+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What else do we need?

What else do we need?

I've been really pleased with our transfer activity so far. The signings of Patterson and Ward seem to represent really good value and i also like the look of Mendez-Laing. He seems to be a wild card option who will be be a bit of the unknown in this league, similar to the Barnsley players last season. The goalkeeper situation has been sorted early doors, which is a complete contrast to last season!

If we can keep Manga, Morrison and Bamba we'll be really strong across the back four.

I'd probably consider another option up top, preferably someone for the future unless Warnock believes Mark Harris can make an impact.
    I'd like us to keep hold of Fred (at least until the end of the transfer window) to see if he can come good as i thought he looked lime he had more to offer than Zohore until Zohore became Ronaldo!

I'd ship out Pilkington, Huws, Connolly and Noone and hopefully this will give us some more funds to push on.

I think the obvious area we need to address now is the middle of the park.

We still need a proper number 10 in my opinion who can change the game for us and we also need another leader in the middle of the park. After that i think we'll be in a good position to have a go at it.

Re: What else do we need?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've been really pleased with our transfer activity so far. The signings of Patterson and Ward seem to represent really good value and i also like the look of Mendez-Laing. He seems to be a wild card option who will be be a bit of the unknown in this league, similar to the Barnsley players last season. The goalkeeper situation has been sorted early doors, which is a complete contrast to last season!

If we can keep Manga, Morrison and Bamba we'll be really strong across the back four.

I'd probably consider another option up top, preferably someone for the future unless Warnock believes Mark Harris can make an impact.
    I'd like us to keep hold of Fred (at least until the end of the transfer window) to see if he can come good as i thought he looked lime he had more to offer than Zohore until Zohore became Ronaldo!

I'd ship out Pilkington, Huws, Connolly and Noone and hopefully this will give us some more funds to push on.

We still need a proper number 10 in my opinion who can change the game for us and we also need another leader in the middle of the park. After that i think we'll be in a good position to have a go at it.
    The fact that we were, apparently, bidding for Ward and Jonny Hayes, as opposed to one or the other of them, suggests that we are looking for a number ten type player - Warnock has mentioned the possibility of using the loan market in the coming weeks.

However, assuming we don't sell someone like Morrison, Gunnarsson, Zohore etc. I think that's most of our recruiting done now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The fact that we were, apparently, bidding for Ward and Jonny Hayes, as opposed to one or the other of them, suggests that we are looking for a number ten type player - Warnock has mentioned the possibility of using the loan market in the coming weeks.

However, assuming we don't sell someone like Morrison, Gunnarsson, Zohore etc. I think that's most of our recruiting done now.
    I'd be very, very surprised if there are not more new faces to come over the next few months.

What do you think of Russell?

Personally I'm not convinced. I'd rather us go for Camara from Derby who's contract was cancelled today.

I saw him play for Angers and he looked sharp.

I've said it before but I'd like us to make a cheeky bid for Chris Forrester from Peterborough. Whenever I’ve watched him he's had a touch of class about him.

What do you think of Russell?

Personally I'm not convinced. I'd rather us go for Camara from Derby who's contract was cancelled today.

I saw him play for Angers and he looked sharp.

I've said it before but I'd like us to make a cheeky bid for Chris Forrester from Peterborough. Whenever I’ve watched him he's had a touch of class about him.
    Do you mean Johnny Russell?

We were linked with Camara before weren't we - saw him once or twice for Derby last season and thought he looked quite good.

Peterborough are a funny team, they can look really impressive one week, then get stuffed the next and Forrester seems to mirror that sort of form, That said, I think he may be the sort of player who Warnock might get performing, but I think you'd be looking at a couple of million, at least, for him.

Do you mean Johnny Russell?

We were linked with Camara before weren't we - saw him once or twice for Derby last season and thought he looked quite good.

Peterborough are a funny team, they can look really impressive one week, then get stuffed the next and Forrester seems to mirror that sort of form, That said, I think he may be the sort of player who Warnock might get performing, but I think you'd be looking at a couple of million, at least, for him.
    Sorry Bob i thought you wrote Johnny Russell not Johnny Hayes!

It's cos i saw linked with Russell again today on twitter

Can't believe we can ship out Connolly, we need to keep him and Manga to either play with 3 at the back or to make sure we have two decent players in every position
    IMHO we still need another striker (Would love to see the Southampton lad here) and 2 CM including Ledley!

John, Lambert, Noone, Pilks, O'Keefe, Huws and Fred can all go

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Can't believe we can ship out Connolly, we need to keep him and Manga to either play with 3 at the back or to make sure we have two decent players in every position
    IMHO we still need another striker (Would love to see the Southampton lad here) and 2 CM including Ledley!

John, Lambert, Noone, Pilks, O'Keefe, Huws and Fred can all go
    I think you are right they are not good enough.

Sorry Bob i thought you wrote Johnny Russell not Johnny Hayes!

It's cos i saw linked with Russell again today on twitter
    Think it depends on Huws, Pilks, Noone, Manga now. If, as I suspect, the first three go, and I hope we keep Manga, we need another centre mid, a 10, a winger and a striker, in my opinion, but I suspect he sees Ward as covering a few bases. I think Ward is Pilks' replacement.

If we keep Manga, the back 4 is set, I think we need a direct replacement for Zohore which isn't Ward.

Good to know Danny is familiar with a few of the players, he said he knows pilks, Gunnar, peltier etc

A close knit group makes a huge difference on the pitch. Neil ain't stupid...I think we're gonna have a good crack at it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I think you are right they are not good enough.
    I think if you compare Pilks' career with Ward's it strongly suggests that the former is the more talented player. However, although he 's still only 29, Pilks was a lot less effective last season compared to 15/16 and I'd guess that he doesn't have the pace Warnock likes in those who play in the positions he and Ward can fill. Seeing as he's under contract with us for another two years, I'd like us to keep Pilks for next season, but I suspect we need to do some balancing of the books now and so we could well be looking to cash in on him while we can get a decent fee - I reckon we could get a very good portion of what we paid for Ward back if we sold him this summer.