+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madness not to give Huws his chance....

Re: Madness not to give Huws his chance....

I agree with Pedro. He's obviously a decent player but there is no way he'd fit into our team under Warnock.

I'm surprised he didn't get a look in under Trollope but Warnock likes to vet the ball through the midfield as quickly as possible whereas Huws is more suited to possession which i suppose does beg the question "how the hell was he successful at Ipswich!"

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I must admit this is my inclination too. I believe he made nosies about wanting to join Ipswich permanently too. Id love to see him kick on and do well, but i get the impression he's not too bothered about us and was very much a clement signing rather than a Warnock type one.
    Clement signing?

YOU JACK BASTARD!

Well if anybody can get the best out of him Warnock can, with a full preseason lets see what we get.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've argued why do we need to buy a central midfield player when we have a potentially very good one in Huws on the books already, but, playing Devil's Advocate to some degree, I have to say that he's done nothing in a Cardiff shirt so far to justify his transfer fee or the faith many City fans have in him.

Quote Originally Posted by old blue View Post
    Well if anybody can get the best out of him Warnock can, with a full preseason lets see what we get.
    Not convinced,

Huws obviously went to Man City at a young age. As we've seen, highly rated, hyped players in that situation can end up not progressing particularly well.

Huddersfield, Wigan were both struggling sides in the Champ when Huws was with them. 30 league games for Huddersfield in a single season, two seasons at Wigan led to 16 league games.

If he couldn't play regularly for a poor Wigan side...

I just don't see what Huws provides other than height. The odd moment for me isn't enough - he's 23 not 18. without consistency... even at Ipswich some of the televised games the game passed him by,

We do have to consider FFP in the scheme of things. We can carry Huws in the hope it'll click, or have youngsters around the first team who are cheaper, have a lower ceiling but higher consistency.

Jury's out on him. Not seen a great deal of him but the little i have, sems a bit petulant. A few of them about, like somebody owes them a living type.

Give him a last chance I say, if only coz we've got him. If he doesn't perform and improve his attitude in the first few weeks, get rid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this ...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...ngham-13213225

....the circumstances to allow Huws to express himself fully could just be coming together - new season new start, (largely) a new squad being primed for a strong showing, a manager experienced enough to know a decent player and give him responsibility. He's 23 and talented, let's hope he recognises and takes his chance.

I suspect if we'd just brought him in new this week most fans would be throwing their hats in the air.
    He looked bloody brilliant when he came on against Serbia, albeit for not very long.

I can't see why he isn't given a chance - maybe there IS something behind the scenes that we don't know about.

(it will probably be on **** though - LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Clement signing?

YOU JACK BASTARD!
    I've got Tammy Abrahams on my mind. Schoolboy error. Thanks for the correction !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He looked bloody brilliant when he came on against Serbia, albeit for not very long.

I can't see why he isn't given a chance - maybe there IS something behind the scenes that we don't know about.

(it will probably be on **** though - LOL)
    He did? I wanted to throttle him after that shot in the 90th minute.