+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Social Housing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Social Housing

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why should residents be forced to leave the area for a fire that wasn't their own fault and could have been prevented?
    Because of limitations to appropriate social housing in the area.

It happened next door to my late mother's property. Single lady had 3 children, 2 with life limiting conditions. Over a period of 10 years, those two poor souls died. The other son had moved out a number of years previously.

After a period of time, Labour controlled Cardiff City Council moved her to a smaller property and a large family moved in from away.

It's a needs based situation.

A number of the survivors may have come from other continents to live 'in this country', was it specified they 'had' to live in Kensington ?

Where it's possible to stay in appropriate social housing in Kensington, then they should stay in the area.

I would look at the needs of the individuals. Those who are working, in my opinion should be given priority to stay in the area. If not they MUST be given a new life and job in a new area.

There are simply no easy answers.

To make Donna some sort of scapegoat is grossly unfair.

Re: Social Housing

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Because of limitations to appropriate social housing in the area.

It happened next door to my late mother's property. Single lady had 3 children, 2 with life limiting conditions. Over a period of 10 years, those two poor souls died. The other son had moved out a number of years previously.

After a period of time, Labour controlled Cardiff City Council moved her to a smaller property and a large family moved in from away.

It's a needs based situation.

A number of the survivors may have come from other continents to live 'in this country', was it specified they 'had' to live in Kensington ?

Where it's possible to stay in appropriate social housing in Kensington, then they should stay in the area.

I would look at the needs of the individuals. Those who are working, in my opinion should be given priority to stay in the area. If not they MUST be given a new life and job in a new area.

There are simply no easy answers.

To make Donna some sort of scapegoat is grossly unfair.
    So you basically support the idea that, even on a temporary basis, it is more important that people from social housing be rehomed in social housing, rather than in their own community. I disagree completely, where there is an alternative.