+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eng v S.A. 2nd T20

Eng v S.A. 2nd T20

Anyone watching this?

Be good to see SA level the series to make the game on Sunday at the SWALEC the decider.

England should have made it comfortably but SA have got back in it.
    22 required off 14 balls

Re: Eng v S.A. 2nd T20

England now require 20 off 10

13 off 7... wickets still tumbling!

12 off last over. Anyone's game

10 off 4 advantage SA

9 off 3 now

WICKET!
    8 OFF 2

4 runs almost 6!
    4 off last ball

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    12 off last over. Anyone's game
    Livingstone is about the least impressive batsmen I've ever seen playing international cricket.

I've seen better at my local village side.

Dot ball. S.A. win.... sets it up nicely for Sunday

Thanks for listening

Dot ball. S.A. win.... sets it up nicely for Sunday

Thanks for listening
    Cheers Blowers. More chat about cake, buses, cranes and pigeons next time please.

Well done South Africa, from all of us in Wales, now go and beat those foreigners again!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Cheers Blowers. More chat about cake, buses, cranes and pigeons next time please.
    Poor form from young MacAdder. He is no Henry Blofeld. As it happened I had no idea of the result so found it entertaining scrolling down this thread to find out the result. I am easily pleased.

Glammy T20 soon. Have decided to give the Friday night games a miss as I just cannot be bothered with a three hour drive to get there. Will go to the Saturday night and Sunday afternoon games.

Cheers for the feedback Bloop & Pearcey, I shall take your comments on board

I hear Blowers is finally bowing out of commentary this year so looks like there could be a vacancy. Unfortunately I fear my lack of both public school education & posh accent and, well just being welsh, will scupper my chances.

Yeah that Livingstone (Nick), I presume, was in fact a double agent, apparently having ancestral connections in Africa

Just been offered tickets for Sunday's decider. If I decide to go it'll probably the only T20 game I will bother going to this year as I can take or leave this form of cricket. I certainly wouldn't be travelling any distance to watch Glammy in a T20 that's for sure but kudos to you sir.

Roy was never out

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Roy was never out
    Hmmm... know what you mean.
    They traditionally favour the batsmen in close call situations and I was surprised when given out by the 3rd umpire. Any other form of cricket I doubt he would have been.
    Although it looked like he was watching the fielder all the way and swapped sides of the pitch to block the throw.

The decision definitely turned the game.

What a great finish! This is what T20 is all about. Really looking forward to Sunday

Hmmm... know what you mean.
    They traditionally favour the batsmen in close call situations and I was surprised when given out by the 3rd umpire. Any other form of cricket I doubt he would have been.
    Although it looked like he was watching the fielder all the way and swapped sides of the pitch to block the throw.

The decision definitely turned the game.
    Seen batsman do that stacks of times and never be given out - Roy would have got a bollocking off the coaching staff if he hadn't done it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seen batsman do that stacks of times and never be given out - Roy would have got a bollocking off the coaching staff if he hadn't done it.
    The laws changed in 2013, up until that point you were coached to run a line that obstructed the line of the ball to the stumps, in 2013 the laws changed that if you changed the direction of your run to deliberately block the stumps you could be given out obstructing the field.

Roy run across the middle of the pitch to change sides of the wicket so he could block the angle. So on current laws that is out.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    The laws changed in 2013, up until that point you were coached to run a line that obstructed the line of the ball to the stumps, in 2013 the laws changed that if you changed the direction of your run to deliberately block the stumps you could be given out obstructing the field.

Roy run across the middle of the pitch to change sides of the wicket so he could block the angle. So on current laws that is out.
    Agreed.
    Bowlers get a bollocking if they wander onto the pitch, so why should it be any different for the batsman.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

It might be, but it's like the six second rule with keepers, it's barely ever applied - I've seen stacks of batsmen not given out since 2013 for doing what Roy did

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Livingstone is about the least impressive batsmen I've ever seen playing international cricket.

I've seen better at my local village side.
    I agree with this. The man seems to have no concept of T20 play.
    He lost England the game from a winning position.