+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - Hay fever cures.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Hay fever cures.

I've seen people say that eating a spoonful a day of local honey can build up immunity to the local allergens and they become less-sensitive to it over time, not sure if there is any medical evidence to back that up but if it's worked for some people it's worth a go, it's good for you anyway so it can't do any harm, honey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I've seen people say that eating a spoonful a day of local honey can build up immunity to the local allergens and they become less-sensitive to it over time, not sure if there is any medical evidence to back that up but if it's worked for some people it's worth a go, it's good for you anyway so it can't do any harm, honey.
    I know a few who that has worked for, you need LOCAL honey though as you said

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I know a few who that has worked for, you need LOCAL honey though as you said
    What's her telephone number?

Unless you're allergic to honey in which case you could die.

I suppose they wouldn't suffer from hayfever after dying mind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Unless you're allergic to honey in which case you could die.

I suppose they wouldn't suffer from hayfever after dying mind.

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed are my own, and generally unpopular with others, any similarity to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental, anything you mail can and will be used against you, any disclaimer issued by me is subject to change without notice, any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers, always consult your doctor blah blah blah.

Disclaimer: Any opinions expressed are my own, and generally unpopular with others, any similarity to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental, anything you mail can and will be used against you, any disclaimer issued by me is subject to change without notice, any society that needs disclaimers has too many lawyers, always consult your doctor blah blah blah.
    Put your feet on a hot water bottle.

Just drink about 6 cups of green tea a day. Sorted

I used to have it bad,the last 3 years not even a sneeze

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I used to have it bad,the last 3 years not even a sneeze
    Provo coz u is over 70 now bruv init

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Put your feet on a hot water bottle.
    Excellent idea, whoever gave you that advice is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Just drink about 6 cups of green tea a day. Sorted
    Always fix nature with nature.

Just to add about the honey thing.

I used to get hay fever like a bastard. It tailed off a bit in my twenties and thirties but it was still pretty shitty.

I tried everything from sprays, tablets, drops - even injections for about five years before they found out they caused muscle wastage and banned them.

Then someone recommended local honey so I gave it a go. One spoonful every day between April/May until Sept time.

Worked a treat - still get the odd bit here and there (last week I've had a little bit) but nothing like what it used to be.

Pop along to that farm shop in radyr (the one in that little shopping place just off the a470) and pick up a jar that comes from tonyrefail apiary(?)

Probably the best thing I've discovered since women's vaginas.