+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emyr Huws to Ipswich - Deal done (updated)

Re: Emyr Huws to Ipswich - offer accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't you mean he didn't take his chance here. When he was asked to play he lacked any kind of interest giving off a vibe that he couldn't be bothered especially that Fulham FA cup tie.
    1 league start and 1 cup game that the manager himself wasn't that arsed for isn't giving a player a chance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    1 league start and 1 cup game that the manager himself wasn't that arsed for isn't giving a player a chance
    If a player is selected infrequently it is up to him to at least try. Huws didn't. As others have said the fact that he has played at other clubs and been let go tells its own story.

I wonder if being brought through at Man Citha, he now has an attitude problem, in thinking he is too good for this level.

Don't all jump down my throat , as I'm only surmising, as a few years ago, he was being touted as going to be on the same level as Bale & Rambo.

What has happened to him, it's a bit like Jason Koumas, looks like he is not going to fulfill his potential until it's late in his career

Banned

He scored 3 goals and 1 assist for Ipswich scoring the winner against Villa and scoring against Newcastle. His goal per minute played is better than all of our midfielders. No wonder Mick wanted him.

Surely this makes the Ledley deal more likely ?

Get rid of o'keefe too. Free up some more wages.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Warnock wants three more new players. I'd say that one will be a Jonny Hayes type player, but, assuming Huws and Adeyemi go, who else besides Ralls and Gunnarsson do we have to play central midfield? Bamba played there with mixed results last year and I suppose Halford could do a job there - there's Jamie Veale, Marco Weymans (if he's still with City), Lloyd Humphries and Sion Spence from our younger players, but I don't see Warnock looking on any of them as being able to come in and feature pretty regularly next season, so I'm thinking two out of the three further newcomers may be central midfield players.

Sad it didn't work out for Huws - potentially he's good enough to make us look pretty stupid in the next few seasons.
    According to the quote on **** Warnock says he'd like to get 3 players in before pre season starts. Ideally I'd like to see us sign 2 midfielders (a 4 and a 10) a winger and a striker.

I'd like us to take a punt on the young lad Mount from Chelsea on loan or Phil Foden from Citeh.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    According to the quote on **** Warnock says he'd like to get 3 players in before pre season starts. Ideally I'd like to see us sign 2 midfielders (a 4 and a 10) a winger and a striker.

I'd like us to take a punt on the young lad Mount from Chelsea on loan or Phil Foden from Citeh.
    He's said today he wants 2 midfielders, one of which is a 10, and a utility player "like Jonny Hayes"

Would have loved him to at least have a pre season with us until end of July so he could have tested himself, but clear from the start Warnock didn't want to bother. Huws looks like a quality footballer and would have thrived here having had a good bit of man management. Mick McCarthy on the contrary is probably the perfect manager for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's said today he wants 2 midfielders, one of which is a 10, and a utility player "like Jonny Hayes"
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40410359

No mention of Bruno Manga I see, although, judging by the positions of the players he says he wants to bring in, he doesn't think he is going to be losing a centreback.

No mention of Bruno Manga I see, although, judging by the positions of the players he says he wants to bring in, he doesn't think he is going to be losing a centreback.

I suspect a deal has been agreed with Manga & it's just a case of him signing it when he returns to Cardiff.

From what Warnock said it looks like Lambert will be leaving us shortly.

Nice to see BBC Wales still can't spell Zohore.

He's our new Whittingham!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40405467

Cardiff City have accepted an offer for Wales midfielder Emyr Huws from rival Championship team Ipswich Town.

The 23-year-old spent the last four months of last season on loan at Portman Road.

"I spoke to [Ipswich manager] Mick McCarthy and we've... accepted an offer and I think it's just down to the two clubs to sort the little details out," Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said.

"I think the player is happy, he had a good time there and we wish him well."

Huws came through the Swansea City and Manchester City youth systems, signing senior forms with the Manchester giants in 2012.

The midfielder joined Wigan Athletic in September 2014 after a successful loan spell the previous season, but joined Cardiff in August 2016 on a three-year deal.

Huws made his senior debut for Wales in a friendly against Iceland in March 2014 and has won 11 caps, scoring one goal.

Cardiff manager Warnock has also confirmed he wants to sign a further three players ahead of the new season.
    He looked great when he came on for Wales in Serbia!

(hardly a 'long run' in the team though, I admit.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

As he walked on the pitch, Serbia scored. !

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post

Did he though? I thought he made some really poor decisions, especially that shot at the end. He also dwells on the ball, which some managers like but we know Warnock doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Did he though? I thought he made some really poor decisions, especially that shot at the end. He also dwells on the ball, which some managers like but we know Warnock doesn't!
    Agree.

He didnt have much time but from what I saw I wasnt impressed.

He certainly didnt look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Agree.

He didnt have much time but from what I saw I wasnt impressed.

He certainly didnt look great.
    From what I've seen of Huws, the question for me is how does he fit into the side.

Holding midfielder? Not good enough defensively for me. Number 10 role? Doesn't strike me as quick enough physically or mentally to play there. Box to box? Can't see he's got the engine to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    As he walked on the pitch, Serbia scored. !
    OK, APART from that.....

;-)

I think he should stay. We have a midfield of Gunnarsson and Ralls now with Halford and O'Keefe as back up. So far.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think he should stay. We have a midfield of Gunnarsson and Ralls now with Halford and O'Keefe as back up. So far.
    No doubt we will have the "In Warnock We Trust" brigade (cringe) trying to dress that midfield up but for me that is an awful squad of midfielders. Not one of them can pass the ball with any conviction, none of them are creative, none of them are going to get you 10 goals a season. In fact they are all pretty much same, same, with no one offering a different option to the other.

Unless Warnock has got 2 decent midfielders lined up to replace Whitts and Huws then that midfield quarter is extremely underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No doubt we will have the "In Warnock We Trust" brigade (cringe) trying to dress that midfield up but for me that is an awful squad of midfielders. Not one of them can pass the ball with any conviction, none of them are creative, none of them are going to get you 10 goals a season. In fact they are all pretty much same, same, with no one offering a different option to the other.

Unless Warnock has got 2 decent midfielders lined up to replace Whitts and Huws then that midfield quarter is extremely underwhelming.
    That's not necessarily a major issue though. If Warnock wants something like a 4-2-3-1 then the responsibility for the two in midfield is to hold, protect the defence. Width comes from the full backs, reliance upon the wide players/number 10/striker to score.

Zohore looks like a twenty goal a season striker now, so that helps. More goals from out wide, from whoever plays behind Zohore will be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That's not necessarily a major issue though. If Warnock wants something like a 4-2-3-1 then the responsibility for the two in midfield is to hold, protect the defence. Width comes from the full backs, reliance upon the wide players/number 10/striker to score.

Zohore looks like a twenty goal a season striker now, so that helps. More goals from out wide, from whoever plays behind Zohore will be more important.
    We don't have a number 10 though. That's the point. All of our midfielders are limited technically.

The centre midfielders have to do more than just hold, they still have to work the ball to the full backs and front 4, and none of the 4 mentioned can pass the ball. In some of the cases they struggle to pass it further than 10 yards.

Warnock has gone on record as saying he wants 3 more players, 2 midfielders and a forward.

Regarding Huws he like Whitts are not the grafters and were never going to fit into a Warnock team.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    I think I'm correct in saying o'keefe was turfed out of QPR during warnock spell there. So I don't think he will be around here next year.

As for an earlier post about Lambert going. I'd be amazed if anyone takes him tbh.

Lambert will probably end up at somewhere like Eastleigh, where he stills has a home, and they are trying to show a bit of ambition to get into the football league
    I can see "Mutual agreement" being stated here as we probably pay him a few hundred grand to piss off

National league or conference is about his level now if he wants to carry on playing