+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keeping upstairs cool

Re: Keeping upstairs cool

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    And when they forget to use the snow machines must be how volcano's are made. Seems like between us we have sussed it all
    Wow! Now, only need to sort out an answer to world peace and we can retire

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How on earth is the bottom of the house like a fridge compared to upstairs. It's ridiculous.

Fans are shit. It's too hot outside for the windows to make any difference.

Might resort to sleeping in the bath with some ice cubes
    Keep all windows and doors closed and curtains pulled across windows as well, Keep the heat and sun out is the trick.
    Living over here in the sun and heat but don't use aircon just the fan when needed.

I was so uncomfortably warm last night I turned down a shag and that's not something I have done often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948 View Post
    I was so uncomfortably warm last night I turned down a shag and that's not something I have done often.
    Unlike your missus.

my upstairs is cool. i got some signed rangers stuff in frames on the wals.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird since 1948

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Unlike your missus.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How on earth is the bottom of the house like a fridge compared to upstairs. It's ridiculous.

Fans are shit. It's too hot outside for the windows to make any difference.

Might resort to sleeping in the bath with some ice cubes
    Door/windows open downstairs, Open attic hatch to let "warm" air escape and circulate with a fan (or two)

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    my upstairs is cool. i got some signed rangers stuff in frames on the wals.
    Keep hold of that.

It'll do for kindling when we get a cold snap.

I was tut-tutting this thread because the way to combat the heat is by Britishness. Simply ignore and ensure one's top lip remains stiff.

Gotta hand it to Bluebird since 1948. The old bastard has been resident at Finisham Care Home since I don't know when. Not only does he stoically refuse to turn his toes up, he's still game for a knee trembler in the laundry room.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Unlike you Trump worshippers, some parts of the world do consider the environment and our children/grandchildren
    Is that why you voted for Brexit? And Theresa May.

Don't they sell box fans over there yet?

$15 keeps you cool all summer long.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/holmes-2...FYaFswodg68CDg

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Don't they sell box fans over there yet?

$15 keeps you cool all summer long.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/holmes-2...FYaFswodg68CDg
    not sure if you were originally from the UK

we dont seem to have box fans like you do in the US

we of course have desk fans, the closer to your box fans is something like this

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4250801#

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not sure if you were originally from the UK

we dont seem to have box fans like you do in the US

we of course have desk fans, the closer to your box fans is something like this

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4250801#
    I'm from Barry. I get that there's no real point in having air conditioning over there, but I'm surprised no-one has taken advantage of the market for box fans. They're so cheap, all it would take is one heatwave to make a killing. The only drawback is that they're designed to work best with sash windows, which are not as popular as they once were over there. Still, even here where the overnight low can be 25C+ during a heatwave many people survive all summer long without AC. The sound is soothing too. And masks other sounds.

I'm from Barry. I get that there's no real point in having air conditioning over there, but I'm surprised no-one has taken advantage of the market for box fans. They're so cheap, all it would take is one heatwave to make a killing. The only drawback is that they're designed to work best with sash windows, which are not as popular as they once were over there. Still, even here where the overnight low can be 25C+ during a heatwave many people survive all summer long without AC. The sound is soothing too. And masks other sounds.
    ref the sash windows, the trick with fans here is to them on the window board and close the curtains upto them ( and over the top of them ) then the fan sucks in the cooler air , like the box fan system works with sash windows

maybe 2 box fans ontop of each other ( so they can be smaller in width )

of course blinds are becoming more popular now here aswell

Such as the distinct and familiar sound of a New York pimp striking a woman of the night in the face or the muted screams of a homeless man being stabbed during a botched mugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Such as the distinct and familiar sound of a pimp striking a woman of the night in the face or the muted screams of a homeless man being stabbed during a botched mugging.
    Well he is from Barry....

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Such as the distinct and familiar sound of a New York pimp striking a woman of the night in the face or the muted screams of a homeless man being stabbed during a botched mugging.
    You been watching Big again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well he is from Barry....
    It's not that rough, not where I live anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Unlike your missus.