+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Times Gone By

Times Gone By

Bit sad what's happened to the messageboard, a few seasons ago it would have been buzzing, new signings, imminent signings, fixtures just out etc. Where has everyone gone? It used to be a hive of activity on here, new threads starting left, right & centre. Would be marvellous to get back to the heydays of years ago.

Re: Times Gone By

Sadly it's a bit boring on here a lot of the time now innit. Lots of attention seeking posts imo and not many funny or interesting threads. Just saying like, I know I contribute fek all.

These really are the dog day where the rule is with the internet bullies and hot heads. No names really required, we all know who they are.

This forum seemed to change when it migrated to the new platform. Did a lot of people just not bother to register?

Or is it something to do will cell phones? I only ever visit when I'm on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    These really are the dog day where the rule is with the internet bullies and hot heads. No names really required, we all know who they are.
    Absolutely correct. I still frequent the board multi times daily but rarely post for that very reason.

Shame really but as I'm getting on a bit I blame myself and my generation, we never thought from the bleak 50s, less bleak 60s. that we would bring up such a me, me, intolerant, entitled generation.

They know who they are as you say but it's a shame the few spoil things for the many as always.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This forum seemed to change when it migrated to the new platform. Did a lot of people just not bother to register?

Or is it something to do will cell phones? I only ever visit when I'm on a computer.
    Not sure cell phones is the reason per se as I use mine more often to post and browse most of the time, a lot more than from my computer.

Agree that it may well be to do with phones, in particular software on the phones including all of the social media sites now readily available.
    Tweeting, wattsapping, instagramming, blogging, gaming... (have I missed anything?).
    There are only 24 hours in the day mun.

Just a thought, does anybody text these days?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Not sure cell phones is the reason per se as I use mine more often to post and browse most of the time, a lot more than from my computer.

Agree that it may well be to do with phones, in particular software on the phones including all of the social media sites now readily available.
    Tweeting, wattsapping, instagramming, blogging, gaming... (have I missed anything?).

I think he means the trouble mobile users had with the ads/malware on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    I think Nick means you're a bully Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I think Nick means you're a bully Gareth.
    well tbf nick and cc have history

Ah I see. You mean those who hasn't loaded Addblock?

I think it`s a combination of things :-
    Facebook
    The same people talking the same crap with the same arguments
    City have gone through a shit storm in the last 4 years
    I used to be on here most days and contribute to interesting threads, but a few days pass now and not only have I not posted but I have n`t even come on here.

Ah I see. You mean those who hasn't loaded Addblock?
    Yeah, a lot of people wont even be aware that they need an ad-blocker or that they even exist. Most would make a couple of attempts to come to the CCMB on a mobile and never come back. A lot of users aren't savvy enough to know what's happening or how to fix it.

Soshul media and the zillions of free filth sites, watching endless Bukkake vids or being bullied by the liberal lefties on here, (we all know who they are)!! no contest really, and oh, apparently there is a secret FB site where the big hitters of yesteryear off here all gather to talk all things CCFC

When my missus is angry with me she'll block me on Whatsapp. Only to start sending me abuse by text! Does my head in 😂

Blame Theresa May.

Yeah, a lot of people wont even be aware that they need an ad-blocker or that they even exist. Most would make a couple of attempts to come to the CCMB on a mobile and never come back. A lot of users aren't savvy enough to know what's happening or how to fix it.
    Lot of users probably can't be arsed. Why should we mess about with ad-blockers to view the forum on a phone when plenty of other forums work perfectly well on a mobile and still show ads

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post

You've unwittingly nailed the problem. We've run out of subject matter

You've unwittingly nailed the problem. We've run out of subject matter
    always treat this as light relief, its not real is it so just chill and enjoy, never get the halcyon days of cc vs croesy back but hey ho its still amusing

As an out of touch sixty one year old, I wonder if it's because messageboards have had their day? However, to argue against myself, I go to boards of other clubs to look at what they think of players we might be trying to sign from them and they're still as busy as they ever were .

I've always felt that annonamity causes a lot of problems on MB's. It leads to trolling and abuse. That in it's self can lead to the demise of a board. How many fans would come on here if you had to register with your real name, and become accountable?.

I blame the libtards and the remoaners. If it wasn't for them we could all have a jolly good time slagging off the darkies and the gays.

Maybe Cardiff City Football Club, is as big and popular as WE all make out.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit sad what's happened to the messageboard, a few seasons ago it would have been buzzing, new signings, imminent signings, fixtures just out etc. Where has everyone gone? It used to be a hive of activity on here, new threads starting left, right & centre. Would be marvellous to get back to the heydays of years ago.
    Start a few yourself? I've always had you down as one of the better posters on here.

tbf, I think we have discussed the new signings, but so far none of them have had that "wow factor". Hopefully that will change soon?

I know this place ain't exactly "buzzing" at the moment, but maybe that's a reflection of it being the off season? With some good performances in August, a good atmosphere in the ground and some positivity will be reflected on here.

End of the day though, this board is only going to be as good or bad as we make it.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Used to live on this board despite not knowing who anyone was personally. Around the time Sam took over it was brilliant, bit like our support back then. It's def waned after moving grounds, new style membership, rebrand, premier league guff, original posters moving on and basically any moaning shit anyone can think up as an excuse.......even Glastonbury is tame now, begs the question is anything a bit on the edge these days?? Even splott is becoming gentrified ffs