+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big Kens goals

Big Kens goals

If he starts the season in this kind of form, how long will we be able to keep hold of him? Sorry about the music.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllAboutC...832896/video/1

Re: Big Kens goals

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If he starts the season in this kind of form, how long will we be able to keep hold of him? Sorry about the music.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllAboutC...832896/video/1
    I suppose the big question is that, although many Championship clubs will have had two, or even three, looks at him by now, that will only include one game against the new, completely transformed Kenneth Zohore, so will they be able to cope better now that they have a better idea of what's facing them?

I'm not sure they will. If sides play a flat back four against us, like most tend to do in this league, I can see Zohore's pace and power causing the same problems unless they play so deep so as to leave big gaps between their defence and midfield - if Zohore comes close to repeating his form of the second half of 16/17 during the coming season, I'll be very surprised if he starts 18/19 at City if we are still in this league (or lower!), in fact we'd probably do well to keep in January.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I suppose the big question is that, although many Championship clubs will have had two, or even three, looks at him by now, that will only include one game against the new, completely transformed Kenneth Zohore, so will they be able to cope better now that they have a better idea of what's facing them?

I'm not sure they will. If sides play a flat back four against us, like most tend to do in this league, I can see Zohore's pace and power causing the same problems unless they play so deep so as to leave big gaps between their defence and midfield - if Zohore comes close to repeating his form of the second half of 16/17 during the coming season, I'll be very surprised if he starts 18/19 at City if we are still in this league (or lower!), in fact we'd probably do well to keep in January.
    Watching those goals i see two reasons why he is class.
    He has a real turn of speed that he uses neatly. Also he thinks about the chances instead of blasting at them.
    Top guy. Will take us up!

Good point, BUT, how can they cope with what he is going to do, when 9 times out of 10, he don't know what he is going to do himself.

I think, much like Wales, we tend to struggle to score against very defensive teams, struggling to break down a dogged defence. Zohore's real strength of course is running onto balls when we break. I'm assuming that NW's experiment with wing backs at the end of the season was something we'll see more of as more teams may take the defensive approach when they play us. I think we could see some exciting football next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I think, much like Wales, we tend to struggle to score against very defensive teams, struggling to break down a dogged defence. Zohore's real strength of course is running onto balls when we break. I'm assuming that NW's experiment with wing backs at the end of the season was something we'll see more of as more teams may take the defensive approach when they play us. I think we could see some exciting football next season.
    A goal and assist during first half tonight. Playing very well commentators bigging him up throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    A goal and assist during first half tonight. Playing very well commentators bigging him up throughout.
    Just seen the assist on YouTube. Typical Ken, big and strong. I can see him and Danny Ward are going to be a right handful.