+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jazz Richards in midfield?

Jazz Richards in midfield?

There seems to be general agreement by posters, journalists and the one who matters (Warnock) that we are now in need of midfield reinforcements - with Whitts, Huws, Adeyemi (any others?) gone or going - leaving only Gunnar, Ralls, O'Keefe and Mark Harris as centre mids.

This article quotes Jazz Richards as saying he could do a job there, which may be a smart move by him given the level of competition he will face at right full back or wing back (Patterson, Peltier, Connolly):

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...clusive-Gossip

An alternative way for Richards into Cardiff manager Neil Warnock’s team could be in central midfield.

The former Swansea City man began his career as a midfielder before switching to right-back.

Richards believes he can still do a job in the middle of the park and said: “I started off as a midfielder and played a couple of games there when I was at Swansea and also in my younger days I played in midfield. I know that was a long time ago.

“It would take time to get used to that position again but I’m sure I’d have more to offer as a midfielder than a right-back.”

The Wales international also figured at left-back last term and is happy to do “whatever” job Warnock asks of him.

He added: “I’ll play anywhere as long as it’s on the pitch.

“I’m definitely a lot more comfortable playing on the right as I’m right-footed but if it comes to playing to left-back then left-back it is.

“I’m definitely a lot better on the right and I think I can offer a lot in midfield.”

Re: Jazz Richards in midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There seems to be general agreement by posters, journalists and the one who matters (Warnock) that we are now in need of midfield reinforcements - with Whitts, Huws, Adeyemi (any others?) gone or going - leaving only Gunnar, Ralls, O'Keefe and Mark Harris as centre mids.

This article quotes Jazz Richards as saying he could do a job there, which may be a smart move by him given the level of competition he will face at right full back or wing back (Patterson, Peltier, Connolly):

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...clusive-Gossip

An alternative way for Richards into Cardiff manager Neil Warnock’s team could be in central midfield.

The former Swansea City man began his career as a midfielder before switching to right-back.

Richards believes he can still do a job in the middle of the park and said: “I started off as a midfielder and played a couple of games there when I was at Swansea and also in my younger days I played in midfield. I know that was a long time ago.

“It would take time to get used to that position again but I’m sure I’d have more to offer as a midfielder than a right-back.”

The Wales international also figured at left-back last term and is happy to do “whatever” job Warnock asks of him.

He added: “I’ll play anywhere as long as it’s on the pitch.

“I’m definitely a lot more comfortable playing on the right as I’m right-footed but if it comes to playing to left-back then left-back it is.

“I’m definitely a lot better on the right and I think I can offer a lot in midfield.”
    As a wingback? Not sure I'm a fan.

At least he wants to play Huw's was rather silent all matters ?

Good to see players wanting to battle for a place but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this.

Just had a flashback to someone on here (can't remember who) suggesting that we played a midfield pairing of McNaughton and Darcy Blake.

At the moment he's likely to be third choice after Patterson and bennett, but Patterson not ready to start season and jazz has his chance. I'd happily move Peltier into CB position.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    At least he wants to play Huw's was rather silent all matters ?
    indeed

he is making all the right noises

I was impressed with Jazz last season but not sure if midfield is the answer.

Jazz really grew on me as last season wore on, and I'm always impressed with him for Wales.

Saying that, I'm hoping Patterson is that good we won't miss him!!

Honestly can't comment either way because I've never seen him play in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    At the moment he's likely to be third choice after Patterson and bennett, but Patterson not ready to start season and jazz has his chance. I'd happily move Peltier into CB position.
    Can't see peltier being a regular Cb with manga, samba and Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Can't see peltier being a regular Cb with manga, samba and Morrison
    If we've signed Chris Samba too then Peltier won't get a look in

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Good to see players wanting to battle for a place but I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about this.

Just had a flashback to someone on here (can't remember who) suggesting that we played a midfield pairing of McNaughton and Darcy Blake.
    Genius.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If we've signed Chris Samba too then Peltier won't get a look in
    Feckin autocorrect got me again

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I seem to remember him playing there against Slovakia

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He used to play in midfield when he was a youth player. Paolo Sousa moved him to left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Genius.
    Didn't we do that once? It's probably better than finishing a game with a back four of Whitts, Capaldi, Quinn and Blake though.

I'm pretty sure Lawrence played Vidmar next to Boland once, for their extensive passing ranges...

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Didn't we do that once? It's probably better than finishing a game with a back four of Whitts, Capaldi, Quinn and Blake though.

I'm pretty sure Lawrence played Vidmar next to Boland once, for their extensive passing ranges...
    Or my recent favourite of Eikrem and Cowie through the middle to get tanked 4-0 by feckin Hull

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

This wasn't in an injury crisis though, someone genuinely thought that would be an improvement on our midfield who were probably mcphail and Rae at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    This wasn't in an injury crisis though, someone genuinely thought that would be an improvement on our midfield who were probably mcphail and Rae at the time
    I'm not disputing that but we still did it

Also, Vidmar came in to shore up the midfield I think, he didn't look very comfortable!