Many years ago I bought a house on a well known private estate in Cardiff. All of the houses were privately owned until a few years later the City Council started buying up houses that came on the market in order to house "social" tenants. For me that is when my nightmare started. The "social" neighbours next door were a nightmare. Rowing throughout the day and night, loud music and kids running riot climbing all over my property and garden. When I asked politely if the music could be toned down I was told to F.... Off and to mind my own F...ing business. Once I told the kids that they might fall through my asbestos garage roof and the abuse I received was unmentionable. I had cars parked in my parking space directly outside my garage which leaked oil all over the place. Neighbours in the vicinity frequently told me that they were glad they did not live in my house and started to put up their own houses for sale to the Council as they were afraid the same would happen to them. Eventually I was forced out as I could not stand living there and got far less for my house than I was hoping. I can only speak from personal experience but since that time I have maintained that mixing social and private housing does not always work for reasons other than satisfying the politically correct.