Re: YoYo anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    WE FINISHED BOTTOM.

The leagues don't finish in November
    Er yeah, that's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Er yeah, that's my point.
    No, your point is, we would have stayed up IF I can't spell Malky remained manager.

My point is, we were already in decline and getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    No, your point is, we would have stayed up IF I can't spell Malky remained manager.

My point is, we were already in decline and getting worse.
    I actually said someone better than ole could possibly have kept us up by winning two games that were certainly winnable and another point elsewhere. Didn't mention malky as by that point his position was untenable and didn't say 'would'.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I actually said someone better than ole could possibly have kept us up by winning two games that were certainly winnable and another point elsewhere. Didn't mention malky as by that point his position was untenable and didn't say 'would'.
    The thread has been, by in large, a discussion on Mackay. We'd got 9 points in 13 since October, and we won 3 games under OGS. God, he was an awful, awful manager. Either way, the squad wasn't good enough as our big signings were defensively minded (Medel and Caulker), or a flop (ACorn). We didn't have any PL quality attacking players, bar Mutch, who couldn't stay fit. 32 goals in 38 games tells it's own story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The thread has been, by in large, a discussion on Mackay. We'd got 9 points in 13 since October, and we won 3 games under OGS. God, he was an awful, awful manager. Either way, the squad wasn't good enough as our big signings were defensively minded (Medel and Caulker), or a flop (ACorn). We didn't have any PL quality attacking players, bar Mutch, who couldn't stay fit. 32 goals in 38 games tells it's own story.
    Which is why I deliberately said "someone better than ole" to show that I wasn't talking about only malky.

Ole, unfortunately for us given the timing, was the worst City manager I've seen when it came to setting up and organising a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Spot on. We were in freefall.

I'm no great statistician and cannot remember fine details like some on here seem to be able to do, but I remember how I felt the time the news broke regarding Malkygate.
    It was a feeling of ah feck, we are doomed now the press have got hold this... the task of survival is impossible.
    At the time MM had a plan, a target of x amount of points after x amount of games and he was on course for that.

The argument that we hadn't scored enough goals playing very defensively and already doomed, I don't go along with.
    The season before, the guy played the most boring football I'd ever witnessed watching the City but we pissed the league.
    Of our record 11 home wins (or whatever it was) I enjoyed watching one maybe two.
    We bored sides into submission and I believe we would have done so in the prem.

We shall never know how City would have finished the season had MM remained at the helm but I believe we would have survived, playing boring defensive football granted.

I wouldn't be too concerned as there is no way we will be challenging for promotion. Avoiding relegation is probably nearer the mark but I don't think that will happen. Being realistic, mid table mediocrity is probably the best we can hope for.