+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What are your favorite AWAY GROUNDS/Trips ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Re: What are your favorite AWAY GROUNDS/Trips ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    One of mine is Fulham and has been since 1968, seeing us win there 5-1. (I think it was, I know we scored 5)

Gang of us, got the train up and most of us only had platform tickets. .
    If my memory serves me right, I believe we went 1-0 down to an early goal, but after that it was one way traffic, with Tosh, Clarky and Barrie Jones having a field day.

great day out, for a group of 16/17 year olds (and Splott Parker who was a whimsical 13, but still towered above all of us)

I can remember some of the school mates who travelled, John & Robert Corsi, Michael Stitfall, Paul Glavin, non school were Dave Beard, John & alan Frain, memories gone now.

What a fantastic day out, finished off making a record of City songs, on a machine in Paddington station.

Was it really 49 years ago !

Always loved the Fulham trip since.

What's your favorite Ground/ Trip ?
    Tempted to say Burton although Fulham is a good shout if only to see if Inspector Leak is on duty with the local plod.
    I presume Michael Stitfall is related to the Stitfall who played for City? The Stitfalls lived next door to my nan and gramp in Adamsdown.... not Splott.

Re: What are your favorite AWAY GROUNDS/Trips ?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Tempted to say Burton although Fulham is a good shout if only to see if Inspector Leak is on duty with the local plod.
    I presume Michael Stitfall is related to the Stitfall who played for City? The Stitfalls lived next door to my nan and gramp in Adamsdown.... not Splott.
    Mike lived in Arnold Avenue in Llanrumney, but one of his Nana's lived in Splott , he used to call at my house when he was visiting her, for his pocket money.
    Ya, the ones who played for the City were his uncles, I believe.

Add Peter Scully to that school list