+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring back the stocks

Bring back the stocks

Attacks on South Wales firefighters 'almost treble'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-40354053

Add to the above all the senseless attacks on medics and many others.

Public humiliation has its merits as many who have been humiliated in the media would testify.

Re: Bring back the stocks

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post

Public humiliation has its merits as many who have been humiliated in the media would testify.
    Totally shameful behaviour. They should print the pictures of anyone convicted of this in the papers.

^^ Some would likely relish the notoriety.

Hopefully we are witnessing the small beginnings of society becoming a little more caring and joined up .
    It would be good to hope that eventually the clowns that take pleasure from this sort of thing will think twice - or risk getting reviled by their own peers

These are kids with bugger all else to do but make their own fun (which is usually mischief)

Give them something to do, a project, a sport, a youth club and watch them become productive members of society.

Why not just give them a sense of what is right and wrong, acceptable and unacceptable and then when they have all the amenities that you crave they will know how to behave rather than destroy what's in front of them.
    Maybe they'll even produce their own positive solutions as many others have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    ^^ Some would likely relish the notoriety.

Hopefully we are witnessing the small beginnings of society becoming a little more caring and joined up .
    It would be good to hope that eventually the clowns that take pleasure from this sort of thing will think twice - or risk getting reviled by their own peers
    I'm with you on this

I voted Labour this time 'round, whereas I was previously a Libdem supporter. If Corbyn had got in, I think we would have had a positive shift in society.

This wouldn't have changed overnight, but definitely by the end of his term.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I'm with you on this

I voted Labour this time 'round, whereas I was previously a Libdem supporter. If Corbyn had got in, I think we would have had a positive shift in society.

This wouldn't have changed overnight, but definitely by the end of his term.
    Do you mean more demonstrations/riots ?

You've lost me.

The demonstrations/riots are more likely under the lot that's in government now. Corbyn would have been a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    These are kids with bugger all else to do but make their own fun (which is usually mischief)

Give them something to do, a project, a sport, a youth club and watch them become productive members of society.
    There's plenty for them to do - if they want to.

Trouble is lazy arsehole parents breed lazy arsehole kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    There's plenty for them to do - if they want to.

Trouble is lazy arsehole parents breed lazy arsehole kids.
    Yes, the lazy arsehole parents (a.k.a. The Worst Generation, a.k.a. Your Generation) are a complete write-off and this pattern will continue unless we do something about it such as give these kids a national project, something they can feel a part of, something they can sink their teeth into and feel proud of.

And (ASWADNASA) at risk of Godwinning my own point, say what you like about Hitler but the Nazi Youth were bloody well organised and loved every minute of it, plus it took all the might of our Greatest Generation to bring them down.

Yes, I am holding you personally responsible for Broken Britain.

And these

Donkey's tail cut off in 'barbaric' Haverfordwest attack
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-40351533

Difference between mischief and setting fires or attacking those responsible for putting them out. So many massive fires in the valleys and such a waste of money dealing with it while those doing it don't realise how destructive and dangerous they're being.

While I agree that there needs to be clubs for them to go to mischief shouldn't be confused for ignorance.

The lost generation that you talk about has been around since the 60's. Vandalism is not new but now often considered less revolting. Graffiti being a good example.
    Stop making excuses.
    Right and wrong may be more blurred now than the past and some clarity needs to be restored.
    Calling out firemen or medics on hoax calls simply to throw stones at them doesn't need any clarification in my book. Just positive and immediate action.
    I guess the alternative would be hard labour... a cell with only one pillow, no TV and a no meat diet. And no wifi or bedtime stories.

Yes, the lazy arsehole parents (a.k.a. The Worst Generation, a.k.a. Your Generation) are a complete write-off and this pattern will continue unless we do something about it such as give these kids a national project, something they can feel a part of, something they can sink their teeth into and feel proud of.

And (ASWADNASA) at risk of Godwinning my own point, say what you like about Hitler but the Nazi Youth were bloody well organised and loved every minute of it, plus it took all the might of our Greatest Generation to bring them down.

Yes, I am holding you personally responsible for Broken Britain.
    Good old Hitler - he always made an effort to dress smart and gave his time willingly to help the young people.

Shame he had to go and spoil it with all that other stuff eh?

I guess the alternative would be hard labour... a cell with only one pillow, no TV and a no meat diet. And no wifi or bedtime stories.
    Or just send them to live with Mrs R?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Difference between mischief and setting fires or attacking those responsible for putting them out. So many massive fires in the valleys and such a waste of money dealing with it while those doing it don't realise how destructive and dangerous they're being.

While I agree that there needs to be clubs for them to go to mischief shouldn't be confused for ignorance.
    Kids aren't born with respect for things and people, they have to learn it through experience. These kids need structure and discipline from an early age, why shouldn't we invest in that now?

Give them something to be proud of, something they build themselves, set them boundaries, allow them to work together and teach them to regulate themselves and each other.

The lost generation that you talk about has been around since the 60's. Vandalism is not new but now often considered less revolting. Graffiti being a good example.
    Stop making excuses.
    Right and wrong may be more blurred now than the past and some clarity needs to be restored.
    Calling out firemen or medics on hoax calls simply to throw stones at them doesn't need any clarification in my book. Just positive and immediate action.
    I'm not making excuses, I'm giving a solution for the future.

Sure your "bang 'em up" solution might work in the short term but it won't help the next generation, all it does is spread more misery around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Good old Hitler - he always made an effort to dress smart and gave his time willingly to help the young people.

Shame he had to go and spoil it with all that other stuff eh?
    Glad you're on board. We'll have the trains running on time and everything.

once upon a time, the " in " thing to do on the billy banks was to set fire to something, then lob bricks at the fire engine and crew, this of course meant the police would arrive

The council were often targeted, it was fun at times, trying to board up a window while dodging house bricks crazy times

What nonsense.
    They had a chance to attend school.
    Their parents, grandparents, family and friends all had the opportunity to explain the difference between right and wrong.
    And a deterrent whether it be the stocks, a kick up the arse, probation can work, but only if applied.
    There 'kids' don't need a cuddle or distraction. They need punishment then some nice words. Maybe they should be made to wear tee shirts saying "I'm a Dick and not proud of it"

Stop making excuses.
    I'm with you on most of this.
    But depriving t hem of bedtime stories? That's HARSH!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I'm with you on most of this.
    But depriving t hem of bedtime stories? That's HARSH!
    They could have their story if they agreed to be castrated.