+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ifollow

Ifollow

I subscribed to cardiff city player earlier this year and I've been looking signing in to see interviews with our new signings etc but obviously it hasn't been updated.

When did player hd switch over to ifollow and when should i have had a refund for player hd?

Finally is ifollow better than player hd?

Thanks in advance

Re: Ifollow

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I subscribed to cardiff city player earlier this year and I've been looking signing in to see interviews with our new signings etc but obviously it hasn't been updated.

When did player hd switch over to ifollow and when should i have had a refund for player hd?

Finally is ifollow better than player hd?

Thanks in advance
    My Player account switched over to iFollow a few weeks ago. My annual subscription runs to August and it has just carried on - no refunds and no 'new' subscription to the new service. The only hurdle was to reset/confirm the password. I can't remember now whether there was an email prompt for this or just a screen message when I tried to log on - but either way it was straightforward.

What happens when you try to log in to iFollow with your Player HD user name (email) and password?

For what it's worth, I think the appearance of iFollow is much worse than Player HD (or the CC World before it).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    My Player account switched over to iFollow a few weeks ago. My annual subscription runs to August and it has just carried on - no refunds and no 'new' subscription to the new service. The only hurdle was to reset/confirm the password. I can't remember now whether there was an email prompt for this or just a screen message when I tried to log on - but either way it was straightforward.

What happens when you try to log in to iFollow with your Player HD user name (email) and password?

For what it's worth, I think the appearance of iFollow is much worse than Player HD (or the CC World before it).
    I had to change my password, but now I can use IFollow - just watched an interview with Danny Ward.

I'm like you, regarding the appearance of IFollow, but I suppose it's early days yet and I'll get used to it.

What do you get for the 'new' Ifollow in the UK? Apart from news, interviews etc I believe it's live commentary only?

In the US, plus Europe, Australia, Canada etc it's being marketed as a platform to watch HD live stream of up to 46 EFL games. Ifollow believe there's more than a quarter million fans will be willing to subscribe.

So for $140 I'm expecting to be able to watch all City's home games live plus more than half their away games. Some Championship clubs - Villa, Birmingham, Boro, have elected not to join the Ifollow scheme so won't be available for live streaming.

I'm hopinb for great things from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    What do you get for the 'new' Ifollow in the UK? Apart from news, interviews etc I believe it's live commentary only?

In the US, plus Europe, Australia, Canada etc it's being marketed as a platform to watch HD live stream of up to 46 EFL games. Ifollow believe there's more than a quarter million fans will be willing to subscribe.

So for $140 I'm expecting to be able to watch all City's home games live plus more than half their away games. Some Championship clubs - Villa, Birmingham, Boro, have elected not to join the Ifollow scheme so won't be available for live streaming.

I'm not sure but I thought the live streaming service was only for overseas subscribers (who pay more).

The full price of the annual Player HD subscription last summer was £42,99 - but I think there was an offer running that reduced that (or was that the previous years)? On top of that you get the Annual Review DVD post free. I haven't seen anything about the UK subscription renewal rates for iPlayer, but was expecting similar to last year.

Changed my password in iFollow but I now can't sign in using Firefox - which is my default browser.

Works ok in Microsoft Edge but I prefer Firefox.

Anyone else had this problem?

I might be wrong but I think we should get access to all Cardiff matches. This season there were a few clubs not part of the Football League live commentary (for example Villa, Newcastle) but we were still able to get the live commentary for home/away. Hoping its the same for video. My dad who follows Villa would often listen to the opposing teams Player service for commentary.

It's $190 Canadian for the package here... something I will happily pay for some good quality, reliable streaming. Finally! After 10 years of mainly live commentary and a couple matches a season televised this is like Christmas

Last year I payed £4.99 month...just read tobw post about our new striker and thought let me re-subscribe...£49 clicked on d Ward and i go straight to Brentford Fc site.....FFS

Quote Originally Posted by tdob (in Toronto) View Post
    I might be wrong but I think we should get access to all Cardiff matches. This season there were a few clubs not part of the Football League live commentary (for example Villa, Newcastle) but we were still able to get the live commentary for home/away. Hoping its the same for video. My dad who follows Villa would often listen to the opposing teams Player service for commentary.

It's $190 Canadian for the package here... something I will happily pay for some good quality, reliable streaming. Finally! After 10 years of mainly live commentary and a couple matches a season televised this is like Christmas
    Yep, delighted with this offer (as I say, $140 US).

Last query from - a relatively tech dinosaur - what's the quality of the stream likely to be? Or better still, what's the minimum spec I would need from a new laptop _ definitely time I invested in a new one :)

Yep, delighted with this offer (as I say, $140 US).

Last query from - a relatively tech dinosaur - what's the quality of the stream likely to be? Or better still, what's the minimum spec I would need from a new laptop _ definitely time I invested in a new one :)
    Just looking at this do you know for sure all Cardiff home game will be broadcasted? Everywhere i go i get the standard response which is a bit vague.

It says streams are in HD and as for the spec of the machine no idea but you can get a very decent machine for 300/400 euros.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Just looking at this do you know for sure all Cardiff home game will be broadcasted? Everywhere i go i get the standard response which is a bit vague.

It says streams are in HD and as for the spec of the machine no idea but you can get a very decent machine for 300/400 euros.
    Not all clubs have signed up to it, so some away games won't be broadcasted for starters (think Villa, Boro and Sunderland are three).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not all clubs have signed up to it, so some away games won't be broadcasted for starters (think Villa, Boro and Sunderland are three).
    Yeah I can live with that, Cardiff just confirmed they'll be involved but without giving a figure for the exact number ("it'll be up to 46 games") at least they confirmed it'll be closer to 46 then 4 or 6.

Yeah I can live with that, Cardiff just confirmed they'll be involved but without giving a figure for the exact number ("it'll be up to 46 games") at least they confirmed it'll be closer to 46 then 4 or 6.
    It should be every game except away games to clubs that haven't signed up. The EFL's initial intention was for every game to be broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It should be every game except away games to clubs that haven't signed up. The EFL's initial intention was for every game to be broadcast.
    its only those abroad that get the live games though isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    That is what all the promotion material says - overseas subscribers only for live streams (if not on Sky). The YouTube link at the bottom of the board explains the deal in detail. The text under the video says:

OVERSEAS BLUEBIRDS: WATCH MATCHES ON iFOLLOW CARDIFF CITY
    N.B. OVERSEAS FANS ONLY

Cardiff City's opening match of the Sky Bet EFL season will be available worldwide for the first time in English football through the EFL’s new digital streaming platform iFollow.

Launched for the 2017/18 season, more than a million people have already visited the iFollow club platforms ahead of the new campaign, with the innovative service set to revolutionise the way overseas EFL fans follow their team.

More than 1,500 matches will be available in HD quality this season across the iFollow network or comparative club service*. Subscribers will pay the equivalent of £110 per season for the service which will provide coverage of up to 46 live games per club.

League matches selected for live TV coverage, including those on Sky Sports and one other Saturday 3pm kick-off that will be broadcast internationally, will NOT be available to stream on iFollow.

iFollow and the EFL’s new club websites have been optimised for all devices ahead of the 2017/18 campaign. Fans based in the UK and Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s former PlayerHD platform.

EFL Chief Executive Shaun Harvey commented:

“For football fans - wherever they may be in the world - fixture release day is one of the most eagerly anticipated dates in the calendar and this year it has added significance as we are in a position to announce the opening weekend’s games that will be streamed live on our new iFollow service in what is a first for English football.

“We are confident that iFollow will revolutionise the way thousands of EFL supporters overseas gain access to their Club, which will not only provide a potentially significant new revenue stream for our Clubs but also help raise the profile of our competitions on the international stage.”

For more information: efl.com/ifollow
    *Matches streamed on comparative club platforms are at the discretion of individual clubs.

I assume for UK subscribers to iFollow, the deal will be similar to the current HD Player deal - pre and post match interviews, highlights, post match full game coverage and audio commentary.

I'm not sure about this though. The way I interpret it, and the way it's worked in the past with audio commentary is the teams provide their own feed whether it is home or away. If you subscribe to Cardiff's streaming service i would assume they provide the stream with their own commentary like the currently do with audio home or away. If that weren't the case then a team like Villa who is doing their own thing wouldn't be able to stream any away matches at all.. Either way, will still be getting a hell of a lot more matches than ever before (other than being in the premier league of course)

Why does the Club webpage https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/ show the home game against Portsmouth as being on Tuesday August the 8th but the fixture list I have synched with my Google calendar states that the game is to take place on Friday 28 July.
    Presumably, the latter is incorrect. Does anyone else have this problem?

I'm not sure about this though. The way I interpret it, and the way it's worked in the past with audio commentary is the teams provide their own feed whether it is home or away. If you subscribe to Cardiff's streaming service i would assume they provide the stream with their own commentary like the currently do with audio home or away. If that weren't the case then a team like Villa who is doing their own thing wouldn't be able to stream any away matches at all.. Either way, will still be getting a hell of a lot more matches than ever before (other than being in the premier league of course)
    From the FAQ:
    Q: Are all of the games offered? Are there any exceptions?

A: All of the home and away matches will be available from the clubs that are participating in iFollow. The only exception is if the game is shown on US television, then the game on iFollow will be blacked out.

Q: Which clubs have chosen to not offer iFollow to their supporters around the world?

A: Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Bristol City, Derby County, Leeds United, Queens Park Rangers and five other Football League clubs.

Note, however, that for the 11 clubs that haven’t signed up for iFollow, they can still live stream the same games as the other 61 EFL clubs. The only difference is the 11 clubs will do it through their own digital infrastructure and brand rather than iFollow.

All 72 EFL clubs have the ability to live stream games overseas regardless of whether they are in iFollow or not.

Yeah that is my doubt, and trying to establish the exact matches you will see isn't forthcoming. I know they can't predict what games will move for TV but it would be good to know roughly what you can expect. Anyway still think it's a good deal so most likely go for it.

Yeah that is my doubt, and trying to establish the exact matches you will see isn't forthcoming. I know they can't predict what games will move for TV but it would be good to know roughly what you can expect. Anyway still think it's a good deal so most likely go for it.
    Well, Cardiff only had about 3 matches on bein sports last season in the US/Canada, so either way we should be able to see them all as there were always alternate streams for the televised matches.

From the FAQ:
    Q: Are all of the games offered? Are there any exceptions?

A: All of the home and away matches will be available from the clubs that are participating in iFollow. The only exception is if the game is shown on US television, then the game on iFollow will be blacked out.

Q: Which clubs have chosen to not offer iFollow to their supporters around the world?

A: Accrington Stanley, Aston Villa, Bristol City, Derby County, Leeds United, Queens Park Rangers and five other Football League clubs.

Note, however, that for the 11 clubs that haven’t signed up for iFollow, they can still live stream the same games as the other 61 EFL clubs. The only difference is the 11 clubs will do it through their own digital infrastructure and brand rather than iFollow.

All 72 EFL clubs have the ability to live stream games overseas regardless of whether they are in iFollow or not.
    So far i understand these clubs are not participating...how accurate i don't know.

Aston Villa
    Derby
    Sunderland
    QPR
    Leeds
    Bristol City

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why does the Club webpage https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/matches/fixtures/ show the home game against Portsmouth as being on Tuesday August the 8th but the fixture list I have synched with my Google calendar states that the game is to take place on Friday 28 July.
    Presumably, the latter is incorrect. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Friday 28th July is the cancelled friendly - it was cancelled after Portsmouth (H) came out in the EFL Cup draw for 8th August.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Friday 28th July is the cancelled friendly - it was cancelled after Portsmouth (H) came out in the EFL Cup draw for 8th August.
    Aha! Many thanks!

So far i understand these clubs are not participating...how accurate i don't know.

Aston Villa
    Derby
    Sunderland
    QPR
    Leeds
    Bristol City
    Birmingham City
    Bristol City
    Derby County
    Fulham
    QPR
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Aston Villa
    Sunderland
    Leeds

So if home and away are blacked out, that's 18 games missing from the above list. Some nice teams on that list unfortunately.

i don't care for all the bell and whistles of interviews and highlights are always available on youtube so when i factor in my availability it's not looking like such a good deal.