+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Proposals To Improve Football

Proposals To Improve Football

The I.F.A.B has come up with some suggestions to improve the game ,here's a few ideas:

Half and full time whistle blown when ball goes out of play.

Players allowed to run with the ball from free kicks and corners ,instead of this ridiculous position that the side fouled is stopped and the offender is allowed to re - group its defence.

Allow keepers to pass to defenders inside his box .

My proposal would be to get rid of offside its out grown its purpose in my view, I think it would stretch a field of play which currently I'm my view is very congested and narrow.

Re: Proposals To Improve Football

I like the idea of Half and full time whistle blown when ball goes out of play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I like the idea of Half and full time whistle blown when ball goes out of play.
    That can happen now though, unless I have misunderstood.

The only legitimate event that a referee can extend time for is a penalty kick. A referee can blow the half-time/full-time whistle during a corner, free kick, goal kick or throw-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

The only legitimate event that a referee can extend time for is a penalty kick. A referee can blow the half-time/full-time whistle during a corner, free kick, goal kick or throw-in.
    I think they mean the same as rugby. So if time is up just as you get to take a corner, you can take the corner and play doesn't end until the ball goes dead again.

The one I like is alliwing the free kick taker to advance with the ball , negate the delaying tactics that offending deploys, its crazy law that encourages fouls to take place to stop teams attacking ,very negative , frustrating ,part of the game .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The one I like is alliwing the free kick taker to advance with the ball , negate the delaying tactics that offending deploys, its crazy law that encourages fouls to take place to stop teams attacking ,very negative , frustrating ,part of the game .
    Get real. You could get fouled by your own box and run the ball to their box. Do you pick the ball up? Or is that handball?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post

Yeah cos the ref never blows up when the ball is in play now does he?

What would you do in this situation if you were the ref.

During a match, the ball is knocked into touch by a member of the attacking side. As the throw-in is taken, an opposing defender approaches you on the edge of the eighteen yard box and confides that he is having trouble maintaining an erection. He is 21 years old and his partner is 23. She is very understanding, but it is causing tension in their relationship and he fears she may start looking elsewhere for sexual fulfilment .
    What do you do?

a. Suggest he asks his GP for a course of vaso-dilatory drugs to increase the blood flow in his penis.

b. Tell him to relax and experiment with non penetrative forms of sex.

c. Stop the game and award an indirect free kick against the defending side.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah cos the ref never blows up when the ball is in play now does he?
    Are you pretending to be thick? I didn't say that at all. Trying too hard today Casual.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes, sounds gimmicky but it's a very good idea for the reasons you've pointed out. It's already used in hockey and works well. We've had a debate about it on here before but Kris was against it because hockey isn't on tv much and J.R Hartley was against it because all the hockey players he knows are gay. To be honest, their arguments were going right over my head. I just pretended to understand them to try and make myself look intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yes, sounds gimmicky but it's a very good idea for the reasons you've pointed out. It's already used in hockey and works well. We've had a debate about it on here before but Kris was against it because hockey isn't on tv much and J.R Hartley was against it because all the hockey players he knows are gay. To be honest, their arguments were going right over my head. I just pretended to understand them to try and make myself look intelligent.