+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Danny Ward

Danny Ward

According to Sky Sports just now, Ward has signed for £1.6m. Deal to be announced in morning. Good signing - nippy forward with a good finish who can play down middle or out wide. Did well in a poor team last season. Should compliment Zohore nicely.

Re: Danny Ward

I would think the £1.6m plus add ons is incorrect and the figure is including add ons

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    According to Sky Sports just now, Ward has signed for £1.6m. Deal to be announced in morning. Good signing - nippy forward with a good finish who can play down middle or out wide. Did well in a poor team last season. Should compliment Zohore nicely.
    Friggin' madness if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Why?

What are you on about. He's 26, strong, quick and scores goals. A number of other championship clubs were also after him. £1.6m for a player of this type who could get us 15+ goals a season is a real bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Why?
    He's one of Yesterday's Men.

Good buy IMO. Welcome to the City Danny.
    Spedger

Can only be an asset that we sorely missed last season. Welcome to Cardiff city Danny

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Good buy IMO. Welcome to the City Danny.
    Spedger
    I thought his name was Danny Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Why?
    Not worth it, that's why.

Not worth it, that's why.
    You must be joking. What exactly do you think you can get for less than £1.6m ?. Wolves paid us £3.5m for Joe Mason two years ago and he can't get in their team now. Ward has got to be worth at least that but he was approaching the final year of his contract and Rotherham needed the money after relegation. Ward scored 12 goals (as many as Zohore) in a struggling team and had a number of assists. Warnock has obviously been a major influence in him coming here and I am very optimistic that he will do well. Perhaps you wanted us to sign Ronaldo ?.

Must say that for years I had him down as one of those players who looks very good at League One level, but comes up short in the Championship. Also, while twelve goals in a team as poor as Rotherham were last season is impressive, his overall scoring record isn't too grand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1990)

but, rather like another of our signings in Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, there are some signs that Ward is a player who has kicked on in his mid twenties, so I'm going to do my usual of watching him playing three or our games for us before rushing to judgments.

Anyway, here's the obligatory "I'll drive him there myself" message from a Rotherham fan

https://twitter.com/Millerman78?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

50% of the fee goes to Huddersfield as a sell-on fee!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    50% of the fee goes to Huddersfield as a sell-on fee!
    Why the surprise? It's similar to the deal we got for Bale.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Must say that for years I had him down as one of those players who looks very good at League One level, but comes up short in the Championship. Also, while twelve goals in a team as poor as Rotherham were last season is impressive, his overall scoring record isn't too grand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_...er,_born_1990)

but, rather like another of our signings in Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, there are some signs that Ward is a player who has kicked on in his mid twenties, so I'm going to do my usual of watching him playing three or our games for us before rushing to judgments.

Anyway, here's the obligatory "I'll drive him there myself" message from a Rotherham fan

https://twitter.com/Millerman78?ref_...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    A goal every 5 games for a team as poor as Rotherham isn't a bad return. Much better than any of our players have managed at this level (excepting Zohore) for some years. There are signs in the stats that he is maturing and improving as he gets older and all the clips that I saw of him last season were impressive. I also think he can adapt to playing with Zohore and their styles should compliment each other. The Rotherham fans comments indicate to me that a). Ward wasn't happy at Rotherham after January because they were so poor and he wanted to leave b). The fan is bitter because they were so bad and went down.

have we signed him

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    have we signed him
    I hope for Huddersfield's sake we have. They've already spent their (sell-on) share of the fee.

Warnock knows this player inside out. It's probably the least surprising of the summer.

Until it's announced officially, it hasn't happened yet.