+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DUP and the tories deal done

DUP and the tories deal done

Only cost a 1 billion bribe

Re: DUP and the tories deal done

Coalition of stability.

If this had happened in some tin-pot African dictatorship we'd be up in arms.

How is it possible for this government, any government, to effectively buy power like this?

Where is this 1bn coming from? The taxpayer obviously, meanwhile, Wales falls further and further behind in receiving our rightful share.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    If this had happened in some tin-pot African dictatorship we'd be up in arms.

How is it possible for this government, any government, to effectively buy power like this?

Where is this 1bn coming from? The taxpayer obviously, meanwhile, Wales falls further and further behind in receiving our rightful share.
    I am at a loss to understand why they are not all arrested AS A BRIBE IT DEFINATELY IS.

SCANDALOUS.

Makes a mockery of the so called anti bribery and corruption laws

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    I am at a loss to understand why they are not all arrested AS A BRIBE IT DEFINATELY IS.

SCANDALOUS.

Makes a mockery of the so called anti bribery and corruption laws
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Coalition of stability.
    Coalition of c unts.

To borrow a phrase politicians of all parties like to use these days, I want to be absolutely clear when I say that the £1 billion sweet.....sorry, inward investment opportunity for a region that is part of the UK, but not in Great Britain did not come from a magic money tree because we all know that it's only the Labour party who have those. On a similar matter, I'd like to clarify that, while it was clearly Marxism when the Labour party to proposed an energy price cap three or four years, the Conservative proposal in their 2017 election manifesto to do the same thing was merely a strong and stable party reacting to events in a measured and practical manner.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To borrow a phrase politicians of all parties like to use these days, I want to be absolutely clear when I say that the £1 billion sweet.....sorry, inward investment opportunity for a region that is part of the UK, but not in Great Britain did not come from a magic money tree because we all know that it's only the Labour party who have those. On a similar matter, I'd like to clarify that, while it was clearly Marxism when the Labour party to proposed an energy price cap three or four years, the Conservative proposal in their 2017 election manifesto to do the same thing was merely a strong and stable party reacting to events in a measured and practical manner.

If the billion pound bribe bothers you then you'll be furious when you find out how much the farmer is claiming in compo for that damaged wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    If the billion pound bribe bothers you then you'll be furious when you find out how much the farmer is claiming in compo for that damaged wheat.

This just cannot be right, it's money for votes. Absolutely scandalous behaviour.

So this raises the cost to the rest of the UK for Theresa May's vanity election to about £1.5 bn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    That's it make hay about a lovely memory for a young husky innocent girl being chased through her fields .

I AM RIGHT WING TORY. SO IF I AM ANNOYED AT THIS OBVIOUS BRIBE THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Heaven knows how irritated the loonie left will be at it!

I AM RIGHT WING TORY. SO IF I AM ANNOYED AT THIS OBVIOUS BRIBE THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL.

Surely this is the final straw for May, she can't blame any of this on advisors.

Scotland and Wales will have their own points to make about it but I hope English people aren't forgotten in all of this. Per head of population it is the equivalent of the government spending 14.5 billion extra per year for the next two years in England.

Carwyn Jones has called it a bung to keep a weak PM in office.

Whilst I don't go a bundle on this deal ( I don't think they needed since the DUP wouldn't vote with Corbyn until hell freezes over, it is perhaps worth pointing out that Nigel Dodds of the DUP has said today that not only did Labour want to discuss a deal with them in 2010 but so did Labour AND the SNP in 2015!!!

And that would not have involved any cash would it.

Of course not.

Yeah one would think even the most entrenched Conservative party cheerleader would be able to wade through party politics and see why this kind of deal should be illegal...

Whilst I don't go a bundle on this deal ( I don't think they needed since the DUP wouldn't vote with Corbyn until hell freezes over, it is perhaps worth pointing out that Nigel Dodds of the DUP has said today that not only did Labour want to discuss a deal with them in 2010 but so did Labour AND the SNP in 2015!!!

And that would not have involved any cash would it.

Of course not.
    Uh no sorry I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yeah one would think even the most entrenched Conservative party cheerleader would be able to wade through party politics and see why this kind of deal should be illegal...

Uh no sorry I was wrong.
    I am not an entrenched Tory cheerleader Eric.

My support for the Tory party is driven by an intense dislike of the current Leader of the opposition and his marxist chancellor.

If Labour found a decent leader with decent policies rather than a "Spend Spend Spend" wish list I might support them.

And why is it illegal by the way.

A bit grubby of course, but that is what tends to happen with coalitions or arrangements like this in one shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

My support for the Tory party is driven by an intense dislike of the current Leader of the opposition and his marxist chancellor.

If Labour found a decent leader with decent policies rather than a "Spend Spend Spend" wish list I might support them.

A bit grubby of course, but that is what tends to happen with coalitions or arrangements like this in one shape or form.
    Elwood. The big issue I have with this is the rank hypocrisy of the Tories. The right wing rags slaughtered Corbyn as being a terrorist sympathiser. May herself constantly warned of a coalition of chaos. Yet here we are with May bunging a party with UDA links a billion to go into an informal coalition of chaos.

You couldn't make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Any evidence of this?

I didn't say it is illegal but I can't see how anyone voted to fund Northern Irish infrastructure and services above the levels of the other nations of the UK as specified by the Barnett Formula. The Conservative party should be spitting feathers over this, a large majority of their MP's are against the Barnett Formula in principle because it is 'unfair to England', yet they celebrate a deal like this.

The Conservatives are just plain desperate, they would have done anything for anyone to stay in power. The DUP actually had a choice here and their actions can only weaken the Union that they claim to hold so dear.

Sheeple of Wales will still vote Labour at the next election.

I have sharpened my knives and I am ready to give Labour MP's who were involved a load of abuse so if you could just point me to the bit where he promises (or even offers) more money then we can begin.