+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madness not to give Huws his chance....

Madness not to give Huws his chance....

I agree wholeheartedly with this ...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ngham-13213225

....the circumstances to allow Huws to express himself fully could just be coming together - new season new start, (largely) a new squad being primed for a strong showing, a manager experienced enough to know a decent player and give him responsibility. He's 23 and talented, let's hope he recognises and takes his chance.

I suspect if we'd just brought him in new this week most fans would be throwing their hats in the air.

Re: Madness not to give Huws his chance....

It's one step beyond if you ask me.

Totally agree, maybe try and sign Tom Lawrence as well as he seems to have a good understanding with Huws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Totally agree, maybe try and sign Tom Lawrence as well as he seems to have a good understanding with Huws
    You must be dreaming, Lawrence will be a PL player next year.

I have a sneaky feeling this is about the player perhaps not wanting to play for us , or he has attitude problems, or he simply wants away ,if right we are never going to get 100%, from a talented lad ,who lets be fair if what we hear has bags of talent and should fly into our side.

That 55 second video of stills of Whitts is just stunning. What a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I have a sneaky feeling this is about the player perhaps not wanting to play for us , or he has attitude problems, or he simply wants away ,if right we are never going to get 100%, from a talented lad ,who lets be fair if what we hear has bags of talent and should fly into our side.
    A definite possibility. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors because we're not ****.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I must admit this is my inclination too. I believe he made nosies about wanting to join Ipswich permanently too. Id love to see him kick on and do well, but i get the impression he's not too bothered about us and was very much a clement signing rather than a Warnock type one.

On the contrary Warnock praised his attitude and gave him props for taking a pay cut to join Ipswich on loan.

Perhaps he made noises he wants to join Ipswich permanently because hes been treated pretty shabbily here and was getting game time at Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    On the contrary Warnock praised his attitude and gave him props for taking a pay cut to join Ipswich on loan.

Perhaps he made noises he wants to join Ipswich permanently because hes been treated pretty shabbily here and was getting game time at Ipswich.
    I stand corrected, that does ring a bell about Warnock praising him. As i said, i would like to see him kick on here, think we paid a £1 million for him? sounds decent enough price in the current market.

h

Should still improve plenty at only 23. Would be happy if he stayed, but never really fitted in

With Whitts gone I think there should be a place in this squad for Huws and he should be given a chance to show what he can do.

With Whitts gone I think there should be a place in this squad for Huws and he should be given a chance to show what he can do.
    We gave him a chance and he ****ed up

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    We gave him a chance and he ****ed up
    You call 2 starts, with one of them under Warnock in a cup game that he didnt want to get out of bed for himself, giving someone a chance?

By that logic Zohore should have been bombed out of the club as well then....

You call 2 starts, with one of them under Warnock in a cup game that he didnt want to get out of bed for himself, giving someone a chance?

By that logic Zohore should have been bombed out of the club as well then....
    What I find strange is the fact that neither PT or Warnock had any real inclination of playing him. I think there's a immaturity to his game but I'm not convinced he's a Warnock type player. I thought it was a strange signing at the time, apart from the fact he was Welsh with the Wales way etc, I didn't feel he filled a particular need and nothing has really changed my mind on that. I think it's best that we get a decent fee for him and move on. Good luck to him though, he sounds like a good pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    What I find strange is the fact that neither PT or Warnock had any real inclination of playing him. I think there's a immaturity to his game but I'm not convinced he's a Warnock type player. I thought it was a strange signing at the time, apart from the fact he was Welsh with the Wales way etc, I didn't feel he filled a particular need and nothing has really changed my mind on that. I think it's best that we get a decent fee for him and move on. Good luck to him though, he sounds like a good pro.
    I saw him as the natural replacement for Whitts but as you say not really a Warnock type player so perhaps not going to get a chance here. However, I do feel he offers something different to the rest of our midfielders, none of whom can pass the ball well.

I'm not even sure what kind of player he actually is

I've argued why do we need to buy a central midfield player when we have a potentially very good one in Huws on the books already, but, playing Devil's Advocate to some degree, I have to say that he's done nothing in a Cardiff shirt so far to justify his transfer fee or the faith many City fans have in him.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've argued why do we need to buy a central midfield player when we have a potentially very good one in Huws on the books already, but, playing Devil's Advocate to some degree, I have to say that he's done nothing in a Cardiff shirt so far to justify his transfer fee or the faith many City fans have in him.
    Personally, I'd rather sign Ledley on a free and sell Huws. I hope Huws kicks on but he's always struck me that he holds something back. If he could play like he did against Ukraine away in 2016, we'd have a real player. It is pretty clear Coleman is hardly convinced although CC usually picks his favourites!

He hasnt exactly been given much of a chance to justify it. 1 league start under Trollope and 1 cup start under Warnock.

I have a blind faith in him, but that's only due to what I've seen and read of him playing elsewhere.
    I was delighted when he signed and I hope he gets a chance to impress at least before getting bombed out,good attitude in pre season and who knows what kind of player we may already have.

He hasnt exactly been given much of a chance to justify it. 1 league start under Trollope and 1 cup start under Warnock.
    What was he doing/or not doing in training to not get a chance? He couldn't shift Ralls who was beyond awful under Trollope (which isn't really a criticism, he wasn't the only one). Warnock clearly doesn't fancy him though, although I'd be a bit miffed if we didn't get a decent fee for him. There's a player in there.

Also, if you went to PNE away (you might have) he was ruddy awful. I mean, horrible. We were beyond bad in fairness but my God, he didn't play well.

As far as I know he can't sing and he can't play a musical instrument - so why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    As far as I know he can't sing and he can't play a musical instrument - so why would they?
    Well Chas Smash is not in the band anymore and he didn't really do either, so there is a vacancy.

In the Jason Byrne article he spoke about injury, homesickness and bad timing (high profile strikers coming in) stopping him from making the impact he would have wanted, but ask a city fan and we'd more likely say he wasn't quite good enough.

It's probably somewhere between the two and it's likely that it is true for Huws also; although arguably more do with other circs as we know he has the talent.

Either he needed to come back strong here after summer or move on and do the same. I am not sure he fits classic Warnock team anyway.