+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emyr Huws to Ipswich - Deal done (updated)

Emyr Huws to Ipswich - Deal done (updated)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40405467

Cardiff City have accepted an offer for Wales midfielder Emyr Huws from rival Championship team Ipswich Town.

The 23-year-old spent the last four months of last season on loan at Portman Road.

"I spoke to [Ipswich manager] Mick McCarthy and we've... accepted an offer and I think it's just down to the two clubs to sort the little details out," Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said.

"I think the player is happy, he had a good time there and we wish him well."

Huws came through the Swansea City and Manchester City youth systems, signing senior forms with the Manchester giants in 2012.

The midfielder joined Wigan Athletic in September 2014 after a successful loan spell the previous season, but joined Cardiff in August 2016 on a three-year deal.

Huws made his senior debut for Wales in a friendly against Iceland in March 2014 and has won 11 caps, scoring one goal.

Cardiff manager Warnock has also confirmed he wants to sign a further three players ahead of the new season.

Re: Emyr Huws to Ipswich - offer accepted

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40405467

Cardiff City have accepted an offer for Wales midfielder Emyr Huws from rival Championship team Ipswich Town.

The 23-year-old spent the last four months of last season on loan at Portman Road.

"I spoke to [Ipswich manager] Mick McCarthy and we've... accepted an offer and I think it's just down to the two clubs to sort the little details out," Cardiff manager Neil Warnock said.

"I think the player is happy, he had a good time there and we wish him well."

Huws came through the Swansea City and Manchester City youth systems, signing senior forms with the Manchester giants in 2012.

The midfielder joined Wigan Athletic in September 2014 after a successful loan spell the previous season, but joined Cardiff in August 2016 on a three-year deal.

Huws made his senior debut for Wales in a friendly against Iceland in March 2014 and has won 11 caps, scoring one goal.

Cardiff manager Warnock has also confirmed he wants to sign a further three players ahead of the new season.

Potentially a very good player but it just hasn't worked for the lad here.

Looks like Ipswich want him, he wants to go and Neil doesn't fancy him so best to let him go.

Just hope we got the million quid back that was wasted on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Potentially a very good player but it just hasn't worked for the lad here.

Looks like Ipswich want him, he wants to go and Neil doesn't fancy him so best to let him go.

Just hope we got the million quid back that was wasted on him.
    I thought it might be savvy to include a buy-back clause.

Surprised he's left to be honest. Quite excited when he signed.

Noting his successful loan spell & international selection, I think it would be reasonable to expect in excess of £1m & a sell on clause. That said, I think it's pretty short sighted that we are selling him as with a run of games I think that he could be a good player for us.

I see Warnock wants three more new players. I'd say that one will be a Jonny Hayes type player, but, assuming Huws and Adeyemi go, who else besides Ralls and Gunnarsson do we have to play central midfield? Bamba played there with mixed results last year and I suppose Halford could do a job there - there's Jamie Veale, Marco Weymans (if he's still with City), Lloyd Humphries and Sion Spence from our younger players, but I don't see Warnock looking on any of them as being able to come in and feature pretty regularly next season, so I'm thinking two out of the three further newcomers may be central midfield players.

Sad it didn't work out for Huws - potentially he's good enough to make us look pretty stupid in the next few seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I thought it might be savvy to include a buy-back clause.

Surprised he's left to be honest. Quite excited when he signed.
    I'm not surprised he's leaving but I'm a bit surprised it hasn't worked out. He's certainly capable and I'd hope we have the foresight to include a sell on clause but it has become clear it wasn't going to work here and it is best to part ways now. Certainly need at least one centre mid now.

Another footballer shown the door at the club. Will we have anyone who can actually pass the football here come August 5th?

There is no real evidence that he would have been the ball passer, controlling player we need, in fact it could well have been very risky to amuse that .

I can see the logic in letting him go ,probably wanted away , perhaps the clubs have seen something we don't know , IE off field behavior, poor trainer ,poor attitude , didn't settle in the area , excessive wages , who knows, we move on .

In Warnock we must trust , if he had shown anything worthwhile and was worth that value he would be staying.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Another footballer shown the door at the club. Will we have anyone who can actually pass the football here come August 5th?
    We've got Greg Halford, calm down

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Warnock wants three more new players. I'd say that one will be a Jonny Hayes type player, but, assuming Huws and Adeyemi go, who else besides Ralls and Gunnarsson do we have to play central midfield? Bamba played there with mixed results last year and I suppose Halford could do a job there - there's Jamie Veale, Marco Weymans (if he's still with City), Lloyd Humphries and Sion Spence from our younger players, but I don't see Warnock looking on any of them as being able to come in and feature pretty regularly next season, so I'm thinking two out of the three further newcomers may be central midfield players.

Sad it didn't work out for Huws - potentially he's good enough to make us look pretty stupid in the next few seasons.
    I think Stuart O'Keefe is still under contract and will be back after his loan - but he clearly wasn't fancied by Warnock either.

One or two of the further signings must be central mids, surely.

However, if Warnock does decide to promote a few more players from the u23s to fill the gaps I will be very pleased, and very surprised.

Everything he has said about next season screams 'instant success' not 'steady progression'. So either he and Bellamy believe there are more young players like Healey and Harris who can be trusted in the first team very soon, or he will have to buy them in.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Stuart O'Keefe is still under contract and will be back after his loan - but he clearly wasn't fancied by Warnock either.

One or two of the further signings must be central mids, surely.

However, if Warnock does decide to promote a few more players from the u23s to fill the gaps I will be very pleased, and very surprised.

Everything he has said about next season screams 'instant success' not 'steady progression'. So either he and Bellamy believe there are more young players like Healey and Harris who can be trusted in the first team very soon, or he will have to buy them in.
    Various posters on **** seem to think SOK and Warnock had a big fall out at Palace, so I fully expect him to move on too.

While he wants instant success but his deals so far have been cheap and cheerful, so they won't be a millstone around our neck like OGS's dealings. I think a lot of them are low risk, high reward deals, someone like NML is worth taking a gamble on.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No, in fact haven't had that many for quite a few years now.

A bit gutted with this. Really thought a spell under Warnock could have seen him turn into a very good player for us. Fingers crossed he does well wherever he ends up because we could still benefit from his obvious talent in a Wales shirt.

Not the news I was hoping for this morning.

The only good part is this is happening early on in pre-season and there should be plenty of time to hire one or two creative midfielders which - as anyone can see - are the missing parts of the puzzle.

Can't help thinking this is a mistake. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

He may well go on to great things but if the relationship between player and manager isn't there then prob best he moves on. NW saw something in Ken that others didn't, so in this case im happy to trust the manager, and even though he will get things wrong on occasions things are still looking a lot brighter under NW than they have for some time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Maybe you should call him.

Looks like I'm alone in this, but I'm not bothered at all.

He looks laboured and sluggish everytime I’ve watched him so I'll be glad to free up some money for someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Looks like I'm alone in this, but I'm not bothered at all.

He looks laboured and sluggish everytime I’ve watched him so I'll be glad to free up some money for someone else.
    I'm with you. Ive not seen enough of him to be honest. But he's hardly set the world alight. Get the impression he's a bit fragile too.

I was really excited when he signed and its a shame he's going as he was never given a chance here

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I was really excited when he signed and its a shame he's going as he was never given a chance here
    Don't you mean he didn't take his chance here. When he was asked to play he lacked any kind of interest giving off a vibe that he couldn't be bothered especially that Fulham FA cup tie.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Got to ask why though? Ralls couldn't pass water at times under Trollope, and Huws still didn't get picked. When he did play, he was God awful too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    Maybe you should call him.
    You're using it all wrong. It's all about context. Keep trying. Keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Don't you mean he didn't take his chance here. When he was asked to play he lacked any kind of interest giving off a vibe that he couldn't be bothered especially that Fulham FA cup tie.
    Is that the game Warnock had no interest in and said himself he couldn't be bothered to get out of bed for?

The guy wasn't given the chance to succeed here.

There are obviously reasons why both Wigan and Huddersfield didn't want him. I will trust Warnock's judgement on this.