+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DUP and the tories deal done

Re: DUP and the tories deal done

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    That's quite a big assumption that you watch their crap in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Meant to change the all policies bit, I realise you didn't mean that.

Didn't say it was a poor show, just wondering.

The IFS incidentally wasn't impressed with either manifesto, calling the Conservatives "undeliverable" and Labours "unworkable"
    A great choice indeed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That's quite a big assumption that you watch their crap in the first place
    This page seems to have got bigger
    https://www.facebook.com/tvlicenceresistance/

If you want to watch TV legally then you must purchase a TV licence, or else, because we're watching you. We're trained from the off to be obedient to the state's edicts. That's an easy example of one of many extortion rackets operated by the Political Class. Pay through the nose for the privilege of being indoctrinated by Nanny's most powerful propaganda tool.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    What I am saying is that politicians from all sides offer inducements to whoever they are courting to secure votes.

There is no difference between Corbyn offering free tuition to secure votes in the general election and May offering infrastructure development to secure votes in parliament.

If the £1bn had been a result of a negotiation of Barnett then we would not have the issue we have. Because it has come about to secure a weak prime minister and government people are up in arms.

What does surprise me is that some think the DUP will get this money rather than the people of Northern Ireland, people who will benefit from new roads, hospitals and education. If this was Plaid and Wales we would all be lauding it as great use of leverage.

Northern Ireland has some of the most deprived wards in the UK. By any other method wealth redistribution and state intervention such as this would be welcomed by the left but since it involves the Tories it suddenly becomes today's bete noire
    It's a bloody good effort I will give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    £1 Billion to NI for their infrastructure is an extremely small price compared to the hundreds of billions of pounds promised by Labour over the next 5 years. How much would stopping student fees have cost on their own? Let alone all the other promises made?
    Yeah, let's not invest in education of our younger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Yeah, let's not invest in education of our younger people.
    1 educated young person is worth 100 property developers. The Tories have turned us into a nation of parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    1 educated young person is worth 100 property developers. The Tories have turned us into a nation of parasites.
    I was watching Homes Under the Hammer today (off and sick) and saw some bloke planning to turn a £101k property in Torquay into six bedsits spending just 30,000.

The property was needing more than a lick of paint. I wondered if he was a Tory MP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I was watching Homes Under the Hammer today (off and sick) and saw some bloke planning to turn a £101k property in Torquay into six bedsits spending just 30,000.

The property was needing more than a lick of paint. I wondered if he was a Tory MP.
    Fantastic entrepreneurship, give that man a tax cut.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Fantastic entrepreneurship, give that man a tax cut.
    Perception: the Tories are the party of low taxes and tax cuts for the wealthiest

Reality: this government is collecting more in tax than any other in history.

It is easy to think taxes are falling when the main headline rates are reduced. Unless you look at the overall picture - there are many taxes - you will form an incorrect conclusion.

Regarding landlords - the case in point - we have seen a reduction in higher rate mortgage interest relief as well as an increase in SDLT rates for company acquisitions and 2nd properties.

Perception: the Tories are the party of low taxes and tax cuts for the wealthiest

It is easy to think taxes are falling when the main headline rates are reduced. Unless you look at the overall picture - there are many taxes - you will form an incorrect conclusion.

Regarding landlords - the case in point - we have seen a reduction in higher rate mortgage interest relief as well as an increase in SDLT rates for company acquisitions and 2nd properties.
    I am referring to the general perception that anyone who isn't 'employed' is an entrepreneur wealth creator. Not all self employed/business owners/entrepreneurs are equal.

I agree, this government has gone further with stealth taxes than any in history.

Out of interest who/what are the current Gov't collecting more tax from?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I am referring to the general perception that anyone who isn't 'employed' is an entrepreneur wealth creator. Not all self employed/business owners/entrepreneurs are equal.

I agree, this government has gone further with stealth taxes than any in history.
    That makes them sound so much more fun than they are

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Out of interest who/what are the current Gov't collecting more tax from?
    anyone who pays VAT (i.e. pretty much everyone)
    landlords
    higher rate taxpayers
    non doms

the list goes on