+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The distance of a World Record Sniper Kill Shot in Cardiff

The distance of a World Record Sniper Kill Shot in Cardiff

A sniper with Canada’s elite special forces in Iraq has shattered the world record for the longest confirmed kill shot in military history at a staggering distance of 3,540 metres.

The Canadian Armed Forces confirmed Thursday that a member of Joint Task Force 2 made the record-breaking shot, killing an Islamic State insurgent during an operation in Iraq within the last month.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35415651/

To put that into perspective, it is 3.5km from the CCS to the Gabalfa Flyover.

Re: The distance of a World Record Sniper Kill Shot in Cardiff

they are amazing creatures

Ahhhh, reminds me of Hudson's goal v Derby.

Even more impressive is that the insurgent was riding his bike at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Even more impressive is that the insurgent was riding his bike at the time.
    How do you know it was his/her bike ?

Impressive shot, but on the other hand, a kinda sick record to hold.
    I know it was against the bad guys, who were attempting to raid some "good guys", but is there really a need to boast about killing people?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ahhhh, reminds me of Hudson's goal v Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How do you know it was his/her bike ?
    Because it's a farcical story🔭 🚴😉

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Don`t tell Bluetit but that bullet goes directly through the Canton Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    A sniper with Canada’s elite special forces in Iraq has shattered the world record for the longest confirmed kill shot in military history at a staggering distance of 3,540 metres.

The Canadian Armed Forces confirmed Thursday that a member of Joint Task Force 2 made the record-breaking shot, killing an Islamic State insurgent during an operation in Iraq within the last month.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle35415651/

To put that into perspective, it is 3.5km from the CCS to the Gabalfa Flyover.
    Not being funny but if Kim Jong Un came out with that people would be having a good laugh about it.

What probably happened is that the guy made the shot and some bloke 50 yards away fired at the same time.

Also, anyone of my generation knows that unless Norris McWhirter is there to verify it then it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Not being funny but if Kim Jong Un came out with that people would be having a good laugh about it.

What probably happened is that the guy made the shot and some bloke 50 yards away fired at the same time.

Also, anyone of my generation knows that unless Norris McWhirter is there to verify it then it doesn't count.
    While Roy Castle has a bit of a tap dance.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I know it was against the bad guys, who were attempting to raid some "good guys", but is there really a need to boast about killing people?
    Personally, I'd like to wish him a long and fruitful career.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Personally, I'd like to wish him a long and fruitful career.
    and me, as an aside a vey good war film is Hyena Road, set in afghanistan and featuring Canadian snipers, very good and recommended

Agreed, it's like when America had to tell everyone they had dropped the "mother of all bombs" - boys with toys springs to mind.

Thank **** those weapons aren't freely available over here.

I use that flyover quite frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, it's like when America had to tell everyone they had dropped the "mother of all bombs" - boys with toys springs to mind.
    Would it have been better if the USA had dropped the bomb and tried to deny it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Thank **** those weapons aren't freely available over here.

I use that flyover quite frequently.
    Don't worry mate, Tesco's would be in the way

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Would it have been better if the USA had dropped the bomb and tried to deny it?
    What relevance is that to what I said? All I was talking about was the boasting about the mother of all bombs.

What relevance is that to what I said? All I was talking about was the boasting about the mother of all bombs.
    Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Meanwhile, the USA have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out the planet several times over, and not only boast about it but are still the only nation to have dropped one in anger, and that's ok.
    But North Korea, who don't seem able to lob one more than 100 yards without it falling apart and have never invaded another country or tried to topple a foreign leader are the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Don`t tell Bluetit but that bullet goes directly through the Canton Hotel

Thought I felt something wizz past my earhole last Sunday.

A young muslim's words were read out on the John Stewart show about preferring cloudy days to sunny days because drones would less likely attack. We should not be so happy that we're tainting the enjoyment of sunny days or the gabalfa flyover for hundreds of thousands if not millions.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Meanwhile, the USA have enough nuclear missiles to wipe out the planet several times over, and not only boast about it but are still the only nation to have dropped one in anger, and that's ok.
    But North Korea, who don't seem able to lob one more than 100 yards without it falling apart and have never invaded another country or tried to topple a foreign leader are the bad guys.
    I'm sure I remember reading years ago that the USA considered developing a nuclear weapon that would destroy most of life on earth if it was ever used.

Human nature and progression. Ya Can't stop it. Nuclear weapons were an inevitable outcome. Whether it's the States showing their muscle yrs ago or this snipers shot, it's happened and happening and it's gonna be reported. Whether it's right or wrong is another thing.
    It would be great if we lived in a world where pea shooters were the most dangerous weapons but we don't.

The relevance is, would it have made the Hiroshima situation any better if they'd dropped it and not boasted about it , but tried to deny it? A simple reply to your post .