+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Glastonbury 2017

Re: Glastonbury 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Chic were the highlight for me. Utter brilliance.
    Yep, been flicking through the recorded highlights and the only crowd I would have loved to be in was the Chic audience.
    Perfect set list, brilliant musicians.The bass player could have taken the slap bass down a notch at some points though, the original Bernard Edwards basslines were simple but timeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Yep, been flicking through the recorded highlights and the only crowd I would have loved to be in was the Chic audience.
    Perfect set list, brilliant musicians.The bass player could have taken the slap bass down a notch at some points though, the original Bernard Edwards basslines were simple but timeless.
    Full set: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/...cwfbp/p055zfrz

Yes agreed, but still fantastic. Nile Rodgers is 64 and still has all of that energy, I've never seen them live but I would love to one day.

Full set: https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ec584f/...cwfbp/p055zfrz

Yes agreed, but still fantastic. Nile Rodgers is 64 and still has all of that energy, I've never seen them live but I would love to one day.
    Same, he genuinely comes across as a decent human being and after being in the music industry for so long, that is some achievement.
    Just the fact that he was volunteering at the Grenfell aid stations just after getting into London says a lot about the man, also the genuine joy he still seems to have playing songs he must have played thousands of times over is rare.

Yep, we have a winner. Just watched the Chic set. Bejesus those girls can sing.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Yep, we have a winner. Just watched the Chic set. Bejesus those girls can sing.
    Great day yesterday. Chic, Barry Gibb, The Killers and Goldfrapp all top notch.

I like Radiohead and enjoyed their set but can see why they are getting criticism. Thom Yorke didn't engage with the crowd at all and they should've devised a more accessible playlist for this sort of festival. But thats them I spose, bless em.

London Grammar, Future Islands, Courteeners, shit even Barry Gibb was good. I enjoyed Elbow who many thought were boring. Gonna Watch The Killers next then thats it till next year.

Chic were the highlight for me. Utter brilliance.
    And for me, that rhythmic thin fender sound, great tunes, i liked the over the top slap and pop.