+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glastonbury 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Glastonbury 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    The Foo Fighters are an awesome 'stadium rock' band. They didn't disappoint tonight.
    I saw them a couple of years back at the Milton Keynes Bowl and they were incredible. One of the last proper rock bands and there won't be many more.

Quite impressive to think that Dave Grohl has been in two of the biggest bands of his generation.
    Nirvana were dead in the water once Nevermind was released. Over produced, mainstream version of what Bleach was...

It would have been interesting to see what happened if Cobain had lived. In utero was woeful, product of someone no longer giving a sh*t. Would Nirvana have morphed into the musical style of Foo Fighters? Doubtful - probably would have imploded.

It's clear with hindsight that Grohl was head and shoulders far more talented than anyone else in Nirvana.

Liam singing Dont look back in anger was entertaining, reminded me alot of Ian brown

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Liam singing Dont look back in anger was entertaining, reminded me alot of Ian brown
    This is his a cappella Don't Look Back in Anger performance yesterday. His singing sounds even worse with no instrumental accompaniment. As much as I dislike the swaggering prick, I have to concede he's an exceptionally gifted tambourine shaker who deserves to be bracketed alongside Linda McCartney as one of the greats.

His new one 'Wall of Glass sounded very Ian Bown, although I'm sure he would have binned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    His new one 'Wall of Glass sounded very Ian Bown, although I'm sure he would have binned it.
    Noel once confessed that The Roses/Browneh and The La's, and Richard Ashcroft were the stylistic template for his (Beatles cover) band.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I am not sure sounding like Ian Brown is a good or a bad thing, saying that, i love the roses of old ( back in the 90's )

Well, I for one, am enjoying this Liam renaissance

Still cool as fook.