+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The distance of a World Record Sniper Kill Shot in Cardiff

Re: The distance of a World Record Sniper Kill Shot in Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    The relevance is, would it have made the Hiroshima situation any better if they'd dropped it and not boasted about it , but tried to deny it? A simple reply to your post .
    That completely misses the point of TOBW's post.

He was talking about the boastful aggressive language used to describe an act of extreme violence. The alternative to that type of infantile, macho language is not denial.

I also understood him to be talking about the massive conventional bomb used in Afghanistan last year - not the Hiroshima nuclear bomb.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/24/this-is...t-afghanistan/

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    and me, as an aside a vey good war film is Hyena Road, set in afghanistan and featuring Canadian snipers, very good and recommended
    brilliant film. very gritty

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Meanwhile, the USA have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out the planet several times over, and not only boast about it but are still the only nation to have dropped one in anger, and that's ok.
    But North Korea, who don't seem able to lob one more than 100 yards without it falling apart and have never invaded another country or tried to topple a foreign leader are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

He was talking about the boastful aggressive language used to describe an act of extreme violence. The alternative to that type of infantile, macho language is not denial.

I also understood him to be talking about the massive conventional bomb used in Afghanistan last year - not the Hiroshima nuclear bomb.

Ok. So would it have made the situation in Hiroshima or Afghanistan any better if the yanks had landed the bombs, and been modest or humble about it? It's like pullling teeth on here sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Correct.

Ok. So would it have made the situation in Hiroshima or Afghanistan any better if the yanks had landed the bombs, and been modest or humble about it? It's like pullling teeth on here sometimes.
    Yes, absolutely, any military action that kills civilians should be accompanied by genuine humble words.

Sometimes these horrible things need to be done, but we should acknowledge the true nature of what we have done, not pretend it's just glorious.

Someone (can't remember who, possibly de bono) suggested that the nuclear codes should be surgically inserted into a capsule next to the heart of an official who accompanied the President everywhere, and who carries a massive knife in a suitcase.
    If the President wants to launch a nuclear attack, they must first be prepared to kill that person and get the code. this makes them acknowledge the reality of killing innocent civilians in their actions. If that was the case I would imagine that the accompanying fanfare would be a touch more muted.

I don't mind sniper rifles but I think Revolver is better.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I don't mind sniper rifles but I think Revolver is better.
    And it did exactly what it said on the cover!!

Would it make it better if they were humble or modest? I don't know, but I think ToBW was asking/answering "would it make it worse if they were celebratory or aggressively macho?" and I agree that it does. Such destruction should not be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Would it make it better if they were humble or modest? I don't know, but I think ToBW was asking/answering "would it make it worse if they were celebratory or aggressively macho?" and I agree that it does. Such destruction should not be easy.
    But it is for the bigger countries. People like ToBW think we live in a "marsh mallow world'
    You can't possibly be humble when your about to wipe out a city or area. If I'm about to kick you in the nads with a size 12 hobnail boot, it's not gonna make much difference if I apologise first, or try to be appollogetic after is it?.
    Alls fair in love and war.

I'd love to live in a "Marshmallow World", but, somehow, I can't see the connection between the late 2010s and this - I suppose we're probably closer to having a red sun and a long, long, long winter than we've been in my lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOu3IMMzFc

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd love to live in a "Marshmallow World", but, somehow, I can't see the connection between the late 2010s and this - I suppose we're probably closer to having a red sun and a long, long, long winter than we've been in my lifetime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOu3IMMzFc
    👍

a sniper makes a kill shot at 3.5K which everyone must admit is a massive feat, its outstanding

then people moan about it, which inturn brings in the moans about bombing

this is a war folks, something needs to be done about IS, what is the lesser of 2 evils ??

a sniper shot that takes out a IS insurgent or a Bomb that wipes out the whole block ? ?

celebrate the fact that the sniper took the shot and took out a IS insurgent without any civilian damage

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Meanwhile, the USA have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out the planet several times over, and not only boast about it but are still the only nation to have dropped one in anger, and that's ok.
    But North Korea, who don't seem able to lob one more than 100 yards without it falling apart and have never invaded another country or tried to topple a foreign leader are the bad guys.
    You've really become a loony left. Absolutely bizarre thinking.
    Are you seriously saying that North Korea are NOT the bad guys. Why, because their weaponry doesn't match that of the USA.
    Are you seriously saying that USA ARE the bad guys, because they have boasted to those that they are engaged in mortal conflict, about the weapons they have used.
    There are a large number of countries and groups that show off or boast about their weaponry. It's about saying don't mess with us, rather than saying nothing and allow the weird and not so wonderful to initiate or retaliate.
    You've mentioned about USA dropping the only Atom Bombs before. If it wasn't the states with all its devastation, then perhaps it would have been wackjob country or regime that would drop it without pause for thought.
    I would also ask you to a little research on the Japanese atrocities and build up to the dropping of those bombs.
    It saved thousands of lives as the Japanese were a brutal regime.
    You've become isolationist in your thinking and one dimensional too.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    You've really become a loony left. Absolutely bizarre thinking.
    Are you seriously saying that North Korea are NOT the bad guys. Why, because their weaponry doesn't match that of the USA.
    Are you seriously saying that USA ARE the bad guys, because they have boasted to those that they are engaged in mortal conflict, about the weapons they have used.
    There are a large number of countries and groups that show off or boast about their weaponry. It's about saying don't mess with us, rather than saying nothing and allow the weird and not so wonderful to initiate or retaliate.
    You've mentioned about USA dropping the only Atom Bombs before. If it wasn't the states with all its devastation, then perhaps it would have been wackjob country or regime that would drop it without pause for thought.
    I would also ask you to a little research on the Japanese atrocities and build up to the dropping of those bombs.
    It saved thousands of lives as the Japanese were a brutal regime.
    You've become isolationist in your thinking and one dimensional too.
    Maybe the world isn't as simple as 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.

The North Korean regime treat their people terribly but the conversation appears to have moved away from that and towards whether or not they are a threat to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Maybe the world isn't as simple as 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.

The North Korean regime treat their people terribly but the conversation appears to have moved away from that and towards whether or not they are a threat to us.
    A simple question for you Eric. Are North Korea the good guys in any way? If so, in what way