+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sh*t....Swansea nab Abraham...

Sh*t....Swansea nab Abraham...

Can see him make a decent pairing with Llorente

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...elsea-10656999

Re: Sh*t....Swansea nab Abraham...

Swansea made some daft decisions last season, but it looks like they are taking on board the criticisms from fans.

A tidy acquisition by all accounts but I can see them struggling to keep hold of Sigurdsson and the boy from Barnsley whose name escapes me.

The problem with young loanees though is that clubs take a massive gamble on them, particularly if you're asking them to play in a higher league. It takes them nearly an entire season to find their niche and then they're handed back to the parent club all raring to go.

With this boy in particular, I think I read somewhere that there was a loan fee of £1 Million! A tad excessive for that. For a million, I'd at least expect to keep his right foot (w/toes) when he returns to Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    A tidy acquisition by all accounts but I can see them struggling to keep hold of Sigurdsson and the boy from Barnsley whose name escapes me.

The problem with young loanees though is that clubs take a massive gamble on them, particularly if you're asking them to play in a higher league. It takes them nearly an entire season to find their niche and then they're handed back to the parent club all raring to go.

With this boy in particular, I think I read somewhere that there was a loan fee of £1 Million! A tad excessive for that. For a million, I'd at least expect to keep his right foot (w/toes) when he returns to Chelsea.
    Alfie Mawson please don't call me a jack for knowing that.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Alfie Mawson please don't call me a jack for knowing that.
    He reminds me of BIFF, from the Back to the Future films.

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...20101210165807

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps...-584839980.jpg

Tammy loves a good relegation battle!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just what I was thinking.

Watched bits of Ingurlunds under 21 game yesterday (I think, heats got to me), he seemed a bit of a selfish **** with the ball. + he falls over a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Whilst he looks like the total package. Pace, Height, Power etc He was ruddy awful twice against us last year. He looked scared of Bamba - still he's young though and theres a hell of a lot of potential there until Chelsea finally sell him.

Good signing, £1million is nothing to a premier league club. Just shows the gulf between the Championship and Premier League.

decent punt, hard to say anything negative as we would be loving it if we signed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Good signing, £1million is nothing to a premier league club. Just shows the gulf between the Championship and Premier League.

decent punt, hard to say anything negative as we would be loving it if we signed him.
    Absolutely, as he's proven himself at this level but I do believe the Jacks are taking a gamble.

The boy has to play in the Prem at some point though.

Friend of mine was a sports journalist and is a current wurzel season ticket holder. He's not convinced that Abraham is good enough to play at premier level - hope he's right.

Good signing that, that kid is going places.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Good signing that, that kid is going places.
    Well done to the jacks could be a decent signing.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that he'll struggle this season.

Sure he looks like he's got talent but I think he's too easily bullied out of games and makes poor decisions.

Too much of a step up in my opinion.

Will A Abraham take his board with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that he'll struggle this season.

Sure he looks like he's got talent but I think he's too easily bullied out of games and makes poor decisions.

Too much of a step up in my opinion.
    I am with you on that

while he was fairly decent for the Wurzles, the Jacks are in the prem league, i know a lower placed team, so i guess he might fit in

Probably better he plays for whoever in the Premier league rather than for one of our rivals in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Hopefully it's to replace Llorente, can't really see that working as a pairing.
    As Chelsea were after Lorente in January maybe that was part of the deal to secure the loan?

I think he will be a great signing for the Jacks with their style of play

Wynette???? it will only end in D.I.V.O.R.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just what I was thinking.
    Me too!

He's a successful goal scorer over one season at Championship level. If we were in the EPL and signed him I wouldn't be too excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Hopefully it's to replace Llorente, can't really see that working as a pairing.
    As Chelsea were after Lorente in January maybe that was part of the deal to secure the loan?
    This sounds quite feasible and shrewd from both parties.
    Chelsea will get to see if the boy can fulfil his potential whilst gaining a proven striker in a poor side. The Swansea owners, although taking a risk, get a new signing, a striker who will score goals (IF provided chances) and appease the fans too.

I get the comments from Bob and NYC but I reckon they're borne more out of hope

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    This sounds quite feasible and shrewd from both parties.
    Chelsea will get to see if the boy can fulfil his potential whilst gaining a proven striker in a poor side. The Swansea owners, although taking a risk, get a new signing, a striker who will score goals (IF provided chances) and appease the fans too.

I get the comments from Bob and NYC but I reckon they're borne more out of hope
    Borne out of the evidence available more like.

The element of hope applies to how well he would do in the premier, having almost zero experience of it

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    Borne out of the evidence available more like.

The element of hope applies to how well he would do in the premier, having almost zero experience of it
    He's gonna be good and deep down we all know it