I would have thought 'Religionist' or 'Religionism' would be the term needed.

The man who did this - was he radicalised by someone - or has he had some sort of break down etc.
    I am presuming teh latter especially as MI5 didn't know him.

Contrast this to people who are on the radar, that have come back from fighting Jihad and are being monitored.

Both outcomes are the same, but I would be a lot more worried about premeditated / organised radicalisation - as this will be far harder to beat.
    How would you explain why there's more hatred towards Muslims than Catholics other than skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Un****ing believable.....
    When I heard City fans shouting racist abuse for the first time I felt shocked.

When I heard the Brexit vote come through and the vote from Wales specifically I felt gutted.

When you hear that someone has attacked innocent people and that he is potentially from the valleys and that it's going to make world news I despaired.

I am slightly relieved that the guy turned out to be from elsewhere but I still feel our name has been dragged through the dirt, which is a shame.

I also believe these feelings are echoed among Muslims when their community is made out to be small-minded, violent and prejudiced as a result of the actions of a minority.

Who wants to be associated with these kinds of ****-wits after all.

Why does it matter if it's the dictionary definiton of racism? It's an attack based on prejudice so there's no difference anyway.

Presume he had some sort of breakdown because he's white. Whatever you think the far right papers would have helped with radicalise him even if a breakdown was the driving factor he still needed to be pushed in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    How can someone be racist against a Muslim / Christians ?, are they defined as a 'race' ? , I would have thought 'Religionist' or 'Religionism' would be the term needed.

The man who did this - was he radicalised by someone - or has he had some sort of break down etc.
    I am presuming teh latter especially as MI5 didn't know him.

Contrast this to people who are on the radar, that have come back from fighting Jihad and are being monitored.

Both outcomes are the same, but I would be a lot more worried about premeditated / organised radicalisation - as this will be far harder to beat.
    Tommy Robinson,Farage,Katie Hopkins.
    All hate preachers in their own way, add in the Mail and the Sun and you have a nice melting pot of hate being spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    How would you explain why there's more hatred towards Muslims than Catholics other than skin colour?
    There isn't. If there was, there would have been more incidents like yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    There isn't. If there was, there would have been more incidents like yesterday.
    Hatred can be expressed in different and less extreme ways.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Hatred can be expressed in different and less extreme ways.
    Are you or Eric telling me that there is a hatred of Muslims in this country? There simply isn't. There have always been far right groups in Britain, but they have always been a very small voice.
    We are an an extremely tolerant nation, and the vast majority of white/Christian people here realise that painting all muslims with the same brush is just plain daft.

Muslims aren't universally hated full stop, of course. Most people are generally fine with other types of people.

Is there more ill feeling towards Muslims than Catholics? I think you'd have to be living under a rock to answer no.

Muslims aren't universally hated full stop, of course. Most people are generally fine with other types of people.

Is there more ill feeling towards Muslims than Catholics? I think you'd have to be living under a rock to answer no.
    Or living in Wales. Try asking your question up in Scotland.

Or living in Wales. Try asking your question up in Scotland.
    I don't know Scotland so well, perhaps you could find some Scottish newspaper front pages that are negative about Catholics and I'll find some UK ones about Muslims. We'll see which is more common.

I don't know Scotland so well, perhaps you could find some Scottish newspaper front pages that are negative about Catholics and I'll find some UK ones about Muslims. We'll see which is more common.
    What has newspaper headlines got to do with it? You don't believe in all that pish do you?
    If you do, go back to the archives and look at some of the front pages when the IRA were active in Britain.
    If you want to see real hatred, get yourself up to an old firm game.

so spin back to the 70s there was lots of hatred towards irish catholics, cause and effect, its what IS want and they are bound to get a reaction unfortunately

Quote from the BBC News website this morning (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40332616):

Online followers of the so-called Islamic State have been quick to seize on the Finsbury Park attack as proof of what they see as widespread hostility towards Muslims who live in the West. Inevitably, it will be used by recruiters and propagandists to incite further attacks - extremism breeds extremism.

Retaliation?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Quote from the BBC News website this morning (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40332616):

Online followers of the so-called Islamic State have been quick to seize on the Finsbury Park attack as proof of what they see as widespread hostility towards Muslims who live in the West. Inevitably, it will be used by recruiters and propagandists to incite further attacks - extremism breeds extremism.

Retaliation?
    the point i was making was at what point does the Retaliation on the Retaliation on the Retaliation become more

we could be on the 17th gen Retaliation

when does it become more ? ? and what is the next step ? ? War on our streets with both sides indiscriminately killing ? ? ?

What has newspaper headlines got to do with it? You don't believe in all that pish do you?
    If you do, go back to the archives and look at some of the front pages when the IRA were active in Britain.
    If you want to see real hatred, get yourself up to an old firm game.
    Headlines aren't a great barometer on their own, but far better than "people aren't regularly driving vans into groups" which seemed to be your point on the previous page.

Headlines are part of a bigger picture, we could look at social media. Far more hatred towards Muslims than Catholics on there, no question.

the point i was making was at what point does the Retaliation on the Retaliation on the Retaliation become more

we could be on the 17th gen Retaliation

when does it become more ? ? and what is the next step ? ? War on our streets with both sides indiscriminately killing ? ? ?
    I think you're grasping at needless semantics here