+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: After recent doom and gloom posts, some good news...

After recent doom and gloom posts, some good news...

Samoa 17 - 19 Wales

Re: After recent doom and gloom posts, some good news...

Bit of a lucky win, because Samoa certainly had their chances to have won with a little to spare, but credit to a young Welsh side that recovered from a horrible first ten minutes, that ended with them ten nil down, for the way chipped away at the lead and then came up with the winning try inside the last ten minutes - although neither of the games were classics. I think Wales can feel satisfied with two wins from two with a much weakened squad.

I haven't had chance to watch any of the wales games anyone looking like breaking in to the first team

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I haven't had chance to watch any of the wales games anyone looking like breaking in to the first team
    Thought Sam Davies took a wrong option when he kicked to the wing when about ten yards from the Samoa try line and the home side went from looking like conceding to almost scoring within about fifteen seconds, but, in very difficult conditions for running rugby, some of his tactical kicking was excellent and I'd like to see him in the senior side sooner, rather than later.

Ellis Jenkins had a decent game at 7 and I liked the young Scarlets scrum half who I don't think I'd seen before - Cory Allen did well on the wing, Shingler was very good and Navidi (who I can't remember seeing play much at number eight before) did superbly at times to retain possession at the back of a retreating Welsh scrum.

How come when I googled 'positive news' this result was nowhere to be seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiffa View Post
    How come when I googled 'positive news' this result was nowhere to be seen?
    Did you going 'positive news UK'?