+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gary Medel

Re: Gary Medel

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    It's what he done in a Cardiff City shirt that's important not his whole career. Not that he's achieved much.
    I didn't specify"in a city shirt" in the OP.

First time I have seen that vid, that has made me feel very uncomfortable

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I didn't specify"in a city shirt" in the OP.
    I didn't say you did??!?!???

He is easily one of the finest players ever to play for us - in the top 5 - but not if you only look at performances in a City shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    He is easily one of the finest players ever to play for us - in the top 5 - but not if you only look at performances in a City shirt.
    Pffft

John Charles
    John Toshack
    Craig Bellamy
    Aaron Ramsey
    Gareth Bale

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Fair point and well made

Banned

He came with the reputation of smashing any patio set that got in his way. Bit of a let down.

Or Curtis Davies, Tom Huddleston, Jake Livermore, Jelavic and Shane Long for a fraction of the cost of the 3 we did sign
    Stephen Ireland is another ,we could have 6 or 7 effective players , for the price of 3 , kept Hudson , Rudi ,Super Kev, had a bigger better squad .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Stephen Ireland is another ,we could have 6 or 7 effective players , for the price of 3 , kept Hudson , Rudi ,Super Kev, had a bigger better squad .
    We had super kev, and he was crap.

He was loaned out to Bolton. Besides he was no worse than KTC.

Although I'm not suggesting it was wholly down to this, I think Jon is right - Medel was playing well enough for us until about the time Malky Mackay was sacked. After that, to use Lardy's phrase, he checked out as far as City were concerned - my attitude towards him and Caulker is that at least we got most, if not all, of the money we paid for them back, unlike so many others signed since Mackay left.

Or Curtis Davies, Tom Huddleston, Jake Livermore, Jelavic and Shane Long for a fraction of the cost of the 3 we did sign
    All the off the field stuff would still have happened, Tans bonus fight and everything else, so I'm not convinced different players would have made much of a difference. Would have saved money though.

He was very influential for us and you noticed how much we missed him when he wasn't playing

He didn't play him, preferred John from the off set , and non full back skilled Connolly ,so Kev had no chance ,and he was far from crap, how can you make that deduction paling at that level when he was hardly given a chance ,wasn't it single figures ????

The thrust of my thread is about purchasing fewer players for a lot of money ,the value they brought balanced against better purchases , more of ,bigger squad with depth. .

There was a lot more crap about player wise and managerial then Kev,he wasn't the one to take us down .

Medel seemed to find himself as a square peg in a round hole pretty soon in to the whole affair.
    I thought he was OK, I remember moments of excellence, but nothing like his performances for Chile nor apparently his other club teams before and possibly since.

How come I wonder.

All I can remember about him, was the stupid pulling of the Aston Villa's player shirt, that led to the free kick which they scored from.

Sorry folks, but there have been lots of players who have made careers, out of passing backwards & sideways and he is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Sorry folks, but there have been lots of players who have made careers, out of passing backwards & sideways and he is one of them.

Where Is Grangetownblue ? ? ? he really should have replied to this post